Monday, December 12, 2022

She's Off to Daycare...

 Morning Guys...Well, my greatgran Sloane is off to daycare today.  I've taken care of her since October.  I knew this day was coming, sooner than later, but it doesn't make the parting easier.  You get very attached.  She will still be coming to me on Fridays...only until noon unless Samantha has a client in the afternoon.  So, we won't have to go through total withdrawal...and that's a good thing.  

Hope you've gotten all your Christmas shopping finished.  I'm going out today to get some last-minute things accomplished.  Hubs and I ran to town Saturday...gads...and it was a madhouse!!  Stood in the checkout line over thirty minutes.  My feet were not happy about the situation.  If you're going out, just be safe...check out your surroundings!  I'm licensed to carry but I'm still extremely aware.  These days?  People are under tons of stress.  Try to be kind and patient.  

I'll get in another post before Christmas, hopefully.  Hope you're well and are enjoying the cooler temps.  This is Texas and heat hangs around for at least six months.  Starts early, stays late.  

Be safe...will be around to check up on you soon! 



Sam, Everett and Sloane...



Sam and Sloane



Larry (hubby) Greatgampa and Sloane


I did manage to get our tree up!



Sloane and yours truly, watching Christmas shows...



Who could resist this face??


Our daughter Crystal, Sloane's grandmother, Lolli...getting their hair done...Lolol


This is SO TRUE!Lolol...





15 comments:

Mrs. White said...

The baby is so precious! You must have greatly enjoyed taking care of her. I can imagine how tiring it must be though. God bless you! Have a wonderful Christmas!

NanaDiana said...

I went through the same thing with my grandgirls, Donna. It is so hard to get attached to being with them daily and then have them go somewhere else. You will always have that sweet 'baby bond' with her though.
Have a wonderful Christmas season- xo Diana

Ann said...

Aww, Sloane is just so adorable. I love the way she's looking at Larry in that one picture. Glad you don't have to go through total withdrawal.
Your Christmas tree looks really pretty.

Bill said...

Sloane is so adorable, love her big smile. Your Christmas tree is very pretty. Have a good week.

Jeanette said...

Aww I know you're going to miss seeing that sweet baby every day! She is absolutely precious! Love your tree! I am almost done with my shopping which is a record for me this early! XO

Lin said...

Aw, that's hard to let her go, I'm sure. And for Mom and Dad too. Hard to send her off, but maybe she will make some new baby friends there! Hahaha! I just hope that she doesn't catch a lot of colds and such. It's hard to be a Mom and Dad these days with having to balance work/careers and raising a family. It's nice that you can still have Friday's with her!

Mari said...

Awww - little Sloane is just so cute! I'm glad you still get her on Fridays.
Your tree is so pretty!
That Target meme is hilarious!

Kay G. said...

Sloane is such a pretty baby! And that is true about Target! Love your tree. Take care!

Margaret D said...

Just a joy to see is that little one...beautiful photo too.
Take care.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my gosh, these pictures are so precious, especially the under-the-hairdryer. Just love it. I bet you are going through withdrawal. How wonderful that you have had a chance to bond with that baby. She will always remember.
Hugs

Sandra Cox said...

That meme is a hoot.
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww lovely photographs of Sloane, she is adorable.
Your Christmas tree looks very pretty.
Enjoy your weekend, our shops are getting very busy now with only a week until Christmas!

All the best Jan

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awwwww baby Sloane is so sweet. We are all ready and just waiting now, because I want everything I make to be fresh and I don't want to freeze a whole lot, so I'm champing at the bit to start baking and making and cooking and drooling, haaha! It's cooled down here too and I love that. It's such a brief time but I love my winter clothes. Love ya friend! xoxo

Sandra Cox said...

You have such a handsome family:)
Hugs

Sally said...

Every time I see Sloane Avery I think to myself: she is just the most beautiful baby. Ever!

Love to y'all