Saturday, October 1, 2016

San Antonio and Retirement...

 Yes...this was what I couldn't talk about on my last post...Larry retiring.  He wanted to work things out before we said anything.  Telling family, friends...etc.  

 It was more difficult to do then it was to talk about doing...seems so final when you actually do it.  I thought it was suppose to be a happy time but I guess life just gets in the way.  Oh well...We'll figure it all out.  It's not like he won't be at the shop anymore, he will.  If the guys need something or to fill in for sick people or vacationers.  Just not every day anymore.  He's tired and so am I...But, I'm going to keep working a while longer.    Larry's brother and his wife will be handling things.  They're younger.  We'd like to take off in the motorhome more often so maybe we now can.  I think I am now considered his SugarMomma....pitiful...Hahaaa
 We took a trip to San Antonio to see our friends Tom and Beverly.  Went to a restaurant that was also  a place that sold antiques and junk.  This chicken decided he was in love with Bev and followed her everywhere!  Literally, right on her heels.  

 This little Frenchie was the guard of the yard...too cute.  He never barked at us but definitely was in charge!
 Anyone remember this type of merry go round?  Very old!

I just liked the red of this fire truck...bright.
Well, guess that's about all the news for now.  It's already October!  Can you imagine?  Larry opened windows and turned on the ceiling fan...had to run put on socks!  Hope it's not going to be a bad Winter... Y'all have a super weekend...coming to check up on you!

9 comments:

Sally said...

So happy Larry has a Sugar Mama! Too funny.

I'm really glad that you guys will be taking it easier; you sure deserve it after all those years holding you back from doing what you love!

Hoping not a bad winter for you all. I'll just be glad when hurricane season is over.

xoxo

Out on the prairie said...

I retired from teachingin09. I went back and worked at a state hospital for a few years in 2011.i had started my production company in 05 to have a hobby when i did retire.I play hard and do what I want when I want to. I volunteer with conservation programs for kids at county, state and federal levels.Sometimes one is busier. We had planned for a good one, but my wife went to a better place.I do have a retirement joke.

I was walking and a older fellow tripped and fell. I sat him on a bench and asked how he was doing. " I get by, but it was better financially before I retired."

Lin said...

Well, congratulations to Larry...and you! How nice that you have earned this time off and to some things that you WANT to do, rather than what you HAVE to do. You are very lucky to have that!

Okay...so I am anxious to hear what you do with all this free time.

Ann said...

Congratulations to Larry. It's nice that he can still work now and then if he wants to. That's how my boss is. He comes in 3 days a week unless he has something else to do :)

Sally said...

Come to Florida! To the beach; I'll meet you there. :)

xoxo

Jeanette said...

Congratulations to Larry! I'm a little jealous! Now get in that motorhome and travel the US!

bichonpawz said...

Congrats to Larry! Now I hope you will be able to do some more traveling! I just love SanAntonio! The RiverWalk is amazing!

Sandy Trefger said...

Congratulations! I think you will enjoy retirement or semi retirement as the case may be--more travels and you'll forget all about work or the shop. :)

Jenny said...

This is wonderful news but I understand your trepidation. Transition is difficult. But you'll do swimmingly. That chicken is darling. xoxo