Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rain and Prayers for Our Blogger Buddy...

 This  was another photo from the shoot I did a few weeks back of my girlfriend's (Cindy-far right) family (4 generation).  Sweet people.

And THIS is the blessed rain shower we got last night!  Boy!  Did it roar...and it rained like this for at least ten minutes.  Wonderful!  We really needed it.
So, I Know you're wondering if anything fantastic has been going on with me...besides my NOT blogging...Hahaa....and the answer is a resounding, no!  We do have a little trip planned, just to get away for a bit, but we'll see if it pans out...
Also, please be praying for Donna's husband, Jim (Cottage Days).  He's undergoing surgery today for cancer, so be sending out those prayers!  It'll be a 4 to 6 hour surgery!  Bless their hearts...
Have a safe a sweet day everyone!

11 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Rain! No fair!! We need rain too! :) Awesome family photo there and I will be thinking and praying for your blogger friend's husband. Sending special thoughts right now.

Ann said...

that's a really nice family shot.
Gotta love a good rain storm.
I was at Donna's blog a little bit ago and read about Jim going for surgery. Sending lots of prayers

Lin said...

I hope the surgery goes well. Tough road ahead, I'm sure. :(

We need rain too. Can you please send us some?

Jo said...

Aw, we need rain too! What a great family portrait. I am praying for Donna's hubby as we speak. (Hugs) Jo

Anvilcloud said...

I like the generations photo. Good luck to blogger friend.

Sally said...

Such a great photo, Donna. I love seeing the four generations. I keep saying we need to do that; we had one many years ago when Britt was little.

I read on Donna's blog that Jim made it through the six hour surgery and of course recovery then intensive care. Praying for both of them. I know she has to be so exhausted.

So glad you got rain!!!

xoxo

Out on the prairie said...

Placed him on a prayer line minutes ago.

We had 2 inches last night and I didn't hear it

Donna said...

Thank you so much, sweetie, for mentioning. He's coherent today and the doc briefed him on the results this morning. I knew yesterday, but didn't try to hold a conversation with Jim. More extensive than expected. We've got a marathon ahead of us!

Dawn said...

Love...love the photo !! When are you coming to Missouri to do one for us ?! :) I have sent up so many prayers for your friend's husband tonight. I hopped over to the blog and just read. So sad. They do have a huge battle to fight. But, God is Good !! :)

*HUGS* xoxo

PS ~ Send rain. We are sooo dry !!

Jenny said...

Donna that picture is gorgeous. What a fine family. I wish I could hear the sound of rain again. We had such a lovely rainy summer and now it's been dry for what seems like ages. I hope you get to take your trip.

Nita Jo said...

I hadn't blogged for over two months, and just started checking back in yesterday. Was relieved to read Jim is doing as well as he is! Praying for them! I hope all is well with you too. I've missed everyone here in blogland! Sending you Hugs!