Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sometimes, life gives you surprises...


Yep...a surprise.  I went for my annual mammogram, and they found a suspicious area that needed to have a more through look... I got a technician that was fantastic.  She not only got me right in but after they found the lump, she got the doctor to do the biopsy right there and then!  That's not common.  
Okay...What they found...It's a 6 millimeter, in size, a baby pea....  That's very small.  The doctor said that if one has to have a lump, this is the size you'd want.  They found it super soon! (THANK YOU GOD).  
I have an appointment on September 15th with the surgeon.  I'll know more then.  I don't know yet, if it's slow growing or aggressive...the surgeon will talk all that over with me at my appointment.
How am I doing?  Well...this sounds strange but, I know God was with me...I felt absolutely nothing but extreme calm.  In fact, I was trying to calm the doctor and technician! lolol...
Now!  What have I always said?  Get Your Mammograms!!!  Do you know how close I came to putting off this appointment because I was feeling super busy and I could get it done later...later...NO!  IF you do this, you're playing with fire!  Just GO!  If it's been a while since you've gotten one, Make an Appointment today!  Well, Monday!  Just Do It!  The new machines are a breeze to use, and they don't do all that squeezing anymore...a little, yes but, not even close to what they used to do!
I'll let you know what the surgeon says...but for now, On With The Show.




This is why we do all those test...it's really not for us...it's for them...



Sloane at her Jujitsu awards ceremony.



I made this rag quilt at the request of my daughter Crystal, for a co-worker that found out she also has breast cancer...but further along than mine.  I put Psalm verses into the patches for her to read while she does chemo...say a prayer for her if you would...her name is April.


I did this one for daughter Crystal and...


this one for granddaughter, Sam...


I also finished the above quilt for my granddaughter, Sami...but I made those Rag Quilts all in about a week and a half!  She wanted one of those, as well.  Nervous energy I suppose.







Pork ribs and chicken thighs with sweet potatoes for lunch...so good!


Roast and potatoes...


Fish sandwich for lunch...


French toast at home...always so good.


What is UP with portions these days, of cereal?  They have shrunk Chex Cereal down to a dime!!


Well guys, I guess that's it for me today...gotta get ready for church.
Hope you all are well, happy and safe in this idiotic world... Love and be kind to those around you.  See you next time...
hugs
Donna

 

36 comments:

Sooze said...

So glad for you that it's been caught early, that must be a relief. I hope you continue to have good news and feel well. Your rag quilts are just beautiful, I particularly like the blue one.

Red Rose Alley said...

Donna, I'm so sorry for your recent health news. I hope all goes well with that. And I whispered a prayer for April. What a special quilt you made for her with the Psalm verses. Speaking of quilts, I want that blue one! haha It's the prettiest thing. yaaay, for Sloane at her Jujitsu ceremony. So glad for Peter Falk that he had his loved one there when he passed. And no one's doubts can take away from the love and care he received in the end. I like the dog shelter story too. Oh, that roast and potatoes! And French Toast! Take care, Donna, and have a beautiful August week. Sending you a hug and some love today.

maureenlthompson said...

So glad they caught it early and the surgery is scheduled. Those quilts are absolutely amazing. Well done. XXXXX

Shug said...

So very thankful that you had your mammogram and that you had such a great technician. Praying for you Donna as you continue to see the doctors to know what the plan is. Such beautiful quilts. You are so very talented...

The Happy Whisk said...

So very happy that they found in early and love your calmness. And you're right, we gotta check checked early for sure. Very funny with the girl in the fridge chilling. What a hoot.

MELODY JACOB said...

Oh Donna. My heart stopped for a second reading that first part, but reading through the rest of it... you are just something else. The way you stay so grounded and even ended up comforting the doctor and technician just speaks volumes about who you are.

Thank God you didn't put that mammogram off. You’re preaching to the choir, but it’s a message people need to hear. I am so glad they caught that tiny baby pea early, but I know even "small" shakes your world. I'll be keeping you right in my prayers, and I’m sending a special prayer up for April, too. Making those rag quilts with the Psalm verses stitched in for her is just the most beautiful, tender thing. You channeled all that nervous energy into pure love, and it shows. Of course, only you could handle a day like that and then give us a tour of Sloane's Jujitsu awards, a mountain of delicious food, and a hilarious rant about shrinking Chex cereal. Never change. September 15th is marked in my mind. I'm holding you close and sending you the biggest hug. Have a wonderful time at church today, friend.

Mari said...

I'm so thankful you went in for the mammogram and got it early. Praying for successful removal!
Look at Sloane! She's growing fast.
Your rag quilts are just gorgeous. I know that April will treasure hers and feel the prayers that go with it.

Linda said...

Keeping in prayer...have a beautiful Sunday.

photowannabe said...

You are definitely on my prayer list. I'm so thankful you didn't cancel your appointment and that "thing" was found and you are scheduled for surgery. God knows all about you and is holding you right in the palm of His hand.
Absolutely love your quilts, the Rag ones are beautiful and unique. There is such a ministry in the creative work you do.
What's with the tiny cereal, for goodness sake?
(((hugs)))
Sue

Ann said...

So glad you got that mammogram. Sending prayers for you.
Love those rag quilts. The food all looks delicious too

Bill said...

