Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Lunch Out...Cake In...

Morning guys!  Just checking in.  We went to an outdoor "thrift" show in Canton, Texas on Friday, to visit with friends and to look at all the different handmade...??lol...goodies.  China was a big participant, needless to say.  Some actually were handmade right here in the good old USofA but, not much anymore.  Oh well, it got us out of the house.
Then I made an old fashioned Lunchroom Ladies white sheet cake.  Very moist, very good!

We went out to lunch yesterday to The Olive Garden.  Soup and salads... Larry had Zuppa Toscana and I had Gnocchi ... both, really good!

Then it was off to Bath & Bodyworks.  My Granddaughter has several in her house and the scents are fabulous!!  If you go hunting, look for Wallflower...the appliance you plug into the outlet then you attach the fragrance (Read the instructions!!!  You can only get the caps off by turning counter clock wise! Weird!).  But the aromas are wonderful!  The Wallflower appliance has three settings!  Strong, medium and light.  Comes in handy because the scents are concentrated.  OH!!!  Grab some of the cute little hand sanitizers!!  I've been making my own for far too long with vanilla...These little scents are yummy and leave your hands feeling wonderful!
 
Then, lets see...I also bought a silicone tray to freeze things in...cream, lemon juice, seasonings in olive oil...tomato paste.  A whole can of tomato paste usually goes to waste around here!  SO, now I can pull out what I need (2 squares equals 1/4 cup).

Are you bored yet??Lolol... Here's hoping you're safe from all the horrible shootings!  Larry and I both are Conceal Carry...praying we never have to use them.

Larry's painting the house only when it's cool...not in a hurry...and I just got told we could drive to Cedar Springs to see if there were any tomatoes yet...yea!!
Coming around later to check on you!  Enjoy your day...











Our granddaughter Samantha...Baby Sloane is due on my birthday, Aug 9!  SO excited!  Larry's Mother, if you remember, died on my birthday!  Sloane's arrival will definitely give me happier thoughts!







12 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, that soup looks delicious. I'm really in to soups right now, as the weather is still cold in the mornings and evenings here. Olive Garden salad is amazing, right? That outdoor thrift show looks so charming, and I think I could have browsed there for hours. Lots of mint green stuff there. Your cake looks moist and delicious, and drizzled with icing, even better. This is a beautiful picture of your granddaughter. And a baby on the way, how exciting and special that will be. It's always a pleasure to visit and see the happenings in your life, my friend.

~Sheri

Ann said...

Olive Gardens gnocchi soup is my absolute favorite. Now I want some. I like the idea of freezing things in one of those silicone trays. With it just being me there are a lot of times when I don't use a whole can/container of something.

Mari said...

This sounds like a perfect day! Samantha is a beautiful expectant mom.
I love wallflowers and always have them going in my house.

Margaret D said...

The soup looks good and your purchases as well. Lovely photo of your granddaughter.
The smelly thing would be good in certain areas, I can't stand smelly sprays.

Linda said...

I love everything in this post! And I have had a time with those scented wallflower things! I think some work one way and some work the other and I have a time getting them off! There's a Bath and Body Works outlet in Hillsboro and I mean to stop there later this month when we go down to the ranch.

Olive Garden is one of my favorite places!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word Olive Garden is so delicious! That salad! You sent me on a frenzied online search for Lunch Ladies cake recipes! I did find a couple and I will be making those! I haven't used wallflowers in a while ... maybe I'll check them out again! A long time ago Andrew dated a girl who had them everywhere in her house and they smelled so wonderful but I can't remember what scent she used. xoxo

Red Rose Alley said...

** your comment showed up on my reading page, but not on my post. Not sure why that is happening with a couple of my blog friends' comments coming through. Just wanted you to know, and have a restful Sunday.

~Sheri

Lee said...

You have been a very busy lady, Donna. :)

Let's hope there are no more mass shootings...it's heartbreaking...so distressing, and worrying. As the saying goes..."It's not guns that kill people...but people"...those mentally unstable with their fingers on the trigger. Helped along, no doubt, most of them, by illicit drugs. Worryingly, until the latter are addressed, matters won't change, I believe. Those wielding knives, machetes and the like around need to be addressed, too. I'm not against folk have a "concealed carry"...by law, to do so is legal in the US. One should have the right to protect themselves, those they love, and their property.

Take good care...stay safe.

Nita Jo said...

Exciting about the grandbaby and Samantha looks lovely! Such happy news and so needed during these days. All that delicious food! Your photos are really dangerous to my diet. Temptations! Lol!
Big hugs to you!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

That food looks so delicious. I know you are looking forward to the little one coming. It's wonderful to have a newborn to love and adore.

Sally said...

You guys stay so busy! I can't believe Sloane is soon to be born and on your birthday! I know y'all are excited for the baby; I am too! :)

Things here are the same which makes me a dull person lately. I think being 'elderly' should prevent some of the 'adults' from being 'mean', yes mean in my opinion. If I could, I'd run away from home and that's not a joke. It was so wonderful before my cousin died to be able to go there and enjoy the farm life. He'll be gone a year on the 24th. :(

Take care and keep on cooking those wonderful meals and desserts.
xoxo

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I hope by now you are receiving your comments. You have a great blog. Love to visit it.