Saturday, April 23, 2022

Pie...Lemon Blender Pie...ala' Miss Jenny

 I think we all have one, or a few, troublemaker friends.  It's not a question, it's just a fact.  I have several.  One though, lately, Miss Jenny has been causing immense amounts of trouble...but only in the good sense.  With pie...yes, pie.  She proudly displays her bits of perfection and as I read her post, I drool...yes...drool.  Just saying the word lemon is reactionary enough but, while trying to convince myself it's just another pie, I begin wondering at the ease of making it...simplicity indeed.  SO... I know what I have to do to make this drooling stop.  I head to the kitchen and prepare for battle! lolol...omg...



I let the blender run until the batter was light and fluffy.






We couldn't wait!  I cut a piece while it was still warm...and look at it!  Held together beautifully.  But it's wonderful cold.


Oh Lordy...All this deliciousness from a blender...I'm hooked!  I used a store-bought crust in case the recipe didn't work as I hoped it would.  Nor did I have extra lemons to use as a garnish on the top of said pie.  But!  Let me assure you!  It worked out just fine...The next time I make this pie, and I will, I'll make a homemade crust and have plenty of lemons on hand!
Here's the recipe for those doubting my words!


Now, what to do on this Saturday...I've made another old-time cake but I'll save it for my next post.  
Hope you all are enjoying a sweet and peaceful weekend!  I'll be popping in to check on you! Hugs...Donna

18 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Your lemon pie looks Yummy! And I'll take anything lemon. I'm glad the pie worked out so well considering it was your first time making it. I think the powdered sugar on top adds a little something. Oh, this looks so good that I wish I had a piece to go with my coffee this morning. You did a wonderful job on it. : )

Have a peaceful weekend.

~Sheri

Bill said...

The pie sounds and looks delicious.

Jo said...

OH MY WORD Donna! My absolute favorite of all sweet treats. Yours turned out beautifully; it made me drool just looking at the pictures and reading your post. Thank you for sharing. Have a great day. Jo

Mari said...

HA! That Jenny has been a troublemaker from way back. But - a loveable troublemaker. :)
I have that recipe saved from her and I need to make it!

Margaret D said...

That certainly looks delicious.

Ann said...

Oh it does look delicious. A whole pie with no one to eat it but me is a dangerous thing though.

Norma2 said...

Thank you Donna for stopping by to say hello. Your lemon cake looks delicious and surely very refreshing.
My mouth waters too just reading recipes that use lemon!

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my. That looks luscious. If I lived closer, I'd invite myself over for a slice:)

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Donna,
So nice to meet you. Thank you for your visit. I am happy you enjoyed viewing the roses.
Penny

Lin said...

Oooh, that looks wonderful!

Margaret D said...

That pie does look ever so delicious..

Little Penpen said...

That looks delicious!!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh my, your pie looks delicious, Donna.
Thank you for following along. I will watch for your posts, as I cannot get my blog to follow right now. Thank you for your kind comment about my felted babies.
blessings,
Penny

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haaaahaha yes, I love making trouble of the lemon kind!!!! I don't remember where I came across that recipe but isn't it just the best thing? So easy and so good. I melt my butter so I was intrigued that yours was soft (no doubt from that butter bell I made you buy) and it appeared to change the consistency of the pie filling somewhat! I will try doing it that way next time! I am so glad you liked it! xoxo

Donna said...

Haaaahaha yes, I love making trouble of the lemon kind!!!! I don't remember where I came across that recipe but isn't it just the best thing? So easy and so good. I melt my butter so I was intrigued that yours was soft (no doubt from that butter bell I made you buy) and it appeared to change the consistency of the pie filling somewhat! I will try doing it that way next time! I am so glad you liked it! xoxo
Jenny the Pirate

Jeanette said...

I also saved that recipe from Jenny! One of these days I'll make it, too!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

The pie looks heavenly!!

Nita Jo said...

Oooh! I love anything with lemon and this looks delicious!