Thursday, February 4, 2016

Test Drive Sunday...




Libby waiting on Daddy to get home from work


A little roast for Sunday supper


Leaving the shop for mini-test drive around lake


Hooking up car


Lake Waco...looks uninviting right now but come Spring, it's really pretty
We finally got our motor home back from the dealership where they had to perform many repairs.  They had it for almost three months!  In the RV world, people say this isn't unusual.  A lot of the new ones undergo some sort of transformation...good or bad.  Tiny things to be done...large things like furnaces that just won't blow...or air conditioners that won't cool properly.  We had quite the list, hence...out of our hands for a long while.  Hopefully, with our test trip coming up, we'll get to see if all's well in the RV'ing world.  We've missed it!  Larry also hooked up the car...it's coming with us.  I hate "first times" but we got it hooked up...got in the MH, said a prayer and took off for a small trip around the lake.  A sort of mini-test trip before the actual one to head south to see the kids. The car tracked great with the new tow package and FR3 At Last (my name for it) performed like a champ.  Now it's back to loading up and taking off...big sigh...Did you know, in the early days of motor homing, they called motorhomes House Buses?  Neither did I...
Well, guess I'll go get a coffee refill...it's 3:48am here...couldn't sleep and decided to get a post done. 
Hope you all are doing well and are safe and happy.  

12 comments:

bichonpawz said...

Oh Donna! I know how long you have wanted to do this and I am thrilled for you guys!! A little jealous actually as I don't even know what the heck we are going to be doing with ours?? We will have to get it towed to a facility just for them to try to figure out what is wrong. I was SO looking forward to heading south...I have gotten used to it! Husband says...we just have to wait and see...but he is anticipating it to be a LARGE bill. Not fun.

I hope you two have a BLAST with the kids and all goes well on your maiden voyage!! xo

Judy said...

Boy--that roast sure looks good!
I so envy you traveling around with a motor home.
Have fun!!

Jeanette said...

I am so completely jealous! Have a wonderful trip and hopefully everything will work perfectly in your motor home!

Gattina said...

The doggie picture put me in an excellent mood and I had to laugh !

Sally said...

Libby, oh Libby how cute you are!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip, and hoping everything works out great. I can hardly believe 3 months have gone by. Wow, time? Slow down, would ya?

xoxo

Ann said...

Now this is just my opinion but it seems to me if there are so many transformations being done that the manufacturers should be taking a closer look at the product they're putting out. I had never heard of the term house bus. I learned something new today :)
That roast looks pretty good with all those peppers on it

Lin said...

Oooh, that is exciting to get it out on the road. I sure hope they fixed everything in that amount of time. Hate to think of the cost too.. Ugh. I think they scam camper and boat owners BIG time.

We are off to the camping show next weekend. I guess the bug is catching!

Out on the prairie said...

Finally, they got it back to you. Dissuaded me from getting one, I am not as patient.LOL Hope they made up for this delay with something free.

Jenny said...

I'd been wondering for awhile whether the repairs had been done to y'all's satisfaction. I'm so happy to hear you're in possession of your motor home again and looking forward to some trips. You're going to have some great adventures. xoxo

Sandy Trefger said...

Love your Libby photos and hopefully the test drive was good! Supper must have been yummy! :)

Anvilcloud said...

Happy trekking, whenever you decide to head out.

Nita Jo said...

Sounds like fun! I hope all is well, and I wish you safe and happy travels! :)