Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Slow Going...

 I really haven't been up too much since the Big Reveal...some baking I suppose.  Gas prices are going out of sight, so we don't go many places, maybe Lowes or the grocery store.  I've started picking up small items for Baby Sloane.  Creams, powder, nighties, etc.  I haven't priced disposable diapers in... let's see...21 or 22 years?!  And the price is unbelievable!  I'll be looking for some cloth diapers and pins...just like I had to use in "the old days"...lol.  Samantha might be glad she has them if she runs out of the disposable ones.


Isn't this cute?  I'll be trying it out soon.  Looks just like a cupcake!  Adorable...


I made a Carrot Cake... Larry's fussy about cream cheese frosting but I added it to my cake anyway.  What's a Carrot Cake without cream cheese frosting?  He ended up loving it...after he scraped some of it off...lolol



                   Larry didn't want to be outdone in the kitchen, so he grilled pork ribs and made baby limas.
                  First time he'd ever added green                      beans to them... It won't be happening again... not good.  All you could taste were the green beans and not the limas.
Storms blew through last night...did a lot of damage here in Texas but God was good to our families.  No damage...
Well, I suppose I'll end things here...it's just been a slow week, or so...Coming by to check on you.
Be safe out there!


13 comments:

Lin said...

Oooh, that carrot cake! It makes me want to make a gluten free version for me and my daughter. I'm not typically a "cake" gal, but dang, that looks amazing!

I was just talking to a young mom about cloth diapers and she just laughed. With today's washers, they just don't clean like the old days. And I am not sure that the young people are willing to deal with the process of using cloth. Who knows? Keep us posted on that. I'm interested to see if she uses them.

Sandra Cox said...

Early vegetarians...hehe.
That little cupcake is so sweet.
The carrot cake...divine.
Did you ever think of opening a bakery?

Mari said...

That cupcake is adorable!
Your cake is beautiful. You could be running a bakery. :)
Larry did good. But I'll take just the green beans and you can have the Lima beans!
Hahaha on that cartoon.

Ann said...

Dang that carrot cake looks delicious. The ribs look pretty good too and as for those baby limas, if all you can taste is the green beans then that's probably the only way I would be able to eat them. I can't stand lima beans.

NanaDiana said...

That 'cupcake' is adorable and I saved it to show my grandgirls.
Carrot cake is NOT carrot cake without cream cheese frosting!
Love the cartoon.
I hope you have a wonderful night- xo Diana

Nita Jo said...

Oh, I miss carrot cake so much, and yours looks amazing! I'm allergic to three favorite things, carrots, sesame seeds, and rye! I showed my husband the photo of your cake and I swear he got a little tear in his eye, well maybe just a little misty. Lol! It's his favorite kind of cake. I still bake one occasionally just for him. Have fun stocking up on the grandbaby things!
Hugs!

Norma2 said...

Donna, I come to say hello from Margaret's blog and I see a nice and rich, surely, carrot cake. You are right, the cake must have the cover that you have made.

Sandra Cox said...

Those beans look good too.

Margaret D said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and visiting.
Just think your carrot cake is suburb and I bet it tasted the best.

Jeanette said...

Those little cupcake onsies are adorable and what a cute idea! I'll have to remember it if I ever go to a baby shower again! That carrott cake looks delicious! Your killing me with your food posts here and on FB!

Bill said...

Carrot cake looks so delicious. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have a great weekend.

Tabor said...

The Bee cake in the post below is amazing. I used to decorate cakes so long ago.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I will take a piece of that carrot cake and all the cream cheese frosting Larry didn't want! Wow that looks good and the pork ribs don't look too shabby either! I'm with you: no green beans in my baby limas. The sock cupcakes are darling. I think you're so awesome for always trying new things. xoxo