Friday, October 9, 2026

Sheer Bedlam....



My surgery went well!  I'm home and trying to heal.  I won't know what my treatments will be until I go see my Oncologist on the 21st and Radiologist on the 22nd of October.  Just laying around...feeling fit for nothing.  Meanwhile....



Our daughter Crystal was taken to a Houston hospital ER with appendicitis this morning!!  Say some prayers for her!  It hasn't burst and that's a good thing!  I'll let you know how everything turns out... 










Yes mam...biscuits & gravy...


Larry smoked a Tri-Tip...wonderful!



I made French toast ...last week...


Smothered in butter, lemon juice and powdered sugar...oh my word...with a hot coffee!
Well, I know this post is lacking but I need to go sit in the living room, on a comfortable chair.
Hope you all are safe and happy!  Until next time...
hugs
Donna

18 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

My dear, this post is lacking nothing! That FOOD!!!!! Tell Larry the Pirate said GOOD MAN for making that tri-tip well done! Me and TG don't like no pink in our meat, haha! And that French toast! Mercy. So, poor Crystal! I am so sorry! I will pray for you both today, I promise. I love your clever AI pic at the top! It made me giggle. I hope you feel tons better today! xoxo 🏴‍☠️

Pattie Tierney said...

I’m glad you’re home and at least have the surgery behind you. I’ve been through chemo multiple times, and radiation, so I know it’s not an easy road ahead, but you can do it. Meanwhile, my mouth is watering looking at that French toast. I really miss having someone who will cook for me.

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you recover well.

Sooze said...

So glad you're home, rest up and don't go doing too much! Larry I'm sure is more than capable of looking after you - his cooking certainly looks mouthwatering. I hope your daughter recovers quickly.

photowannabe said...

Donna, thanks for checking in.
Prayers continuing for healing and a good plan as you move on with treatments.
Your food always looks so yummy. I love a good tri-tip any day, and the french toast/Dutch Baby looks divine. anything with lemon is right up my alley.
Take care and rest
Sue

Bill said...

To a good recovery, Donna.

DeniseinVA said...

Posts from you are never lacking. Prayers for blessed healing heading your way and also Crystal. Loved the lady knocking on the ceiling. So heartwarming! Thanks for sharing that. Food looks yummy. Now rest and heal sweet friend.

DeniseinVA said...

Hugs Denise xo

Mari said...

Thanks for the update. Glad the surgery is done. Now praying for healing for you and Crystal too!

The Happy Whisk said...

Very sweet on the three taps. Glad you are home resting. Sending well wishes to your daughter. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Prims By The Water said...

So glad your surgery went well and you are home now. Prayers for your daughter. Janice

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad you are home! I pray your treatment will be easy. Do let us know. Also, prayers for Crystal - that can't be easy. The French Toast looked pretty good too.

Granny Marigold said...

You must be so relieved that your surgery is over. Good thing Crystal's appendix didn't burst. Hopefully she's on the mend now.
I've never been a big fan of French toast but your version could change my mind.

Margaret D said...

You soon will be fit as a fiddle, I'm sure. Good luck and I'm sure the results will be positive.
Your daughter, wishing her the best. Your food looks good..

Linda said...

I am glad all went seemingly well with the surgery. Keeping in prayer. smiles

Ann said...

Glad to hear you are home and resting. So sorry to hear about Crystal. Will send prayers for both of you.

Anonymous said...

I was diagnosed 12 years ago with breast cancer, did 6 months of chemo, lumpectomy, declined radiation. I added a lot of natural, vitamin, herbal remedies which I believe helped immensely especially with chemo. Good luck and Godspeed, this is a difficult journey however God willing you'll get through it.

Polyester Princess said...

Your post isn't lacking at all, Donna. It's good to hear from you and I'm glad to read that surgery went well. Will be thinking of you as you go forward with your appointments and treatment! In the meantime, sending healing vibes for Crystal! xxx