Don't hate me!!! Couldn't help myself. This is a recipe I found on Pinterest and suddenly, on Saturday, I felt the urge to make it. Larry helped gathering ingredients and in the mixer bowl they went. It's touted as the Worlds Best Chocolate Chip bars but I just don't think so...definitely, a brownie and definitely good! Keep checking how dark it's getting on top...you don't want it too browned. It will dry out on you. The original time instructions said bake for 20 minutes but in my glass 9X13 pan, it was too moist so I baked it ten more minutes. You'll need to play with it yourselves.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Aunt Sherol's famous Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or more if desired)
- Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla together. Add in eggs.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking soda until combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Spread on greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
- After it's cooled, slice into bars.
Will be working on the old blog over the next few days...you know how you feel when the blog feels "tired". No telling what I'll come up with but perhaps Spring will figure into it...sigh.
Headed your way so have a wonderful day or night and those of you that are fighting your way through all that snow, Be Safe and Stay Warm!