Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Easter 2023, Sloane's First Crawl and Chocolate Pie...

 Good morning friends!

Has it been a week already?  Where is the time going... Easter absolutely flew by.  I wasn't feeling too chipper so Larry and I went to our consecutive "corners", and just piddled away at the day.  Me watching television and him out in his workshop creating something on his humongous laser.  

We didn't get to see our granddaughter, Samantha...greatgran Sloane or her hubby, Everett. With me not feeling so good they had many other stops to make so we made "do" with these photos.  We love them dearly.

Our daughter Crystal and hubby live several hours away so they just got to rest over the weekend.  We celebrate, as a family, most holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving but Easter, Independence Day, Valentines and St Patricks Day, we enjoy phone calls and food, at home.

We could insist that the kids and grandchildren come but as a young mom myself, once...I remember the running around...money spent...time...(although I miss my mom and dad and wish I had a time machine) and miles we traveled to spend time with family we saw all the time anyway...If you can't let loved ones know how you feel about them...traveling 3 hours isn't going to change things.  


Sam, Sloane and Everett


Sloane with her cousins...


I saw this Summer dress in Targets the other day for Sloane...couldn't resist!  It's SO 1950's.



WATCH!!!  I know you want to!lol

Sloane is Crawling now!!!  How fun!  This was her first time...



I made a chocolate pie earlier in the week...didn't last long!



I was cleaning out my greenhouse when a bird flew up in my face!  I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how it had gotten in there...Well, she'd made a nest and it had four eggs in it!  And yes, she came back to continue her keeping her babies warm.  Hope they hatch and I didn't hurt anything...I just backed out and let things alone.


I finally got Larry to finish out the trim on the bay window in the playroom.  You'd think a year was long enough of my asking?lolol


Pooped him out...lol...he usually takes a half hour "power nap" (he calls them that for effect...lolol...I call them his "pooped" naps!  He still works hard around the house, inside and out.


I'm on the Monk Fruit craze now...It really does taste and act like real sugar!  A, 1:1 ratio!  No after taste!  We are on a smoothie kick right now.  Frozen fruits (I partially thaw them before blending), Heavy cream, fruit juice...I'm even starting to loose a bit of weight...I like that part!
BUT!!!  DO NOT FEED TO YOUR PETS!
Erythritol can kill them!


I bought a Nutri-Ninja blender for $49 at Walmart and it works great.  Comes with two cups so Larry and I can make our smoothies the way we like them.


My Libby the Pug...Goes everywhere I do...This is the bed beside my computer.




Truth right here! Lolol




We once had an employee who would steal our lunches out of the employee break room...wish I'd thought of this...and before you think me mean spirited, I'd had the chat with him more than once!  We paid our employees well...but no one would speak up...so when he stole my lunch, I got a little bent out of shape.  Needless to say, he never stole my lunch again...lol


This is exactly how I feel sometimes...Yes, I've had a good life and wouldn't change anything...but sometimes, age has a way of reminding you of your seasons and how very precious time is.
Use it wisely.
Tell family you love them, Every Day!
So, until next time....

23 comments:

Bill said...

Nice post, Donna. Wonderful photos of Sloane and her cousins, they are so cute all dressed up. The pie looks delicious. The bird found a nice place to build a nest. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Sandra Cox said...

I love homemade chocolate pie. My mom always made delicious ones. She'd make them for my uncle, but when I asked it fell on deaf ears. Haha.

Mevely317 said...

Oh my! Those first two photos look like they should be on a magazine cover ... beautiful! I'm not fond of fruit but may look into getting one of those blenders for Tom; he loves fruit, but only drinks Coca-Cola or coffee.
I can sure identify with that last imagine. Great thoughts!

Mari said...

Look at Sloane go!
Cute pic of the family too.
My old workplace had someone stealing lunches too So crazy!
That last picture is so true. I feel like I am much younger than I am - except when my knees hurt. :)

Visits With Mary said...

The picture of Sloane and her cousins is just precious! That last picture you shared of the elderly woman and little girl, yep, I sometimes feel that way too. Where have the years gone? WoW.

Margaret D said...

