Monday, September 28, 2026

54 Years...and Worms.

 

Good morning, Friends... Well, it's been 54 years for me and Larry this past September 26th.  I think we blinked and it turned into 2026!!  I miss 1972...I really do.  It was a fun time in our lives...Hoping we have many more beautiful sunsets to experience together.


And in honor of those 54 years...Larry took us to a place called, Uncle Worm's... say what?
Yep...there's an actual place called Uncle Worm's.  But I have to say the food is delicious!  We went after church and had the place to ourselves, for a little bit anyway.  


Larry taking in all the sights of the place...lol


He ordered Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes and red beans.


I ordered, of course, Catfish, fries and mac & cheese...oh Wow!  I had to ask for a carry-out box!  It's a great place when you can actually taste the fish and not the crust!  It also was wonderful!


This little guy, sadly, welcomed us...I guess he's stuffed?  Fake?  Wooden?  No clue...but I'm sure he was up early enough to catch the worm!








Here's all the babies on vacation in Aransas Pass, Texas.  They all had a blast.  Sloane is holding the skirt of her cousin's dress, who is behind her, the wind was blowing pretty hard...and Lottie is facing the water.  All cousins.




I finally finished my Christmas Tablecloth!  I got it done early...Christmas will be here before you know it!


Got the binding finished and placed my label... I really like how it turned out.  I wanted a 1950's look...something close to what I remembered as a child.  This was it...It makes me think of Mom and Daddy...I miss them...sigh




This, actually, is a good idea!




I made eggs in a basket one morning...


This was Popeye's Chicken sandwich!  It was really good!  We hadn't eaten there in probably 10 years?  Been a long while...



Then we had some China Star buffet...always good.



Well, that's enough from me this morning.  They have told me my lumpectomy surgery will be the 7th of October.  I probably won't blog much for a while...not sure.  I've got 50 dozen appointments in October...not really, but enough to keep me pretty busy.  Please send a little prayer my way...especially for my surgeon.  Thanks for the visit and I'll see you at the bottom of the hill...
hugs.
Donna

28 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Happy wonderful anniversary and many many more. What a great idea for junk mail Will start doing this myself now. We call egg in a basket a see an eye egg up here. Make it all of the time. Love your quilt. Janice

Mari said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like Uncle Worms was a good place to go!
The pic of all the cousins at the shore is precious.
Praying all goes well with the lumpectomy.

Sooze said...

54 years - wow! Well done! I'm in awe of your wonderful quilts and table covers, they are just beautiful, such talent. Sending all good wishes for your lumpectomy and recovery, Donna x

Bill said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. The table cover is so nice, excellent work, you did well. Good luck with your surgery, sending good thoughts and prayers.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I thought you had your surgery already Donna. I just whispered a prayer for you. I love that picture of all the cousins dressed in white. Such a treasured photo. It's always nice when we find a new restaurant that we like and can come back. The Christmas tablecloth is beautiful Donna. You did a great job on that. It will look nice on your table this holiday. I smiled at the egg in a basket because that is something I still make and my mom did too. : ) And I love Popeye's chicken, and also their red beans and rice. Haven't had it in a while. Happy Anniversary to you and Larry. Well, take care of yourself, Donna, and I hope all goes well with your surgery in October.

photowannabe said...

Of course I'll keep you in prayer !!! For Surgeons, recovery and healing!
Love, love, love your Christmas tablecloth. Its so vibrant and really celebrates the season.
Happy anniversary !! and many more to come. !!!
Love the family photo of the cousins all in white. Terrific ...
Sue

Jeanette said...

Happy Anniversary! We'll be celebrating 50 in March! Love the photo with the cousins! That tablecloth is stunning. Don't remind me how close Christmas is! You are in my prayers that all goes well with your surgery!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many Happy Anniversary Wishes.
That's a great photograph of the cousins.
Your Christmas Tablecloth looks lovely.
You are in my prayers (so too the surgeon), may the surgery go well.

All the best Jan

Anvilcloud said...

Christmas is coming, so is Thanksgiving, and ours is in two weeks, believe it or not.

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Anniversary!! You both are looking good.
I love the picture of the cousins all together. What a sweet bunch.

Chatty Crone said...

I wish I had a better memory. I loved it all. The quilted tablecloth. All your food. The grandkids. Happy anniversary. Prayers for your doctor and lumpectomy. Please take care of yourself.

Ann said...

