I'm really getting bad about posting these days!! I get so caught up in getting quilt tops finished...and most every other thing gets pushed aside!! Bad Donna!
In my defense...lol...I have been to the Chiropractor three times this month! Neck and back... felt like someone was turning a knife into my neck and right shoulder! Dang...that hurt! Doc finally got the bones to move...now if I can just not lift...do heavy chores...pick up granbabies...lol...I should heal okay.
Samantha picked up the girls the other day and Sloane thinks she needs to scream her love at us because we are old and can't hear...Lolol...Lordy.
We went to Cheddars after church for lunch this past Sunday...We ordered Country Fried Steak...don't...just don't...As you can see in the below photos, that's the "steak" we were given, covered in a thick and crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, country fried steak. I tried to eat it...seriously I did...but, it just wasn't edible! We were shocked because Cheddars has always been so good!
The mystery "meat" was no thicker than about 1/4"!!
I contacted Cheddars Corporate to ask what was going on with their Waco Tx. store. They are investigating and will get back to me...sigh...when they do, I'll update. And yes, I am being Very nice about it...
UPDATE:
They, just now, emailed me a gift card for $50 bucks.
I replied:
"Thank you for the gift card but I wasn't asking for our money back...I wanted you to care enough to investigate and find out why it happened in the first place...Please let me know what you discover.
Yours Truly..."
I know I probably won't hear back...and that's okay to...
We like the chicken thighs done in the air fryer...
I cut up more bananas for our smoothies...
And I need to brag here, a bit! Greatgran Sloane competed in and WON 1st in BOTH her competitions in Jui Jit Su...
And apparently, Samantha (L in blue) won in her division, as well...I just don't have the photo for it...It was held 4 hrs. south of us in Brownwood, Texas, this past Saturday.
I swear they are twins...lolol
Sloane and Lottie's birthdays are in June and August. This year, Sam and Everette planned a cookout and party for them both. They enjoyed a joint cake...lol, It was pretty!
Guess who entered and WON a give-a-way at our new quilting shop?!
Had to be over $600 dollars' worth of items in that black (not blue) tote!!! I am over the moon!
And lastly...my next quilt for Samantha...just a traditional one in browns and creams.
Well friends...I'm off to take the quilt I made for SIL Tim, to the longarmer. He was a bull rider years ago...won some decent money.
Hope you all have a Blessed and safe week!!
hugs,
Donna

29 comments:
Oh my goodness, your quilts are beyond gorgeous. I really LUV the bull rider theme. He will love it.
Hope your back and neck heal and you are no longer in pain.
Wow, that's quite a winning haul you got. You will definitely use it all. Congratulations.
Sue
I just have to add I cannot believe baby Sloane is such a big girl now and in Ju Jit Su! They both are beautiful!
Look at Sloane! She is growing so fast. Congrats to her.
Your quilts are gorgeous and hooray for you winning the giveaway.
Your chicken looks much better than that Cheddars steak.
Way to go Sloane and Samantha for winning. And congrats on you winning that awesome basket full of goodies. I hope corporate offices investigate the issue you took to them. I mean it was nice to send you the gift card but that doesn't solve the problem.
Congratulations on your wins both with the quilt and the meal complaint. Hopefully you'll get more info out of them. Wow Sloan is a champion Marshall Arts competitor. That is so great for a young girl.
You did well to win those prizes, well done.
The cake is very sweetly decorated and your food looks good.
I have an air fryer but we don't used it a lot, always prefer the oven..lol
Congratulations to Sloane. Winning first place in both Jiu-Jitsu competitions is such an amazing achievement, and it must have been so exciting for everyone watching. I also had to smile at your description of her "screaming her love" because grandchildren really do have a way of filling a house with energy. I'm glad your neck is starting to improve too, though I know how hard it is to avoid lifting when there are quilts to make and little ones who always want a cuddle. I also hope Cheddar's gets to the bottom of what happened because country fried steak is supposed to be one of those comforting meals you can count on. On a happier note, what a fantastic win at the quilting shop. A prize like that would keep any quilter smiling for a long time, and I can't wait to see Samantha's finished quilt.
Greedy stingy corporations, putting out chicken fried breading. They are giving CEO's millions of dollars while gypping customers, forcing employees into part time gig work without benefits and replacing natives with AI and visa holders. "Corporate dictatorship" funds crooked career politicians who won't regulate. Vote the scoundrels out come November, regardless of party.
