Friday, April 5, 2024

Bones and Sloane, Cooking and Keys.




Good morning, Friends...It's been a rather busy week for us.  Cooking, cleaning, Ruth Ann's knee surgery and Easter.  
Hope you all enjoyed the holiday and rejoiced in His gift of life...to us.

 


Sloane was, in particular, interested in what the rose smelled like...lolol



Very interesting! lol...  We think she liked it.  Her hands and face a bit dirty from running around the yard picking up bunny eggs...Why is the egg a symbol of Easter?  The eggs represent new life...so sweet.




Samantha, Sloane and Everett...



Sopapilla Cheese Cake... SO good!!  (There again, I got to have one tablespoon of it while family ate the rest.)











Air fryer "chicken fried steak"...Batter was egg wash and ground up pork rinds.  Good and satisfied my "crunch" desire.  And a very small amount of potato soup...I still lost weight.  You can have a cheat day, once a week...but I don't usually do it.










The G key on my new computer was hard to hit, causing me to make mistakes when I typed.
I popped the letter G off the board to see the problem.  The rubber key stop was misaligned...so, I placed a tiny bit of paper towel on top of the rubber then put the key back on.  Much better but sad that it's a new keyboard and I had to make the adjustment!






My roses are blooming everywhere!





Cinnamon rolls done in my Cosori  air fryer...Larry said he loved them!







Believe it or not...I am now down 7.7 lbs!  I'm pretty excited about it.  I just eat locarb or no carb...any kind of meat...cheeses...fish...occasional piece of fruit... Coffee with my usual creamer but I changed from regular sugar to monk fruit sugar.  It tastes just like sugar but it's healthy.  Pounds are coming off in ounces but that's fine with me.  I've had a few 1-pound losses but only two.  Slow and steady!  I don't want to have to do this again!  And I refuse to buy a new wardrobe!    And I continue to walk 3-5000 steps a day.  I'm far from being obese...not even close...but...when you feel fat...do something about it.  My sister, Ruth Ann, underwent knee surgery yesterday...her weight, over the years, caused her knee bones to grind on one another.  Now they're bone on bone...both of them.  I have to pick her up today from the hospital.  Hopefully, she did as the nurses asked and got out of the bed and walked.  We'll see when I get there.  The operation only took an hour!






Easter goodies for Sloane...




I made a banana pudding... (no, I didn't have a bowl, but I did enjoy a spoonful...lol...still lost weight and got to satisfy my tastebuds at the same time. 
Larry and family enjoy my baked goods.  Larry can just turn over in bed and drop 20 pounds...lol








When Ruth Ann gets nervous, she talks...constantly...to the nurses...doctors...holding them up from doing their jobs.  I had to finally step in and gain some control of the situation by "gently" reminding her that the more she held these people up...the longer she'd be there.  She took my meaning.  Her doctor finally stopped in before surgery, and before he left the room, prayed for her and his hands to be guided by God.  I loved it!  And it calmed Ruth Ann right down.  I also have her permission to take photos of her to post on my blog, only.  I have a Facebook account...have had since 2009.  I really don't post much over there anymore.  I'm finding some of the people I follow to be posting some silly garbage, games, memes...not from their lives...hence, I'm not there much...I just mainly keep up with a few sweet friends and family. And yes...If you're a blogger friend, I keep up with you!  





Well, I guess I've bored you enough this morning...I know you are excited to get to work or that laundry...lol
Have a bright and beautiful day!
Until next time...


25 comments:

Sooze said...

You never bore me Donna, I love reading about your life and Sloane and your bakes - very different to ours here in the UK (I had to look up Sopapilla cake!).

Sandra Cox said...

Congrats on the weight loss and lifestyle change. The roses look beautiful. I don't do FB either. Have a grand weekend. Hugs,

Jenny the Pirate said...

I could go for a big piece of sopapilla cake chased by a big serving of banana pudding with Christmas cookies on top, hahahahaha xoxo

Polyester Princess said...

I love reading your posts Donna, and they never ever bore me!
This time, I even learned something new, as I'd never heard of Sopapilla Cake!
Well done on your weight loss and persevering with your locarb diet.
I'm still chuckling over your chicken cartoon: now that's an idea :-) xxx

Jennifer said...

A surgeon who prays with you before surgery. What a blessing that must be!! He is a keeper:) Congrats on those pounds melting away! You go girl!! And who knew you could make cinnamon rolls in the air fryer? I tried making muffins in mine today but they seem a bit dry. Should I have cooked them less? (I used the bake setting so I thought it would be the same. Hmmm)

Red Rose Alley said...

Poor Ruth Anne, she's been through so much. I hope she heals quickly from her knee surgery. That's a sweet picture of SLoane smelling the roses. The cake looks really good. Clever idea about the fixing the G key on your computer. I'll need a new keyboard soon myself. Have had mine for years, and it's been loyal to me. The cinnamon rolls look Yummy! So good that you lost weight - that's not an easy thing to do.

Have a wonderful week, Donna.

~Sheri

Ann said...

The flowers are all pretty and Sloane is adorable as always. All the desserts sure do look yummy. I'm trying to stay away from sweets these days though. Way to go on the weight loss. Mine has come to a halt. I still wanted to lose another 10 pounds but I'm stuck where I'm at now.
Hope all went well with your sisters knee surgery.

dori said...