Happy Anniversary. The name of that restaurant cracks me up. The food sure does look good though. Looks like the kids were all enjoying the beach even if it was a bit windy

Margaret D said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary. You both have done well to be together for that length of time.
The children do look sweet on the beach there, lovely photo of them, so natural.
Saying prayers for you for your surgery and not many days left now. Good luck.
That Christmas tablecloth is just beautiful, certainly a masterpiece, Donna.
Can you let us know how you get on with your surgery so we don't worry till you post again, please. Thank you and all the best.

Polyester Princess said...

Happy Anniversary Donna & Larry!
Uncle Worm's made me laugh :-)
Loving your Christmas tablecloth and the eggs in a basket!
I'll be thinking of you on Oct. 7! Fingers firmly crossed! xxx

Lin said...

Happy Anniversary! What wonderful role models you are to friends and family! Good luck with your surgery. I will add you to my prayers for a skilled surgeon, a successful operation, a speedy recovery, and positive results. You've got this, Donna!

MELODY JACOB said...

Happy 54th anniversary to you and Larry, and that retro Christmas tablecloth turned out to be such a sweet nod to your parents. Celebrating five decades of love over catfish at a spot named Uncle Worm's is wonderfully memorable. Holding you so close in my heart and sending endless prayers for your surgeon and a complete recovery on October 7th.

diane b said...

You were married on the same day as my daughter. Hope you had a happy anniversary. Sending best wishes for your surgery. The Christmas quilt is beautiful. Your food court is always interesting for me as we don't get the same kind of food here.

Jennyff said...

Happy anniversary to you both, did you imagine all those years ago old have such gorgeous grandchildren. All the best for the op, soon be over and can start mending. X

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Happy 54th wedding anniversary! 💕
I loved the cute cousins picture; so sweet.
Your Christmas tablecloth turned out beautifully. You did a great job, Donna.
Hope all these record high temperatures are behind us! We got rain today. Alleluia!
Have a great week.

Debbie Nolan said...

Donna I have been praying for you...glad you don't have to wait too long to get the lump removed. Your tablecloth for Christmas is absolutely gorgeous. Yes, Christmas will be here before we know it.
Congratulations to you and Larry. It is always extra special to know there are still couples out there "hearing the music" and enjoying sunsets. Hubby and I love sitting out and watching the sun set. Take care friend and I will continue to pray for you. Hugs!

Pattie Tierney said...

Happy anniversary! I was just going into high school in the 70s, but it was a wonderful time and I miss the old days. I suppose all older people say that. Your Christmas tablecloth is absolutely stunning. I admire people who can sew and do such things. I can do needlework, but sewing is not something I do.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope your lumpectomy goes as planned. You tablecloth quilt is a beauty!

Diana said...

Congratulations on 54 years, Donna. I'm glad the stuffed bird at the door didn't spoil the catfish, and a fish you can taste instead of the crust sounds like a good place to go back to. Thinking of you on Wednesday, take good care.

The Happy Whisk said...

Great tablecloth! Happy Happy 54 years married. Amazing. Just love that.

photowannabe said...

Oh phooey, Where did the time go? I was full of good intentions to remember your surgery and then got so wrapped up in my own stuff... so sorry.
I'm glad the surgery is done and you are on to recovery mode. Praying for you right now for a good report and complete healing.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well first of all, the picture of the children on the beach took my breath away. I was just not ready for that. What gorgeous babies and such a great composition! I'd have that framed real big and hung on the wall!!!! And yes, they do come with a manual, praise be to God. Hey Uncle Worm's ... I'd almost fly to Texas to eat there! That food looks like what my mom would have called "larrupin'" ... hahaha! All kinds of delicious. The tablecloth is so wonderful. I would be freaking out though, if anyone got a drop of gravy on it, haha! Praying for you, my friend! xoxo 🏴‍☠️

DeniseinVA said...

I am late but Happy Anniversary!!! I read your latest post on your surgery and have sent all the prayers I can muster. The photos of the sweeties on the beach is adorable! Loved your tablecloth. That’s a wow! I had to chuckle at the Uncle Worms. I wonder how come they picked that name? Bet there’s a story there :) Food looks as delicious as always. Enjoyed the funnies too. Thinking of you with lots of hugs, Denise

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Congratulations to you and Larry on all those wonerful years together. God bless you both.
We don't get much mail these days and junk mail is the worst. Great method to put a stop to that kind of post.
Wow! Didn't your Christmas tablecloth turn out beautifully. You are so talented, Donna.