Your quilts are stunning. Lots of hard work went in to creating them and I'm sure they will be loved. Congrats to Sloane for winning 1st place in her competition. Have a wonderful week.
Oh my, that country fried steak doesn't look good at all. It's good that they refunded you. Your air fryer chicken, however, looks delicious.. Good for Samantha and Sloane to have won in their Jui Jit Su competition. Love the "twins" photo. Little Charlotte does everything Francesca does too. I guess it comes with the big sister territory. That cake is so delightful, love that. Your quilt is perfect for your son-in-law - the colors, the theme, and handmade by You! Oh, and the video of Sloane screaming her love is a treasure. So cute.
I love your quilts Donna, beautiful! Enjoy seeing your family, hearing little Sloane out the car window, such a hoot. Sloane winning first place in Jiu-Jitsu, her mom too, impressive. Seeing the sisters sit together, adorable! Cute saying about the bird feeder. I was just saying something like that to my hubby only yesterday. Can I borrow that? Good for you getting in touch with corporate for that lousy food but your air-fryer chicken looked great. Congrats on winning the giveaway. Wishing you all a happy August coming up.
Also hope all your pains go away real soon.
Those quilts are so lovely!! You've been busy ( in spite of aches and pains).
Lucky you winning that give-away!!! Too bad about your disappointing meal at Cheddars. Hopefully they get back to you with more information. Nice of them to give you a gift card though.
I hope you don't mind if I "steal" that Monkey cartoon. That is so apt for the times we're in,
I hope you can keep feeling okay. It's hard not to overdo when there's lots you want to do! Have a happy August💖.
Congratulations to Samantha and Sloane! Good job! And good for you, complaining to Cheddar's corporate. They need to hear it. The quilts are beautiful as always! xoxo 🏴☠️
Hello! So much to enjoy here! Congratulations to all here, especially you on winning the basket! Wow!Good for you! And I don't know what was up with that meal, but I would have done the same. I hope you hear back. Beautiful, beautiful quilts, my friend. Have a cozy afternoon.
This post is full that little one will be able to protect herself for sure! Good for you for holding the restaurant to standards. I am tired of crappy food and big prices.
Wow what a win at the quilt store!
Your quilts are amazing.
Cathy
Congratulations to Sloan. Beautiful quilts. Glad you stood up to the restaurant. Hope you'll have a great day.
It's nice to see the grands do well and making progress in life. The quilts look great.
Lovely quilts! What a pretty birthday cake and wow you hit the jackpot at the sewing shop!
That photo of Christopher Walken had me laughing out loud. Old age seems like "Fright Night" day in and day out.
Many congrats on Sloane and Samantha's wins. And yours. You made a haul. Take special care. Hugs,
Congratulations! Look at all that loot!!!!Congratulations also to Sam and Sloane on their wins!
Way to go Sloan! love the quilt. I can plainly see why you have no time for blogging, just from all that you wrote here. Wow, you lead a busy life. Have fun and enjoy it, time is on fast forward and get as much joy from family as you can
I do hope your neck and shoulder is improving for you after seeing the chiropractor. It is hard when you are told to rest up but life gets in the way, with all the things we need to do every day.
Congratulations to Sloane. Little champion 😊. Also well done to Sam too.
More congrats to you for winning that fabulous prize at the quilting shop.
Have a great week.
I'm not sure if you're checking here or not but I thought I'd let you know that Dori has a very short post BUT at least it's a post.
I know you were concerned about her, as I also was.
I hope you're not posting because you're having such an awesome summer and not because you're not well.
Goodness! You did well to win those prizes, fantastic, well done!
I do hope your neck and shoulder continue to improve ... do take care.
The video had me smiling and well done to both Sam and Sloane on their wins.
All the best Jan
I feel like when they opened, they used to be a good place to eat. Then, I dunno. Just crap. Hope they look into it. Sorry about the no lifting. Though no chores could be fun.
Donna your quilts are such a work of art...and by all means celebrate over your winning of all those quilt supplies. Glad too that they at least reimbursed you for your meal. Perhaps if more people speak up...things may improve...I am certain they will not want to keep reimbursing folks. Have a great day. Hugs!
You and the family are on a winning streak, you certainly deserved those quilting items given the beautiful pieces you make. x
Post a Comment