Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Mother's Day, an Oreo Lemon Cookie Pound Cake, and a Cricut Maker3...

Morning guys!  It's been a busy week.  Watching the Depp/Heard trial... Mother's Day cake, that I made myself...for myself, but only took a slice... and Larry bought me a Cricut Maker 3...don't ask...He thinks I'm floundering. Burned out, so to speak. So, he got me a toy to play with.  What a learning curve!!!  Omg... it'll do a lot of crafts, maybe even fly (not really) ...but I'll be learning new things from now to doomsday!  I suppose that was his original intention...but don't call me an ingrate quiet yet!  We drove over to Consignment Furniture and I bought a desk in which I can house the machine...craft do-dads...odds and ends and bobbles.  Goodness knows where all this will take me...I'll keep you updated.


Here's the Oreo Lemon Cookie Pound Cake I made...Dang GOOD!  Very lemony!


People are always asking me how I get my cakes to literally, fall out of their pans with absolutely no breakage or crumbling...Just make the recipe below...store in the refrigerator, use it liberally on All your baked goods!  Slather it on your pan!  I love the stuff and No More expensive Baker's Joy!  I know, I know...Crisco and dust with flour ...sure it works to but, too many steps when all you need is a brush and this recipe. 



I used the food processor to crumble about 20 cookies...half in the batter and half on top of the lemon glaze.





Use your favorite basic vanilla pound cake recipe...I also added a small box of Instant Lemon Pudding...NO vanilla extract!  Instead, use Lemon extract, 2 teaspoons.
There's SO many variations you can use... Can you think of one? 






Larry also gave me flowers for Mother's Day...so pretty!


Love Italian Sesame bread!  I can't make it for this price of $1 !!


Are any of you Cricutters??





My first project...Lolol...a vinyl bear...and only because the machine made me do it!

Well, Hope you all are well, safe and happy.  I hope you Mother's out there enjoyed our special day!  Father's Day is coming up...June 19th (America)  I'd better get busy to find a revenge... I mean, a sweet gift for the Hubby.
Be kind to each other and make good choices!


WHAT??Lolol... oh alright, so I'm #TeamDepp ...
See you at the trial!


19 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

You have great discipline to eat only one slice of that cake. It looks amazing. I love anything lemon. Looks like the icing drizzled nicely over it. That is a pretty blue plate that the Oreos are on. I noticed that right away, as blue dishes are my favorite. The Italian Sesame Bread looks good. Would be wonderful with a dab of butter. The vinyl bear is cute. Reminds me of living up here in the mountains. This was bear territory, and many years ago bears roamed the area. I always enjoy your posts. They are delightful.

~Sheri

Ann said...

OMG, that cake looks delicious.
Have fun with the cricut. I have an obsolete model that isn't even made any more but it still does the job. I don't use mine nearly enough.

Mari said...

I got a cricut joy for Christmas and that was intimidating enough, I'm sure the cricut 3 has a lot more to learn.
Your cake is amazing! I am going to try it and the non stick mix too. Thanks!

Margaret D said...

Lovely looking cake there.

Jeanette said...

That cake looks delicious! I should dust off my round cake pan and make it! Have fun with the Cricut. I know a lot of crafters love it! I'm sure you'll be making amazing things in no time! I have only seen bits and pieces of the hearing but I'm definitely team Depp. She is a major screwball!!

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Donna, a fun post, enjoyed very much. Fun and interesting! Thanks for visiting :)

Sandra Cox said...

Thanks for sharing your magic cake removal secret:)
That lemon pound cake looks luscious.
Hugs

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hi, thanks for your visit. By the way, I'm Team Depp too. Your cake is beautiful, and my mouth is literally watering. The Calla Lilies are gorgeous!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh yeah you know I'm team Depp ... that woman is a nutjob ... although our darling Johnny certainly does have his problems. I hope he can work some of them out before it's too late. And where did you get that picture of him? It's hanging in my dressing room, taped to the mirror, haahahaaha! Speaking of stealing, I'm stealing this whole post just to have that wonderful recipe. I WILL be making that one! xoxo

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh, my! That pound cake looks so delicious. I sure would like to sample it. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I want to try it.

Little Penpen said...

That cake!!!!! Is beautiful and I’m sure very delicious!!!

Red Rose Alley said...

*thanks for visiting. Just wanted to tell you that your comment showed up on my reading page, but didn't show up on my post. Now sure why, but I've been seeing that lately with other friend's comments, and some of my blog friends are having issues with the comments right now as well. Have a peaceful weekend. I'm new to your blog, so I was browsing through some of your Christmas posts yesterday, as it's my favorite holiday. I enjoyed your wonderful posts.

~Sheri

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Donna,
Oh so it is not just me. Your kind comment showed up, but your posts are not on my feed. Must be a blogger issue.
I am so happy you enjoyed viewing our drawings, and again, thank you so much.
As for this Lemon cake.. Oh my! It looks delicious! And what is it about blue plates. They are always so pretty. I have one left from a set I bought probably 45 years ago with blue stamps. Ok, I have just aged myself. haaa
I always enjoy your posts.
blessings,
Penny

Lee said...

I'm Team Depp, too...always have been. I hope he wins...and Heard will no longer be heard!

I love the look of the cake! Thanks for sharing...and take good care, Donna. :)

Margaret D said...

I thought I commented on this blog post - wonder where the comment went..lovely cake and beautiful lilies.

Sandra Cox said...

I would so love a piece of that cake.
Enjoy your new toy.
Hugs

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my you're so funny!! I do not have a Cricut, but my daughter and two daughters-in-law do. I hope you get the hang of it. Your cake looks fabulous, Donna. Thank you for sharing your recipe for the homemade Baker's Joy.
Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Nita Jo said...

Team Depp here too, though I haven't tuned in to the trial. Love the Purple Calla Lilies and your Cricut machine! Awesome gifts! Thanks for sharing your lemon cake recipe. Love a lemon cake and it looks so good! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your encouraging comment. I will keep working on the book!
Hugs!!!

Sally said...

Well, lawsy, it's good to see you're still posting here!

Yes, that cake looks too good to be true. Thank you for all the recipes which you know I won't use (cause you know I can't cook),

Okay, the cricut thing; never heard of it surprise surprise. but I'll be looking forward to seeing your works of art. It seems like you're staying busy which is good. (while here I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop LOL)

xoxo