Sunday, April 29, 2018

I Don't know where the time has gone...


William and sister, Samantha




Crystal and Dad, Larry


Sam and boyfriend,  Everett
William, Flag bearer...R.O.T.C.. (Reserve Officer Training Corps)   at his high school

 Will and his girlfriend Jenny (first two)

High school Senior William and our Mr DoughBoy at one and a half

Easter lunch

Sorry again...Hahaaa...no excuses...let's see...I retired.  I told you that didn't I?  We've been doing modifications to the motorhome, getting it ready for some trips coming up, one in May in which we go to Magnolia, Texas, to see our grandson graduate high school.  And that will be it as far as school age children are concerned...we done...as in, all our babies are sprouting their wings and flying away to their new adventures.  Are we sad?  You BET!  Are we happy for them?  You BET. 
William is already in the R.O.T.C. program at the high school.  BUT...he will be shipping out June 18th to head out to start his basic training...first in Houston to get officially sworn in then, on to San Antonio (Lackland AFB) for basic.  After that, we find out after basic where he goes to tech school.  The good thing about it though is, he got his first job pick out of ten positions!  Mechanic on heavy jets...Supposedly, there will be an opening for him.  SO happy if it happens.  Our other grandson, Tylar has the same job and flys all over the world.  What an education.  Oh well...I've bored you enough.
The second trip will be in August...late.  Heading to Finger Lakes in New York state.  Meeting up with our "tribe" at an RV park there.  There's eight of us so it should be a blast.  We all went to high school together, '66 to 69.
Well, you behave...I'll be hopping over to check on you!

11 comments:

Sally said...

They (all of them) grow up so quickly it seems. I know you're proud of each and every one of those kiddo's, Donna.

I always like seeing you here, and thanks for the update. So glad that you and Larry are able to enjoy the RV and hope you fantastic trips ahead.

coco

Lin said...

WOW! How exciting! There is so much happy in this post--glad to hear that all is well. Enjoy your retirement and your lovely family. You have much to be thankful for!!

Nita Jo said...

Hello Donna! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been terrible about keeping it up, but plan to do better so we'll see. Haha! Love your updates on the family. The grandkids are so grown up! Heading over to see if this old computer will play your video. HUGS!

Ann said...

Retirement is keeping you busy but at least it's a fun busy. Loving all the photos especially the one with the two pics of William.

Sandy Trefger said...

Time goes by way to fast! Congratulations to your grandson and I love his girlfriend's prom dress!!

Sandra Cox said...

What a handsome family!
Many congrats on your retirement. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Sounds like you are:)
Your grandsons chose wisely. The world will always need plane mechanics. Wishing them much success.
Be safe in your travels.
Hugs

Out on the prairie said...

I went in right after high school also. A good part of my life even going to war.

Lee said...

Oh! You must be so proud of Tylar and William...and rightly so. I feel proud of them, and I don't know them.

Wonderful photos, Donna...thank you for sharing them. :)

Time....it's flying by! I'm finding it difficult to believe we're almost halfway through 2018 already!!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Kids grow up so fast. My youngest grand is graduating kindergarten this month, and my oldest is a junior in college. Time flies by so fast. Your trips sound exciting. Have a blessed week!

Jenny said...

Hey stranger! Congratulations to William on his graduation. I remember when Andrew left for Lackland AFB in 2007. Seems like yesterday and it's been eleven years. Have fun on your trips and I'll be sure to check out your channel. xoxo

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds like a lovely, fun summer.