Saturday, March 26, 2022

You Never Know Until You Try...

Truer words never spoken...
You never know what you're capable of, if you never try. 
If you'll remember, in my last post, I said I was going to try to make the little sock cupcakes... Well, I tried...and think I did a reasonable job of it. Check out my last post to see what I'm referring to... 






After I had accomplished the feat, I packaged up the cute clothes and handed them all to my granddaughter, Samantha.  I also dug around until I found the baby clothes, I had saved from years ago, that belonged to her and her Mom, my daughter, Crystal.


Granddaughter and Mommy-to-Be, Samantha 


My daughter, Crystal...Grandmother-to-Be


                                      

                                    

                        Samantha's christening dress 1998



Crystal's clothes 1973


Then I baked some Triple Chocolate Brownies... Very moist...heavy but very good.




Oh!  I'm reminded...You know those serving dishes, like this one, that don't come with a cover?  You usually place cookies or a pie or a small cake on them?  Well, I didn't want to put the brownies away in a snap lid container so I grabbed a bowl and turned it upside down...covering the brownies!  This is a bowl from a Tupperware set...It fit perfectly!  You're welcome!! 👀🙇

So...That's about it for me, these last several days.  Haven't felt as spunky as I usually do.  I have a friend I'm terribly worried about...We stay in contact but I haven't heard from them in almost a week.  All I can do about it, is wait...and pray.


did manage to get out my paints to help out my hubby with a project he's working on.  Hope to get it completed soon.
In the meantime, hope you all have a sweet weekend.  Until next time... be happy.


10 comments:

Jeanette said...

How awesome that you saved all those clothes! I still have my kid's christening outfits and one pair of Shauna's shoes but that's about it! I think those cupcakes onesies are adorable! I have used a tupperware bowl like that before to transport a cake to work! It worked really good! Have a great weekend my dear friend! I hope your friend is ok.

Bill said...

Saving all those clothes created a special bond between your daughter, grand daughter and you. It gets stronger with the next generation on its way. those brownies look divine.
Have a great weekend!

Ann said...

What a special treasure those clothes are. Love your sock cupcakes too. Those are really cute.

Mari said...

I think your cupcakes turned out so cute! The clothes you saved are so sweet, and it will be great to see them on the new baby!

NanaDiana said...

Donna- first off, I am sorry about your friend and hope all is well there.
Those socks are darling. I used to make diaper 'cakes' and those sock were the decorations on top of the cake -surrounding a baby bottle as the 'candle'. It is wonderful that you have those special clothes to pass forward. xo Diana

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Those cupcakes turned out sooooo cute, Donna!! How nice that you have those darling clothes. I sure hope that your friends are okay and that you e heard from them.
Your carrot cake in your previous list looks amazing!! I’d be eating all that frosting that your hubby scraped off.

Maria Rodrigues said...

A very true sentence, without trying we don't know what we are capable of doing.
Beautiful and delicate clothes. I also kept some of my daughter's clothes, which she later dressed for my granddaughter.
The cake looks super delicious.
I really enjoyed your blog, I will come visit more often.
Hugs

Sandra Cox said...

Those little cupcake socks are soooo cute.
Don't you love having clothes to pass down to the next generation?
Hope your friend is doing better and that you are your spunky self again.
ALSO, thanks for stopping by Sherry's. I appreciated it:)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my, I've got a secret stash of baby outfits too ... really only one for each child, but a few other things are in there as well, that bring a tear to my eye. How precious. Audrey has SO many outfits of Dagny's that she cannot give up. She says it is unthinkable. To hold those tiny garments and remember your baby wearing them is almost too poignant! Ugh. I'd have to eat six brownies after that. Haahahaa xoxo

Sally said...

I'm catching up here. So many things; NO I haven't posted anything since I think last October. I love that you saved those baby clothes especially the christening dress. That baby Sloane is going to be such a huge blessing to you all. And, she'll be beautiful; I mean just look at the mom and dad. :)

Keep posting and maybe someday I'll get back to it. Too many things clouding my mind right now.

Love you!