Thursday, July 7, 2022

Cakes, Shakes and Other Benign Musings...


My version of an elegant cake...lol...Well, I tried!


Top view, of course...


Independence Day cake...



And after all that cake... (nope, I was good!  I had my Keto Chow shake...I'm doing the Carnivore Diet.  Already lost 6.5lbs in two weeks.  Slow and steady.  It'd be more if I walked more but, with cake making and helping hubby out in the wood shop, just no time.)


Also made more cake flour...Sorry but...I'm not paying $13.58 for 32oz of Swans Cake flour!!  I'll make my own, thank you very much!  Here's the link...




I find it's a great idea to cover your scale with plastic wrap...


This is why...I'm a pig in the kitchen...lol


Then I packed up my big bag of All Purpose flour for storage.  I usually use three cups in my baking so, thats how I stored it in small paper bags.  Stuck them in the freezer for three days to kill any insect eggs or undesirables, took them out this morning to be stored in a food safe bucket for long term storage.  With inflation, you HAVE to think ahead!  And it's only going to get worse...


Ordered this housecoat, beach coat, for our soon to be here great-granddaughter... from Amazon weeks and weeks ago...the postal service lost it...then it mysteriously shows up here last night!  No notice sent!  Everything is crazy these days!


Larry's breakfast this morning...NOT mine, darn it...remember?  I had my shake...


Found this image of Jesus on the internet...I love it!  Long story but, this is how I see him.  There was the light skinned and dark-skinned peoples from his time in the middle east.  He was of the fair skinned peoples...in MY opinion.  We each see and feel different things...



Self-explanatory...  



So is this...Lolol

Y'all have a sweet and peaceful week!!

 

11 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Look at how many layers on that Independence cake! Looks so festive, and the rose one is sweet. You did a great job on the roses. The little housecoat with roses is darling for your granddaughter. Nel finds the cutest stuff for Mia to wear on Amazon...and for herself! There is a painting of Jesus that a young girl made, and I've always loved it. I look at it from time to time when saying prayers. That bacon sure looks good, there's nothing like it. I hope you're having a good Summer so far. : ) This is a lovely post this morning.

~Sheri

Jeanette said...

Girl, I have to hand it to you that you can make those beautiful, luscious looking cakes and still be on a diet! I'm afraid that would be too much for me! That little robe is the cutest little thing I've ever seen! I can't wait until you see her walking around in it with her little bare toes sticking out the bottom! Adorable! XO

Bill said...

That's a great looking cake, I can't even imagine how sweet it is. Enjoy your day.

Ann said...

That cake is gorgeous. You should have your own bakery. I don't know if I could bake a cake and then not have any. Good for you having such willpower.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Those cakes are pretty elegant, in my opinion! Who EATS all of that cake? I had no idea that Swans Down flour was that high now, but I confess that on my last grocery trip I almost broke down and cried! It's all so out of hand and unnecessary! I'll have to look up that carnivore diet, although something tells me it's eating a lot of meat (which is fine with me)! But I'll have to look into that keto shake too. Love ya girl! xoxo

Mari said...

Your cakes are beautiful! I didn't know you could make cake flour.
That little robe for the soon to come great granddaughter is so cute.
I'm going to have to look up that diet, cause my pants have been giving me that look. :)

Margaret D said...

Oh my goodness what a cake - wow...you did well.

Sandra Cox said...

Those cakes are beautiful. You're an artist at your craft.
Hugs

Sandra Cox said...

You make your own cake flour? Awesome.
With your beautiful cakes and making your own flour, you could start up a bakery if you were so inclined.
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

That cake looks amazing, so many lovely layers.

Well done on your weight loss :)

All the best Jan

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your cakes are amazing, Donna, and way to go on making your own cake flour. We do have to save all we can with inflation the way it is!