Saturday, November 18, 2017

It's My Favorite Time of the Year...

Yes, it's UP...but the lights are off until after lunch, on Thanksgiving Day.  It's smaller as well.  We gave our 7 1/2footer to our granddaughter, Samantha.  I wanted something a bit smaller so Larry got on the internet and picked one out and ordered it!  Haystix or Haysticks or something like that dot com.  Just type in bing or google search, Christmas trees.


November 17th was Larry's mom's birthday.  Her 90th.   Larry handing over home made chicken soup.

The birthday girl...She said, "I sure do need to get to the beauty shop..."  Hahaa...yep, bless her heart.

I made a whole chicken in the Instant Pot (Amazon sells them as well as Instant Pot. ) Love it!

I promise this REALLY happened!  Drugs?  Alcohol??



Well, thought I'd say a FEW words to let you know  there hasn't been ANY bites or falls lately and that's a Good Thing!  I really was getting sick of it all...
Yesterday was Larry's mom's birthday so we went visiting.  Ninety!  Amazing...but she is now really dependent on Larry's dad who is 93...Both are hard headed and won't accept help easily but we keep trying.
Yes, we put up our tree early...first time EVER in 45 years of marriage.  And if you asked why...I couldn't say.  Nostalgia?  Who knows.  We just did it.  Lights off until after lunch Thanksgiving though...it's just ready to go.
Well, I'll keep this short.  Just checking in...Have a sweet and peaceful day!

15 comments:

Out on the prairie said...

the tree looks nice, I need a new one so will have to look.Nice to still have parents, mine have been gone for a long time

Sally said...

Your tree looks so pretty! The kids talked Britt and Matt to put up their tree, so you aren't the only early bird.

Speaking of birds, I know you're looking forward to Thanksgiving with your family. Not that they are 'birds' I'm talking about the turkey. :)

Glad to know things are a bit back to normal after those mishaps Donna. And, Larry's parents are really troopers!

xpxp

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lovely that his parents are still in their own home, at this age.

Luna Crone

Sandra Cox said...

Donna, that tree is beautiful!
Many good wishes to the birthday girl.

Ann Thompson said...

The tree looks nice. I got a new one this year too but won't put it up till after thanksgiving.
Cracking up over the idiot who tried to cash that check

Jeanette said...

Your tree looks beautiful!!

Lin said...

I see a lot of people put their trees up early, so you are not alone. I just don't want to dust the damn thing, so we wait awhile for the fake tree and put the real one up about one week before Christmas.

LOVE the drunk(?) check writer.

Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure if anyone deserved 368 billion it was that guy.

Sandy Trefger said...

I don't understand why he was not able to cash that check! LOL Your tree may be small but it is gorgeous! The lights look so bright and colorful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jenny said...

Your tree is gorgeous! I love multicolored lights. I am way behind you though; I've only THOUGHT of putting up my trees. It won't get done until after turkey but that's okay. Good on Larry, getting a new tree from ... I think it's Hayneedle, haaahaha. Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

Love Affair with Food said...

Your tree is so beautiful.
Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

Sandra Cox said...

Just stopped by to say hey and that I hope your Thanksgiving was wondrous.

Sandra Cox said...

That attempted check cashing is a hoot isn't it?
Hope you're having a day filled with sparkle, Donna.

Joan said...

Beautiful tree as usual. Merry Christmas!

Nita Jo said...

Your new tree is beautiful! I didn't have one this year, for the first time I can remember. Too much life going on...

That chicken looks delicious! Several friends are sharing their Insta Pot success stories. I may have to give in and get one for myself. Haha!