Monday, June 10, 2019

Blooming and Baking…








Morning...It's been another slow (thankfully) few weeks.  Larry and I are doing LoCarb and I found this recipe for muffins in the George Stella book.  They are delicious!!  If you're looking for a different taste and texture (if you're doing locarb...and even if you're not)  then try this recipe.   I used the big tray paper cups for our breakfast muffins and the smaller tray for our snack muffins.  You can also experiment and add whatever you like.  I added dried apricots..(my favorite) cherries and pecans.
We also had a cheat dessert...apple fritter and glazed roll.  We really look forward to cheat dessert day!
Then...onward to the dentist for our annual cleanings, etc...fun stuff.  I really need to get our doctor visits all together in the same month!  That way, we can knock them all out at the same time!
Well, I know you're leading a much more exciting life than we are...I just know it...Hahaa.  I did get a pot planted...Guess that's a no brainer for Springtime though...Y'all enjoy your week!

11 comments:

Lin said...

I love those slow weeks when nothing major happens. Well...maybe some desserts....that's always good. Boring is good!

Sally said...

I came home today. It's quiet so far. Just waiting for an axe to fall. Hoping not.

I want that apple fritter, please. :)

xoxo

Sandra Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Cox said...

Oh my gosh. Your flower and foodie pics make me drool.
You had me till the dentist. Ha.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I count my carbs at every meal, Donna, and have done so for the past 20 years! How can it be that long??? The muffins sound great, and I’d love to try them. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us.

Jenny said...

Low-Carb is the only way to go! You feel great and lose weight, your numbers are great. Hey! That rhymes! And yes, you can have a treat now and then. Your dessert cheat day looks glorious! I had a Belgian waffle for lunch yesterday and WOWWWW was it ever good. Awesome way to live. Almost summer! Yayyy! xoxo

Ann said...

I'm drooling on my keyboard here. I can't decide what looks the best and would love to sample everything.

Michelle said...

I loved that first photo/flower and then all of that food looks so good!

Lee said...

Great photos, Donna. I'm going to send the recipe onto a friend of mine who is on a low-cal diet.

I visited the dentist yesterday....and will do so again next week and the two weeks following!! We'll be best of mates at the end of it all!!! L(

Jeanette said...

That is some good looking food! I'm doing low carb too but it's more to get my blood sugar back under control. After my last doctor appointment my A1c was up and she wanted to put me on another medication. I didn't want to so she gave me 3 months to get it down with diet and exercise! It's working because my sugar has been good but I haven't more than a pound since the end of April!

Sally said...

Ahem - excuse me - are you going to post anytime soon?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

xoxo