Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Paris-Brest pastry...Butter cream Flowers and...

Paris-Brest

This pastry took me out of my comfort zone.  It's almost like a creme' puff but yet, you know it's not.  Delicious but from now on, I think I'll let the bakery create one for me!  A bit too much work involved.





Then there's the buttercream flowers I made for a small cake which...I decided I didn't like the crumb of the cake well enough to bother decorating it with my not so wonderful flowers...I'm still learning as you can see from the chunky ones to the thinner more flower-like petals.  Trust me, it ain't easy!


Then there was the No-Carb fried chicken...now it was good!  Just use fried pork rinds whizzed up in the food processor, for best results.
Marinade the chicken pieces in buttermilk for at least an hour...


OH!!  Just letting you know...IF you own any Magna Lite or other brand of aluminum cookware, if it's horrible looking, thick with burned on grease, just take the handle off... pop it into your self cleaning oven...do a medium clean...after about five hours your pan will be CLEAN!!!  See mine with the frying chicken?  It was HORRIBLE!  I figured if it'll clean cookie sheet pans (not those fancy flat "air bake" ones...only because I haven't tried cleaning those yet...).  I just experimented on my fry pan and found out it worked!
You do You!  This is just what I did...I was so disgusted with it I almost threw out my 50 year old Magna Lite pan!! (Southern women everywhere are hanging their heads in shame about now!)


Then roll in flour mixed with several tablespoons of cornstarch and seasonings...dip in buttermilk marinade...then in the flour...then in lard or vegetable oil.




And lastly, Hot Chocolate cookies.  Pretty good but not sweet enough..."something enough".
Once I decide the recipe isn't absolutely wonderful, in the trash it goes.



Well, that's it for me...Hope you all are keeping safe, able to afford these ridiculous gas and food...utility prices!!!  I am counting the days until November!  Voter card at the ready!!
We are also waiting for our granddaughter to have her baby this month...Hopefully on the 9th...my birthday.  The Ultrasound tech says the 9th...the doctor says the 15th.
Enjoy your week and I'll be checking on you soon.

 

14 comments:

Ann said...

I may have gained 10 pounds just reading your post.
I think your flowers are wonderful.

Mari said...

Oooh - everything looks so good!
I've never even thought to put anything in the self cleaning oven, You are so smart!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Margaret D said...

The food looks ever so delicious.

Red Rose Alley said...

I can see why making that pastry is out of your comfort zone. It looks like a work of art....and so Yummy. You know, I have that same china pattern that your pastry is on, only mine is a candy dish. I love it, and it's one of the things I can't every part with. You did a nice job on the buttercream flowers. And that chicken! Some people don't like pork rinds, but I enjoy them now and then. I like the broccoli quote, and broccoli is a constant food in this family. It's such a healthy vegetable. You will be a grandma soon - how wonderful!

Happy August!

~Sheri

Jeanette said...

Yes, some things are better left to the bakery! Those buttercream flowers look delicious if not perfect! The fried chicken looks good too! I'm so excited for your little great grandbaby to be here too! XO

Maria Rodrigues said...

Everything looks super delicious.
Happy Sunday full of joys and harmony

Sandra Cox said...

OMG that pastry looks to-die for.
If I lived near you, I'd gain 20 pounds:)
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

Your food looks delicious.

All the best Jan

Sally said...

Everything you cook always looks so good. You're a master in the kitchen!

Sloane will be born on the 13th. Watch and see. :)

xoxo

Sandra Cox said...

I think you're flowers look wonderful.
Hope you're having a great one.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Great tip on using your self cleaning oven to clean up your magna lite pan. Your chicken looks so good and so does your pastry. I’ve made plenty of cream puffs in my day, but not a large one like that.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I just think you have so much courage to even attempt those flowers! I could never do that! And now I can't wait to hear that Baby Sloane has been safely delivered! xoxo

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh, my all your food looks so delicious. I can almost taste the mouth-watering food.