Excuse me, the last photo makes me laughing !!!! :))))))))

Ah!! Now I know, why we find eggs on Easter! Symbol of new life! Very fine! Sloane looks so sweet and the family-photo of her with her beautiful parents is very nice!
A good kitchen is always necessary in a happy house.
It's a good dead, that you brought Ruth Ann to hospital and back home again. She is special and you are a good and blessed sister for her. A praying doctor is wonderful!! Never watched such a miracle! Hope she can walk soon better and without problems and doing what the doctor advised.
I wait for your actual photo with light weight! :)))
A nice post with a lot of roses. Here the roses still sleep very deep!
Many greetings to you and to your whole blessed family from Dori from the Bavarian Forest.

dori said...

Entschuldigung, das letzte Foto bringt mich zum Lachen!!!! :))))))))

Ah!! Jetzt weiß ich, warum wir an Ostern Eier finden! Symbol für neues Leben! Sehr gut! Sloane sieht so süß aus und das Familienfoto von ihr mit ihren wunderschönen Eltern ist sehr schön!
Eine gute Küche ist in einem glücklichen Zuhause immer notwendig.
Es ist eine gute Tat, dass du Ruth Ann ins Krankenhaus und wieder nach Hause gebracht hast. Sie ist etwas Besonderes und du bist eine gute und gesegnete Schwester für sie. Ein betender Arzt ist wunderbar!! So ein Wunder habe ich noch nie gesehen! Ich hoffe, dass sie bald besser und ohne Probleme laufen kann und den Rat des Arztes befolgt.
Ich warte auf Ihr aktuelles Foto mit geringem Gewicht! :)))
Ein schöner Beitrag mit vielen Rosen. Hier schlafen die Rosen noch ganz tief!
Viele Grüße an Dich und Deine ganze gesegnete Familie von Dori aus dem Bayerischen Wald.

dori said...

Naturally I meant: GOOD DEED!!

diane b said...

I don't know how you can bake such delicious food and then have the will power not to eat it. Well done. I'm trying to lose weight by eating smaller portions and no snacks. I know I eat too many carbs.

Granny Marigold said...



You make such delicious food and manage to eat just a tiny portion. You have amazing willpower.
Your roses are gorgeous. I can hardly wait for mine to grow and bloom.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Ruth Ann.

Margaret D said...

Lovely post Donna.
The photos are lovely as always.
Hoping your sister is feeling better.
Computer keyboard, shouldn't happen that you have to fix it.
I just purchased a new laptop, screen went black same night, wouldn't load same evening, to cut a long story short, the company gave me another brand new laptop a few days later...can't complain.
Hopefully the little one will love roses.
Take care and have a good week.

photowannabe said...

Bravo on the weight loss. My pounds are slowly creeping up again. Gotta get with the program again!!
Love sweet Sloane sniffing the flowers. She is just precious.
Glad Ruth has come through the surgery and wishing her a speedy recovery.
Sue

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, your sweet little Sloane sure is a cutie pie! Her photos are always smile bringers, and such a pretty photo with her mom and dad. Your Sopapilla Cake looks very yummy! People love coming to your place I am sure, but they must love coming for all that delicious food you make. Had a laugh at the OCD. I could do with a few OCD people around here. Flowers are beautiful and your funnies are also appreciated, everything is. Congrats on the weight loss! That's wonderful and I am still trying. Hope your sister Ruth recovers quickly on her knee surgery. I am never bored with your posts, on the contrary I love reading them. Thanks Donna and have a great weekend!

Jeanette said...

Well, good for you losing that weight! You are doing it the right way by not completely denying yourself little treats! Sloan is so cute smelling the flowers! I hope Rugh Ann's recovery goes well and she keeps up with the exercises and physical therapy like she should! Rare is a doctor that prays with the patients so what a wonderful doctor! XO

Debbie Nolan said...

Donna congratulations on the weight loss. Sounds like you are doing good on this type of diet. Sloane is adorable sniffing the roses. I am sure Easter was extra special with her being there. The picture of the peonies and roses make me wistful. It will be at least a month before mine start blooming. So glad I get to enjoy yours today. Take care - Hugs!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Donna. So glad you are able to meet your weight loss goals. I hope your sister's knee surgery went well. Cute pictures of Sloane. So glad you had a nice Easter. All of the food looks delicious! Have a good week. See you again soon!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Those pictures of Sloane smelling roses- such a delight to see. She is growing up so fast. Congratulations on your weight loss. That is a great achievement especially with all the lovely baking you have been doing.
What a wonderful doctor Ruth Ann has. I hope the surgery went well and was a success.
Have a lovely rest of the week x

Sandra Cox said...

Looks like Sloane is going to have the same love of flowers as her grandmama :)
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on your weight loss.
Thank you for including the lovely photographs of Sloane in this post.
I do hope Ruth Ann's surgery and recovery goes well.

Sending my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Catherine said...

Congrats 👏 on your weight loss!
Sloane is cute and growing so fast. Your cooking looks so good . I also try to loose weight and move more not that I feel better!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I am intrigued by that air fried chicken fried steak with ground pork rinds as breading. I’m not a regular purchaser of pork rinds, but I may make an exception for this.

Barwitzki said...

Oh your roses bloom so beautifully.
Thank you for your wonderful photos.
Easter was a wonderful dream... pure sun and warmth and even afterwards there were a few summer sunny days :-)))
All the best to Ruth Ann and all good wishes to you all.

The Happy Whisk said...

Speedy recovery to your sister and congrats on getting the weight down. That's most exciting!!! Cheers, Ivy.