Monday, August 7, 2017

A Late Ten Year Blogaversary...



Morning!  Again, I'm overdue for a posting.  I really don't set out on a daily basis, intending to not post, it just ends up that way.  I also can't believe I've had this blog for ten years!!  Where has the time flown off to?   My first post is Here ...but I must admit it's been fun.  I've gotten to know a lot of people from all around the world.  Some of us have remained in contact to this very day and some have gone off into other directions.  We've had heartache, laughter, shocks and many passings.  The latest is Brenda's (What's Up Down South) grandson Zach, whom she and her late husband, James, had raised.  He went swimming last Saturday and swam out too far, trying to rescue a child's inner-tube but was exhausted when trying to make it back to shore.  A man tried to find him but to no avail.  He was later found...deceased.  SO heartbreaking... but when you love so many people and befriend them, even in this virtual world, then you share in all ways.  I wouldn't have it any other way...
  I took the above photo a few years ago of myself.  I NEVER do selfies, but another blogger buddie tagged me...and literally, insisted I play along so, I did.  And the bluebonnet shot is several years old.  Since our daughter and family moved away, Larry and I have found the "empty nest" syndrome...sucks big time!  Yes, Our oldest granddaughter still lives locally but it's just not the same.  Those of you that "hear" me, know what I'm talking about.  We are still working on getting out of our funk but if wishes were horses...and all that.  We have a trip planned to get back out to New Mexico to see friends who live in Angel Fire, NM.  Gorgeous country.  
Well, I hope this blabby little post sort of catches you all up on my world.  Larry and I are doing ok physically...the furrbabies are fine...I'm still working but may be taking my retirement soon.  I'll be turning sixty six this Wednesday so I'm thinking it's probably about time.  We want to travel and a job seems to be a hindrance to that.  I best decide soon!
Enjoy your day people...

12 comments:

Nita Jo said...

Hello Donna! I've missed you! I'm so sorry to read about Brenda's grandson. I don't do as much blog reading as I used to, so am out of the loop. Blame the eyes for that, and of course just getting busy with the everyday stuff of life. I think I'd be lost if my sons moved far away, so I feel for you and your empty nest. Anyway, Happy Blogaversary! I'm so glad blogging brought us together! Big Hugs to you!!!

Sally said...

Ten years! And, I believe I've known you that long or close to it. Yes, the friendships we make, and keep, are real whether we ever meet in person or not. I know I've come to love you, and all of the family and that's a fact! :)

Zach's death is horrific, and I know Ms Brenda is going to be lost with him gone. So very sad. :(

That's the cutest pic of you! Well, gollllly, a birthday on Wednesday? You're catching up with me 'cause Hunter says I'm 57 instead of 75. LOL

So good to see you today.

xoxo

Out on the prairie said...

Sad to hear about brendas grandson, she has had a lot of heartaches.We all used to do photos with the same theme. I am a few years behind you, but have been friends since I started.Take my word for it,retirement is fun. I had so much fun I did it twice, once from teaching and once from the state hospital.Good to hear from your way. Headed out camping today.

bichonpawz said...

Congrats on the ten year Blogoversary Donna! I, too, started ten years ago...where did THAT time go???

I am heartbroken for Brenda....honestly I could not believe it at first when I read the posts. May God bless her with some happiness in her life now...she needs that!

Retirement is awesome...ESPECIALLY when on the road!! You have no idea how very much I'd love to go out west again! I just love it there. Still cannot sell my husband on the idea though.

That is a terrific photo of you!! Crystal looks like you! I just love the sense of humor you two have!! How I wish we could get together for coffee!

Anvilcloud said...

We moved a long way at significant expense to be with our daughter and family, and we don't regret it. Not possible for all or even advisable, but it worked for us.

Lin said...

10 years?! WOW! That's great! It's fun to go back and see where you have been, isn't it? Blogs are great for recording the things going on in your life.

I think the empty nest takes some getting used to. I like it, though. I like to see the kids grown and making their own lives. I miss them...but I can visit. Depends on how far away they are, I guess.
You'll figure it out...and get used to a new normal.

Jenny said...

Awwww luv you are so missed. If it weren't for Instagram, I don't know what I'd do. Be bereft, I guess. What a gorgeous picture of you, above. Have the greatest birthday ever, and please do retire! You deserve it. xoxo

Ann Thompson said...

Very sad to hear about your blog friends grandson. I like your selfie. Hope your birthday is the best one ever

Sandy Trefger said...

10 years! Wow!! Happy Blogaversary!! (Did I spell that right?) Oh well. I always forget when it's my anniversary. I always have to look it up but think it is going to be 6 years for me this fall.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Happy "Having-A-Blog-For-10-Years"!

Gentle hugs,
Luna Crone

Sandra Cox said...

Love your selfie;)

Heartfelt condolences to Brenda.....

Brenda said...

I am so VERY happy that we met on our blogs. You have given me hope and love through many trying times sweet lady. I love you.