The pie looks delicious.
The little children are beautiful, such lovely photos of the family.
Hope you are feeling improved.
That did take your husband a long time to do that job for you - guess he did it when he felt like doing it..lol

Ann said...

Love the photo of Sloane and her parents. That dress you bought her is adorable.
I take those pooped naps all the time. Took a couple of them yesterday when I got home from work

Red Rose Alley said...

Sloane is crawling! So sweet to see that. That is a beautiful photo of Samantha and her family at Easter. And that little dress from Target is so cute. Nel finds the cutest clothes for kids on Amazon. Your chocolate pie looks amazing! I can see why it's all gone now. Funny thing about the bird popping up in your face. I guess she was just being protective of her babies. Larry did a nice job on the bay window. I've always loved those. And about the sweetener. Please be careful about what's in it; some sweeteners have this awful ingredient that can be harmful if taken regularly. I bought that Ninja blender at one time when I was into making smoothies, but with all the moves, I gave it away. The "woman laughs" quote made me chuckle. And lastly, I love that last photo of the child and the old woman. Yes, we age, but it seems we still have that inner child in us.

Have a blessed week, Donna. A great post today.

~Sheri

Sandra Cox said...

It was just the two of us for Easter too, so I get it:)

Granny Marigold said...

The video of Sloane crawling is so sweet!!! There will be no stopping her now.
The little blue dress is adorable and yes, very 50ish.
Hard to believe anyone would stoop to stealing someone else's lunch. My daughter had a big bite taken out of her lunch wedge of cheese. It was in the employees fridge, neatly labelled with her name.

dori said...

Last picture. BOTH are really sweet: Young and old!!!

First picture:
Most amazing and most beautiful family in front of flowers and with beautiful faces and clothes!

Second picture: OH the FOUR! You are so blessed! They look like brothers and sisters! VERY SWEET!!!

The blue dress is very nice!

Sweet cakes! :)

I like your husband!


And your dog(s)!





HUGS from Dori

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Donna. Such sweet pictures, and video of Sloane. So cute! What a blessing to your family. Our Easter was quiet, and just the two of us as well. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Granny Annie said...

I don't know what is cuter...the kiddos or the chocolate pie!!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Polyester Princess said...

I'm sorry to read you weren't feeling to chipper over Easter.
Those gorgeous photo of cute little Sloane with her Mom and Dad, and that sweet video of her crawling for the first time must have made up for it, though. How very precious!
And now I'm craving a piece of that delicious looking chocolate pie! xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely family photographs and I do like the video of Sloane crawling :)

Enjoy the coming weekend.

All the best Jan

Catherine said...

Nice to see Sloane crawling ! Maxime is not but he wants to walk.
Your pie looks delicious ! Too delicious ! I hope to see my son this summer, when there is a long distance between family members it’s sometimes quite complicated. I hope you feel better. Hugs from France!

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful photos, thank you Donna. It is great pleasure to see.
Your cake looks delicious.
Fingers crossed for the nest in your garden and the birds.
Yes, yes... unfortunately we're not getting any younger and that's exactly why we enjoy every day... now.
HUG

Jeanette said...

Aww! Look at little Sloane go! She'll be up and walking before you know it! That pie looks delicious! I have a Ninja blender too and I love it! I'm a big smoothie drinker!

Sandra Cox said...

Look at those beautiful pink roses behind those sweet kiddos.

photowannabe said...

Absolutely love that picture at the end of your post. Yes...that's me and my thoughts. This aging process sometimes just up and smacks me in the face...
Oh your photos of your grands and great grands are precious. The capture of Sloane crawling is so cute and yay for the next stages of life.
Hope you are feeling better and are enjoying your "finished" playroom baywindow. Love it.
Sue

Linda said...

Such a beautiful family, thank you for the many smiles, my friend. Wishing you a beautiful rest of your Saturday.

Sally said...

I hope by now you're feeling better, Donna. I woke up with a sore throat, ticks me off as I have a lot I want to do like reading blogs and books. :)

Life is shrugging on for our lives, you're not as old as me but listen up, girl. Love every moment you can, enjoy.

xoxo