Friday, October 11, 2019

Just been a bit busy...

Everett and Samantha...getting married on December 7th, 2019

Made our granddaughter a housewarming cake...yes, they bought a house, ten acres, in the country.

Turned out pretty well...

Buttt....I'll NEVER use Ermine frosting again unless it's to be eaten fairly soon!  It was a hot day...and it sat for several hours in a warm kitchen...It started to creep off the cake... :O()..I'm Learning!!

The reason for all this baking is because Samantha asked me to make her wedding cake...!!  I seriously need practice! I've never made one before... 

I use the plastic bins I get fruit in, to gift cupcakes and such.  Handy!

The cupcake recipe turned out great!

Well, that's about it for now.  Holidays are starting to roll around again!  As you longtimers with me know, Christmas is my favorite.  Not long now...
The cold weather finally rolled in here last night.  It dropped from 92 yesterday to 47 this morning.  Oh well, I love the rain that came with it...dark and rainy...my kinda day!  
Y'all stay warm or cool where ever you are!!!
PS- Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians!

10 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

Beautiful work for a beautiful cause! I know that wedding cake will be special because it will be made by you, with so much love for Everett and Samantha. What a lovely day it will be! Good to "see" you again. xoxo

Ann said...

That cake looks fantastic. You are really good at that. I bet their wedding cake will look spectacular

Michelle said...

I admire you baking. I love to bake, but I don't do cakes that often. They seem so time consuming to me! lol Your cake turned out lovely!

Jeanette said...

That cake looks so stinkin' good! I cannot wait to see the cake you make for Samantha's wedding!

Sandra Cox said...

Beautiful relatives. Beautiful cake and cupcakes.
That's quite an honor. You must be an outstanding baker. What kind of cake are you making. Keep us posted.

NanaDiana said...

You will make a spectacular wedding cake! One of the most sought after cake bakers here (wedding) used almond instead of vanilla in their icing and it was SOOOO good. We were so disappointed when they closed after 50 years in the business.

That cake you made looks delicious and I love cupcakes. Hope you have a great week, Donna. xo Diana

Sally said...

I'm so excited for Sam and Everett; such a beautiful couple.

You are doing so well at baking, and I know the wedding cake will be made with your heart and soul. It will be beautiful.

xoxo

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

How wonderful that the darling couple bought a home! Your cake and cupcakes look fabulous, Donna. It won’t be long now until the wedding. You’re a dear to make their wedding cake.

Paula said...

WAIT~ I don't remember getting an invitation for cake? LOL
Sure looks delish, Miss Donna!! And a beautiful couple, too!! ((hugs))

Nita Jo said...

Hello friend! I've been absent for a while too. So much going on in life. Your cake looks amazing! Can't wait to see the wedding cake! Our temps dropped too. Yesterday was a mix of clouds, wind, rain, thunder, lightening, and then hail! Crazy, but beautiful! The sun came out after and left us with a crisp, cold, sunshiny day. My favorite! Sending Big HUGS your way!