Your test result is why a mammogram is so very important. The quilts are absolutely beautiful. Have a nice week and good luck consulting with you doctor.

Chatty Crone said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you. I had breast cancer in 2014.

Prims By The Water said...

Glad it was caught early. Love the meme's. Your quilts are gorgeous. Janice

Anvilcloud said...

I guess that is both bad news and good news in a way.

Of all the food pics what grabbed me most was a thing you didn’t even mention — onion rings! What is wrong with you? 🙀

Margaret D said...

Wishing you the very best and good result. Thank goodness you went.
Love your rag quilts and your food is looking good too.
Take care.

Acorn Hollow said...

I hope all goes well I have mine scheduled in a few weeks. And they still squeeze quite a bit.
Great quilts and food.
Cathy

Debbie Nolan said...

Donna - so grateful that you had your Mammogram and that it is small. Will be praying that you are able to continue to be well and calm. The quilt for April is beautiful - whispering a prayer for her. Take care Donna and know that you will be faithfully kept in my prayers. Hugs!

DeniseinVA said...

You are a good role model for us all Donna. Glad you got in when you did. Many prayers heading your way and also sent for Crystal's friend. Sweet photos of the little ones. Always love to see your quilts and the food, very yummy. The story about the Falks was very interesting, powerful, as was the one of the young lady rescuing her dog and smiled at the fridge one. Take good care of yourself and sending many hugs, Denise

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness! So thankful you went in for the mammogram, as you say never put it off! Keeping you in my prayers and hoping the appointment on 15th September goes well.

Lovely photographs on your post, which I enjoyed seeing.
God bless.

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Donna. But thrilled it's small and your medical team is staying on top of this. Huge hugs,

Granny Marigold said...

Those quilts are so lovely!! How kind of you to make the special one for your daughter's friend who also has breast cancer.
You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers as you wait for Sept 15th appointment.

Jeanette said...

I'll be praying for a good outcome in September. Thank God you caught it so early! Yes, mammograms save lives! Love the beautiful quilts! XO

Lin said...

Oh, Donna, I am so very sorry that you are going through this. Prayers that they got it all and you can be done with the stress and the worry soon enough. ((Hugs)) The quilts are lovely, btw. It's so dang hot that all I do is make quilts!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you had that mammogram and that the lump was removed...that was quick. When my husband had breast cancer he had to have chemo before the surgery. I hope your results are good! We still have the antique boob squishers up here:(

MELODY JACOB said...

Sending so many prayers for April today, holding you tightly in my thoughts after reading this surprise update. Catching that little six-millimeter spot early is a huge blessing, staying so calm through the biopsy shows incredible grace. Those custom rag quilts look breathtaking, pouring nervous energy into such comforting stitches is pure magic. Have a wonderful time at church, enjoy every bite of those tasty weekend lunches!

Polyester Princess said...

Oh my, Donna, what a scary surprise! I'm so pleased they caught it so soon, and kudos to you for keeping calm and collected. I'm wishing you well for your appointment with the surgeon and will keep you in my thoughts that day! xxx

GrammaGrits said...

Praying for you in Idaho!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Oh Donna what a shock. I'm so glad things have been found early and that you have a great medical team to look after you. I'm praying that everything will work out and that you will continue to know God's peace. Praying for April too.
Well done to Sloane with her Jujitsu award.
I love all your rag rugs, they are all so pretty.
Take care Donna and know that you are in my thoughts xx

Billie Jo said...

Hello, my friend. I am so thankful your lump was found early, thanks to you going for your appointment! I will hold you in prayer as you wait for your surgery, for continued peace and complete and quick recovery. Hugs!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I am so thankful you commented today and that I came here to see what you have been up to and that you are so positive and that it is early catch and that you had an angel help you get all this done right away. that is NOT common at all. Prayers for you and your beautiful family and hugs and love from Beau and his mama. love the upbeat and beautiful post, especially the FOOD...

Neuer Gartentraum said...

Ich kann dich gut verstehen. Bei so einem Verdacht hat man viele Gedanken, die nicht immer gut sind. Ich gehe regelmäßig zur Mammografie. Die Untersuchung geht schnell und das Ergebnis war bisher ohne Befund. Da ich Metastasen und einen Tumor im Hals habe, ist die Manogrfie besonders wichtig. Es ist gut, dass es die Vorsorge gibt.
Deine Decken sind super schön. Patchworkdecken sind hier schwer zu bekommen. Nur wenige Frauen nähen sie selbst.

Sandra Cox said...

That is so kind of you to make the quilt for Crystal's co-worker. It will mean so much to her. YOU, take care of yourself. Hugs,

Jennyff said...

You are being so brave and positive, I am sure that will help you physically and mentally. Well done for getting checked, sending good wishes x

diane b said...

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. So glad it is small and caught early. Good luck with your treatment. Love your quilts and food photos.

Pattie Tierney said...

Your diagnosis is unfortunate, and I know it can be scary. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999 and I’m still here, and that’s after two additional cancers. Prayers are with you. Keep us posted.

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I'm a year late getting mine. Last year I had the loop recorder put in my chest and they told me to wait at least 6 mos. Well I waited almost a year so your post will have me scheduling one this week. Not looking forward to it because of the recorder embedded in my chest. Ugh!