Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Happy Easter and New Love


 

              Happy Easter to all my sweet Blogging                                       Friends!

              I pray this finds you all well and safe.

 Well, we finally were able to bring our new baby girl home!  What a hoot she is!  Yes, it's been a bit of an adjustment for us all, but I think things are beginning to settle in.  As with any new pup there's the potty-training phase to get through.  She's smart though and as soon as I tell her "It's time to go potty", she does her business and we're back in, spit spot!

She literally eats, potties and sleeps...like any baby does.  She's already stolen our hearts.

Introducing Miss Candy...She's so excited...lol



 




And of course...Our Miss Sloane!  Her mom and Dad took her to Texas Road House,,,her first time to visit.  Of course she's a Rib-Eye kinda' girl so she enjoyed herself.  



Our granddaughter Samantha with our Sloane.



I fried up a lo-carb lunch of chicken tenders rolled in crushed pork skins.  Crunchie and delicious.




Those Cinnamon rolls I made?  Well, of course we couldn't eat them all so I wrapped up most of them and put them in a big baggie and froze them.  Larry (hubby) thawed one out in the microwave and said it tasted "brand new".  First carb for him since his one and only attack several weeks ago.  I believe the bile salts are helping...but he's being careful about his carb intake.




I can't imagine doing all this work!!  But women did it and more without all our modern appliances of today.  Makes me tired just looking at the photo!




Now this looks and sounds Good!  I will be trying this recipe soon!




This is SO TRUE...and it's a price I will always be grateful to pay.



Amen...

Well, I hope you all enjoy and celebrate Easter in your own way.  We'll be babysitting little Sloane on Friday and Monday since her daycare is closed.  We love sitting with her and being amazed at how much she has grown since the last time we've seen her...lolol...even if it's only been a week so...until I post again,


30 comments:

Sooze said...

Both your babies are gorgeous. Happy Easter and enjoy your babysitting.

Jeanette said...

Happy Easter my friend!

Lin said...

Oooh, that little Candy is soooo cute! What a fun addition to your family! And I'm sure Sloane will enjoy her too. Two babies!! :)

Happy Easter, dear friend!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh what a wonderful post. Love Candy and Sloane of course.
I love that picture of Jesus I have never seen that before.
Did you roll the chicken in pork rinds?
That picture of the woman canning - wowowowowow.
And you are right about grief.
Have a blessed Easter.

Mevely317 said...

What a pair of sweethearts! I wonder if Candy and Sloane won't grow up to be besties. That's a great idea about coating the chicken with pork rinds; heretofore, I've only used them for dipping. I LOVE the 1957 kitchen scene -- especially how nicely the lady was dressed. No central A/C ... why, I'd be a sodden ugly mess!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh your Miss Candy is so cute! Have fun! Hope your husband can avoid gallbladder attacks...they are no fun...worse that labor pains:(

photowannabe said...

Happy Easter to you and your Hubby too.
Oh, Miss Candy is so precious. I can see why she has stolen your heart.
Have fun with your Sloane..those are such special times.
Blessings
Sue

Hootin Anni said...

Love seeing Candy adjusting to her new loving home.
That little Sloane is so precious!!
Happy Easter to you and your family!!

Bill said...

Candy is a cutie. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Polyester Princess said...

Aww, aren't both your babies (Miss Candy and Sloane) the cutest?
I remember my grandmother canning, before the event of the freezer. It was a lot of work indeed.
Happy Easter to you and your family! xxx

Ann said...

Your new addition is adorable.
Sloane looks so cute all dressed up to go out to eat.
That chicken cobbler recipe sounds good.

Ann said...

Oh I almost forgot, Happy Easter!!

diane b said...

You have a beautiful granddaughter and great granddaughter. The recipe sounds yummy but I've never heard of Bisquick.

Catherine said...

Sloane is such a nice baby. My baby grandson will be 1 on April 18th he is going on holidays with his parents in Norway very soon. Happy Easter to you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sloane is so cute. So glad you get to spend some quality time with her this week. Your new puppy is darling. What fun as Sloane and Candy get to know each other! Thanks for the recipe. I'm with you - I have no idea how women "back in the day" did all that cookie and canning without so many of the things we have today. Sounds so exhausting. I love the picture of Jesus at the beginning of this post. I hope you and yours have a blessed Easter.

Red Rose Alley said...

Well, I love that flag photo. And I'm so glad you posted it. Seems like God is not mentioned in the schools as much because people have different beliefs. It's sad. That is the cutest picture of little Sloane with Mama. I bet you're so happy to get your new pup.....and a little tired. Puppies are not easy to train. The chicken tenders look delicious. That is so funny that Sloane is eating at the Texas Road House. I heard Texas barbecues are the best. And I absolutely love that picture of the woman in the 50's canning away in her kitchen. My mom and sister used to can jams and such. They were always so good. This was such a delightful post.

Happy Easter to you, Donna.

~Sheri

ashok said...

Happy Easter in advance 😊

Granny Marigold said...

A very Happy Easter to you and your family too.
What caught my eye today was the very pretty dress Sloane is wearing ( in the restaurant). So cute. So nice that Candy is cooperating (so far) with potty training. Hope that keeps on being the case.

dori said...

Blessed and happy Easter to you and to your wonderful family! I love the "vision" of Jesus Salvator! Have a happy babysitting with sweet Sloane!

dori said...

Little Miss Candy is a gem!!

Lee said...

It's easy to fall under Candy's spell. I know I have. She is so, so lovely. Give her a few cuddles from me.

Cuddles to beautiful Sloane from me, too.

My best wishes to you and your love ones for Easter...take good care, one and all. :)

Barwitzki said...

Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.
We'll be having a little party as the kids and grandkids are in Paris for Easter...we're getting heavenly photos though...coffee on the terrace this morning in the sunshine...that's how I love the morning.
All good wishes to you. Viola

Nita Jo said...

Love your pics of your new baby and your sweet Sloane! I snagged that Chicken Casserole recipe for my husband to try one of these days. He now does all the cooking, which is a blessing. Happy Easter! Hugs!!!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

New puppies are so exciting, and she is just adorable. You are going to have great fun with her.

DeniseinVA said...

Your new girl sure is a sweety! Please give her a hug and a few scratches from me. How wonderful that she and Miss Sloane (a sweety beyond measure) are going to grow up together. A sweet photo with her pretty Mommy. I never would have thought to do chicken tenders rolled in crushed pork skins. The meal looks wonderful and I thank you for this great idea. It was fun to have a look inside your freezer. Good to know that your hubby has not had any more of those awful attacks. That photo of the lady was something else. It reminds me of something I read years ago about our grandmothers managing with a mixing bowl and a big spoon, while we have all these amenities at our disposal and yet don’t do as much as they did. Thank you for sharing such a delicious looking recipe. May you all have a very Blessed Easter Donna and I send my hugs.

Kay G. said...

Happy Easter!
You will be busy with that puppy something tells me! xx

Linda said...

Grinning...thank you for the many smiles. Wishing you and your family a very Blessed Easter.

ashok said...

Happy Easter to you and your family

Lowcarb team member said...

Very nice photographs of Candy and Sloane.
Happy Easter wishes to you and your family.

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

What a cute puppy, great grand baby and granddaughter.
Glad the bile salts are working.
Hugs