Friday, March 6, 2015

Feeling? Suspicious!!


Well, we did it...Libby got "fixed".  I HATED it, I think as much as she probably did.  A total betrayal.  For, at least, 36 hours afterward, she didn't want me around much; giving me this "Why" look!  I seriously do not remember any of our male babies giving us "the look"...guess the male species is just like that...no memories...of anything...much...WHAT???Hahaaa...I mean of the canine persuasion of course!  It killed my soul to see her look at me this way...sigh.
Speaking of cold...It has been cold here.  A mixture of snowy ice.  Awful stuff.  Southerners do NOT drive well on it.  If you have front wheel drive you tend to do better and if you have four wheel drive...Lordy how I miss my jeep!  Loved the four wheel drive it had.  But, I made it to work while passing up vehicles that were not so lucky.  Thank You Jesus!  Why do people drive so darn fast?
SO...that's been my week so far.  Suppose to start warming back up this weekend which I am SO ready.  I know you "Snow" people are probably thinking, "What a WEENEY"!!!!!  Hahaaa....and you'd probably be right but...when you don't see much freezing weather you tend to freak out when you do.
Onward and Upward!  Coming for visits right after I refill my coffee...Fifteen more days till Spring!
OH!  Don't forget to set your clocks FORWARD one hour this Saturday night in the USA!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh girl that's been my mantra for years: SLOW DOWN WHY DON'T YOU? And now add to that, GET OFF YOUR STUPID PHONE AND DRIVE WHY DON'T YOU!!!! Arrrrrgggh don't get me started on that. Seriously as I said on Insta, that is the cutest photo of Olivia Pug Princess I have seen to date. She is adorable when in high dudgeon. She will forget the betrayal as soon as the stitches don't hurt anymore. Treats will help. All will be well with extra cuddles. Give her some sugar from me! xoxo

bichonpawz said...

What is up with these jerks who drive way too fast for road conditions? It makes me crazy! I miss my Jeep also! It is now 15 years old and we are having all kinds of issues with it and hoping we can just milk it along a bit. Two car payments just too much! Be careful out there Donna! I understand how just a little ice can send you into a panic! Take care!
Xo
Jeanne

Ann Thompson said...

aw poor Libby. I need to call and make the appointment for Gibbs. I hope he doesn't give me the look afterwards.
Just so you know I really wasn't calling you a Weeney but that did make me laugh lots.

Out on the prairie said...

You will enjoy a longer life pet after all this. When we spoil them it is just hard on us more. As I explain it, I am glad I am not someone's pet.

bj said...

Where it doesn't snow or ice up much, drivers tend to want to travel as fast as they do in normal weather...it's the same out here in West Texas..
SLOW DOWN, PEOPLE...

Nita Jo said...

Oh, poor Libby! The look on her face! Haha!

I'm sorry you're getting the snow and ice. We had some terrible weather a few weeks back, but this past couple of weeks has been like early spring. It's 60 today, which is warm for us! Yay!

Lin said...

Oh no! That look! Ugh. Don't let it get to you--you did the right thing by her. Still...that FACE...

Driving in snow and ice is a no-win. You are either going too slow or too fast by anyone's standards. Just drive the way you feel safe and stick to the right if you think it is too slow. Just be safe for yourself.

Donna said...

Oh, I hope that she is on the mend now and has forgiven you! She is so cute!

The ice storms that we endured are history now. Warm weather has finally arrived!

A Colorful World said...

Poor little Libby! I hope she forgives you soon! The photo is darling.

Sandy Trefger said...

Pool little baby but she'll be fine and will soon forget. It's much better having this done than something else {gasp} happening to the innocent little one. :) Yes it's been ugly cold. Looks like it may start getting better!

~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

Nita Jo said...

Donna, I've checked back a couple of times recently and have seen no new activity. Trying not to worry. I hope you're just busy enjoying spring, if it finally arrived for you! We're having a lovely early spring. Tulips, pansies, and hyacinth are blooming. Wishing you well!