Monday, February 20, 2017

It's Alive!!! What?? :o)


These are steak fingers...Lunched at a new eatery here in town...Good stuff!

Larry grilled up some ribs, Texas Style...

Our Libby adores anything cheese...We took the motorhome out last weekend and Larry experimented using the oven.  Worked out great.

And of course Buddy and Libby had to bring their bling with them.


Cream filled donuts...

And a heart shaped potato chip...

And all Libby got was a bone... ;o)
We've been busy as of late.  Larry's mom was back in the hospital again, twice now.  Mom is 89 and dad is 91.  It's sad to see once spry, loved ones go downhill...all you can do is be there for them.  It's a bit scary for Larry...everyone's different.  All you can do as a child is put one foot forward and just keep walking the walk....
Today is a First Monday...you ask what's a First Monday...I now take off Monday's from work!  Three day weekends!!  Yeah!  I'm winding it down folks...maybe in six months I'll just work three days a week, we'll see.  Family businesses are tricky.  When do you say, Enough is Enough?  I really need to stay busy...maybe retire then go back into nursing??
Coming to visit!

9 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

I like the old fart pic. Went out camping this last week and it was a nice start for the season.Pass those pastries please.LOL

Ann Thompson said...

I always get hungry when I come to your blog. I'll have a little of each please.
Three day weekends sound pretty good to me

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I've seen that picture before!!!! The one on the card! Hysterical, but still, don't want to think about when she takes her left hand "away," and resumes handling the dishes!!!!!!! >,-))))))))

Mmmm... Jan. 6th to Feb. 20th... Mmmmm... Are you gonna' post more, now that you have monday off????!!!???!!!<---Nosy, aren't I?????

Sorry about the in-laws. -sigh-

When to quit work? When it feels right. Just listen to your gut. It will tell you. At least, that's what I try to follow.

Happy Blogging Return!!!!

Lin said...

Oooh, I am envious that you got the camper out. We went to the camping show to drool over all those HUGE campers with flat screen tvs and heated massage loungers....

we still have our tent. But joyfully so. But...those campers....!!

I understand the parent thing. Joe's parents both turned 90 this month. It is hard to see them growing more frail. :(

bichonpawz said...

Great to see a post from you Donna!! I LOVE the looks of the steak fries AND the RIBS! Don't you love it when your husband cooks?? I do!! We are getting ready for out southern venture...and I simply CANNOT wait!! It has been warmer here than normal...but still soooooo grey and dreary. I want to see BRIGHT and Cheery Flowers and Palm Trees!! PS....Yes, I talked him in to keeping it ONE more year!! WooHOO!!

Anvilcloud said...

Those two foodie pics are enough to get me slobbering wildly.

Sorry about the health issues in the family. Tough times.

Lee said...

Better than that truck driver in the first pic!! ;)

My thoughts are with you regarding the older members of your family. It's hard, I know.

Sandy Trefger said...

Ha, ha. Love Libby! Loved your Valentine card too and all the food photos....oh my! I'm hungry now! LOL

Jenny said...

Mondays at home are the best. I'm glad you had a love-filled Valentine's Day. Libby's face at the cheese toast is priceless. xoxo