Wednesday, July 29, 2015

They're Moving....


Ok, I admit it....I am not happy...they're moving to a suburb of Houston...Tim (third to L) got a wonderful promotion and has to go where they send him...and Crystal (second to L) and William (L) will make the move Dec 30th....Sami (far R) has a job here so she will be staying.  Tylar (right next to Sami) is in the Air Force at DoverAB. 
They are buying a house there so Tim will move before Crys and Will.  Crys and Will are staying until Dec because that was the deal...Will is BIG in Band here and has a girlfriend and is 16...Any questions?  He wants to at least see out football season here before he leaves and Crys and Tim agreed.  SO, Crys and Will will stay with us when their home here sells or they reach the Dec 30th mark.  Either way, that's it...they'll go at midterm.  They'll be traveling the 2 hours between towns to see each other and get ready for the move.  Dec will be here before we know it....(I need a drink).


ANYWAY...here's an accent chair I bought.  Needed the color to break up all the brown I have going on in the living room.  It works and I like it but it's not the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in...the seat...not soft.
 

This morning I have to get to the in-laws house to wait for the cleaning crew.  Too much for them to handle (90 and 88) so us kids are paying a crew to come do a honking big clean-up.  Our hit and miss between jobs and time off isn't cutting it...and it'll make them feel so much better.
I've set up our supper in the crock pot...chicken thighs, potatoes, corn and shallots.  Would you believe I've never cooked with shallots? Not once...so it should be a big adventure for us...yeah, we're that boring.
Well, I've rattled on long enough...I've been trying to learn Crystal's job at work...(#@$$&%#) and it's a challenge so that's my excuse this time for not posting.  And I just have not been HAPPY...Hahaaa....sorry.
Behave and I'll be around to check on you all.....still need that drink...

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Mother!! The job is easy and the drive is short. Get ur work done and get in the car. I'll get you that drink! As for the chair... At least you don't have to sit in it, lol! Love you and glad you posted!!! (And on a side note.... It's not easy leaving as it isn't seeing us go. Now STOP MAKING ME CRY!)

Sally said...

I know it makes you sad; as close as y'all are! I really thought Crystal and Will were staying for him to finish this school year. Be glad it's only two hours though; they could be moving to Japan! :)

The chair is pretty! Love the color.

Hey, I don't drink but the way things have been going, I could have one with you. :)

That's nice that y'all are having the cleaning crew for Larry's parents. I can't even get Patti to sweep! LOL

Love you all.

Jeanette said...

Oh it's not too bad going two hours. My guess is you will see plenty of each other! Love the color of that chair. Good for you guys hiring a crew for your parents. We need to do that for my dad as he can't keep up on his house any more.

Brenda said...

I understand. I really do. Big, big, (((hug))) my sweet friend.

Ann Thompson said...

Well I would say you've got plenty to not be happy about. I know you're going to miss not having them right there. Your crock pot dinner sounds good and I've never cooked with shallots eitehr

Lin said...

For all of that moving stuff, I think I need one of those chalkboards that the football coach uses to plan out plays just to keep track of everyone. Yikes! I hope the move all goes smoothly!

Donna said...

Oh, sweet Donna. I know that your heart is starting to ache about the BIG move by your loved ones. I know that you will be packing in last minute time together and making it all count. Life has a silly habit of changing, doesn't it? And we can kick and scream all we want, but God seems to have another plan in mind when things don't go our way. Even foot stomping doesn't work, LOL. And if you need a drink, I keep a nice supply of premium Kentucky bourbon on hand that should provide a little bit of soothing!

Anvilcloud said...

It's disappointing for you, but at two hours, it could be a lot worse. (As you well know, and I well know that you well know, but I had to say it doncha know. Well you knew that too, and I knew that you knew it.)

Sandy Trefger said...

All that moving is sad. But great opportunities for those moving and for you too...good excuse to go visit! Love the blue chair and I'm coming down for supper. LOL

Jenny said...

Well at least you've got more lead time to ease into the transition. Yes, Christmas is almost here, July is over and August looms, next the "ber" months and you know what that means. I know you'll make the most of your extra time with Crys and Will, and a two-hour drive is just NOTHING! Chin up chickie! xoxo

Judy said...

Dang kids! Always wanting to move away and lead their own lives. How dare THEY, look for a better way of life! BRATS! All of them! ;-)

Crystal said...

Hello?!?! Anyone home?!?!

Lee said...

I hope you had that drink! I hope you had a couple! :)

And I hope the spirits have lifted your spirits. :)

bichonpawz said...

Where have I been??? How did I miss this???? I am so sorry to hear that your family is moving Donna. It is difficult when they go off in different directions. My husband's daughter and family all live in Minneapolis and he only gets to see them once every couple of years...so a two hour drive shouldn't be too hard...you'll get used to it. Think of all the new things you will have to talk about! I know...I'd be crying to. It is hard. Hugs to you!! LOVE the color of your new chair. I think the dinner looks fabulous and nope...I've never cooked with shallots either!! xo

A Colorful World said...

I am horribly behind with everyone! I hope you will forgive me. Love the accent chair! How sad your dear ones are moving away, but not TOO far at least! You have a bit more time before they leave, which is good. Hope all is well with you, aside from this news. Take care!