Sunday, September 21, 2014

Where Have You Been?


Chicken and dumplings starter and our Samantha heading off to work...

Well?? Where have I been...Well, I just don't have a good answer for that. It's been super busy lately around here. We've gone visiting...had the grandkids for stayovers,
cooking...cleaning...TRYING to clean stuff out of my house to get more organized (not as easy as it looks...), Dr visits, end of our work year at the shop, reports to get done, Insurance audit to get ready for, buying a new work van for the shop...buying two new computers for here at home that came loaded with Windows 8.1.....and trying to learn said system.....which I HATE.....on and on and on...Fall is NOT a fun time around here.  Just thought I'd best let you all know I'm still alive and kicking.
It's a chicken & dumpling Sunday of which sounds good to everyone around here.  It's now on the stove boiling away.  I'm making extra stock to put in the freezer with this chicken...that's the reason for the bigger pot.  
So...guess I'll head off to visit all of you...Hope you have a super Blessed week!!

12 comments:

Sally said...

Wish I knew how to make dumplings! My mom made it seem so easy, but me? I'd have flour all over me and the kitchen!

Sam looks so pretty as usual. I hope she loves the job!

Okay, I'm going to forgive you as it seems you are quite the busy woman. But, after Christmas you best get on the ball woman! Speaking of Christmas, let's make some fudge!

Love you!!

Out on the prairie said...

Never made good drop dumplings as my ma would have. A favorite of mine.

Donna said...

That sounds like a pretty busy schedule to me! Gosh, your granddaughter is pretty. Great photo. Your day is going better than mine. I had to take Jim to the ER this a.m. For fever, chills, high pulse rate. Another bout with infections. Now tucked in a room on the oncology floor. Will stay at least 1 night. All test results not in yet.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Life has way of making things busy!!! Your Grandaughter is stunning!!!...Glad to ear your lil update xx

Chatty Crone said...

Donna is that gorgeous girl you? (I love that sweater). You are way to young to be a grandma. I know what you mean about being busy and getting things ready for the end of the year!

Lin said...

Whew! You are a busy gal!!

bichonpawz said...

What a gorgeous photo of Sam!! I know the feeling about the Windows 8...I hate it too. I have figured out a way around it though. Since it came already loaded on this new PC, I just decided to try to live with it. If I REALLY hate it, I will just erase all and start over with Win7. For now, I have deleted all of those ridiculous apps that I have absolutely NO use for...and I primarily just use my Google Chrome browser for everything. I really use my ipad for as much as possible, but there are some things I have to use the laptop for...so I was kind of stuck. This system is working out ok for me right now...we shall see how it goes long term. I absolutely refuse to put any money in to apps for Windows when I have spent my entire life savings in the Apple App Store! Really wish I could have afforded a Mac!! Those dumplings sure look good...I bet your house smells heavenly!!

Ann said...

You've got a much better reason for not blogging than I do. I just haven't felt like it.
Chicken and dumplings sounds good.
Love the picture of Samantha

Jenny said...

Oooooh that C&D starter looks good Donna! My mama used to make the best chicken 'n dumplings in the world when I was a kid. I don't think she's made that dish since the Johnson administration. I'll have to ask her why. I didn't care if she made the dumplin's from scratch biscuit dough or from canned biscuits ... it didn't matter, it made your tongue slap your brains out. xoxo also Samantha is a beauty!!! And you were missed so please don't stay away so long! xoxo

Sandy Trefger said...

Busy, busy, busy! Chicken & Dumplings sound good. Now that it's officially fall, I think I may need to make me some. :)

A Colorful World said...

Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging! :-) No, seriously, it's sometimes hard to juggle everything. Wish I'd been at your house Sunday for those chicken & dumplings!

Crystal said...

Hello??? Anyone home??? I know where you were last week and I know you did something that was bloggable!!!