Friday, June 28, 2024

AI...A Birthday, Steak Pattie, Larry and Spooky



Good morning, friends... It's been a week.  Sorry I haven't been around reading blogs, but I think I was just pooped.  You've been where I am... lots to do and it never seems to end.  
Larry had his six-month BCG treatment on Monday.  It's the first time it rocked his world and not in a good way.  We got home, he put the new screen door on the back entrance...we had ordered the cat house for our feral cat, Miss Kitty...so he put that together and we placed it...worked on his computer for a while...nothing strenuous or out of the ordinary for him.  We ate lunch (a pitiful ribeye you'll see later in the post).  He settled in on the recliner sofa for his usual YouTube watching videos about his lasers...later, we both sat down to watch Grantchester on PBS, then getting late, we hit the sack.
Next morning, about 1:30am, I feel him get up.  He went to the restroom then shutting the bedroom door, he went to the back playroom to watch some tv.  I fell back to sleep. He said what woke him was the feeling of extreme fatigue!  I got up about 3:00am, went in search of him...finding him exactly like the photo below.  He said he couldn't explain it...one minute fine, next minute horribly tired.
Well, I know I'm a nurse but good grief...he was going through something I couldn't fix!  So... I threatened him...lol...  "You stay on that sofa all day buster..."..."NO getting up to do anything"! And so, the day went.  By nightfall, he was feeling almost normal.  I had gotten online to look at the side effects of BCG...and there is quite a few...fatigue being the one I was concerned with...but the article calmed me enough that I didn't have to call the doctor's office.  I just gave him anti-inflammatory meds every 6 hours...and said a few prayers.  It all must have worked because waking up the next morning, he said he was back to his old self...
I hate cancer...  

 

Both the top photo and this one were done with AI.  I tried to find a photo of me to use but none worked.  I wear my hair up...true...I wear glasses...true...but no way am I that pretty! lol
Nor is Libby that old looking!  Oh well...it was fun trying it out with Bing Creator.



Happy 51st Birthday to our daughter, Crystal Anne!  We are so proud of her...and love her, Over the Moon!




All grown up...where'd 51 years GO???






These are supposed to be rib-eyes.  I never noticed the "Rib-eye Steak THIN" on the package!!  That much money for two scrawny pieces of meat???  I'm so mad at myself for not paying better attention!!!  But in all fairness to me...lol...They've never produced "thin steaks"!



Sad looking...As big as a breakfast pork chop!!  I just cooked them in the air fryer!  







Here we are at Dr Espy's office for Larry's BCG treatment.





Here Larry is, the next day!  I have to be honest and say, it scared me.




So, I cooked...It helps calm my nerves.  I made vanilla ice cream for him and peach cobbler...





This is Monday, after the treatment...no problems yet...the new screen door he hung before fatigue grabbed ahold of him the next day.  And yes, I'll be painting that metal door white.





This is the curtain I hung on the back patio door.  Lace...I love lace.






I made him blueberry pancakes this morning...





There's no post without Sloane in it...lol...she keeps us centered.





I roasted a chicken in the air fryer...It wasn't burnt...there was brown sugar in the rub.






Here's the cat house for Miss Kitty...pretty easy to put together.





I received this wonderful card in the mail!!  Thanks to Ann ...who makes me smile even when I don't feel like it... It's adorable!!





We ate at Daves Hot Chicken.  I ordered the "no-spice" so it wouldn't be hot.  Larry ordered the "medium-spice"...Don't think he'll do that again...lol...and the fries were fantastic!





It was good! 







We also ate at Muffin's Cafe in Marlin, Texas.  Great breakfast!  It was a 30-minute drive.






And finally...this photo I grabbed off our security system...What the heck is that light??  Spooky...I had the same thing appear on our back door a while back...what the heck?



Well...guess that's about it for me today...oh...Larry just left to take his 98 yr old Dad to the ER.  He has a pacemaker, and a wire is sticking out of his skin...doctor said to get the ER right now...Say a prayer, would you?
Love you all...so until next time,


13 comments:

Ann said...

So glad everything turned out ok for Larry after a day of rest. Good thing he has you there to keep him in line :)
All your food pictures are making me seriously hungry.. It doesn't help that it's close to my dinner time.
That's a pretty fancy cat house.
Glad you liked your card.

Mari said...

Poor Larry and poor you! That is scary. I'm so glad he's doing better.
Your food is looking so good!

Granny Marigold said...

Good thing you knew what to do for Larry. Hopefully he feels better today.
When you mentioned a house for your feral cat I did NOT think it was going to be a big cat playhouse. What a lucky kitty. Have you managed to get a picture of
him/her?
If and when you find out what that spooky light is please post about it. That's weird.
Love your new screen door 💗

Margaret D said...

Larry certainly over did it after the treatment, but glad he's recovered.
Hope his dad is alright as time has passed since you wrote the post.
I do love AI and use the same one as you do.
Love the card Ann sent you, those faces are gorgeous.
Take care.

Polyester Princess said...

I'm sorry to hear about Larry's fatigue after his BCG treatment, but glad to hear he was almost back to his usual self the next day. I'm sure you treating them to those delicious looking desserts was a great help :-)
Happy birthday to Crystal Anne, and many well wishes to Larry's Dad! xxx P.S. Loving Kitty's cat house but not showing it to our Bess or she'll want one of her own :-) xxx

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I’m so glad to hear that Larry is doing better. I know firsthand how stressful it can be worrying about someone’s health. I was just rummaging around on your food blog, and saved your recipe for CHOCOLATE CHIP SUGAR COOKIES WITH WALNUTS. They look delicious! I know you’re a busy gal, but I wish you would post more on that blog.

Bill said...

Glad to hear that Larry is doing a lot better now. I hope his dad is ok now too. Love the cat house, it's a beauty. Have a wonderful and stress free weekend.

Red Rose Alley said...

First of all, I'm so sorry for what Larry is going through. And what an awful thing that happened to his dad with the pacemaker. I said a prayer for him. I hope he's Ok. Your breakfast at the restaurant looks really good, and the pancakes Yummy! I just made some biscuits and put huckleberry honey on them, very good. I like your new screen door, the edges are quaint. Steak is so expensive at the store these days. I usually get the sirloin steak. What a wonderful photo of Crystal. I hope she had fun on her special day. I do hope Larry gets more energy and the treatments don't knock him out. And lastly, I always love the pink roses on your blog. Oh, and let us know if you ever find out what the light is on your security video. ; )

Take care, Donna.

~Sheri

MadSnapper said...

seeing your husband like that scared me and I already knew he was ok. We never know what our health will do from moment to moment. today i feel better but the last two days my bp went really low and then today a little over normal. I felt extreme fatigue and for the first time in my life went back to bed at 8:30 and slept 4 hours then went to bed that night at 7:30 and slept 8 hours.. i am living with a lot of stress and am blameing that. I will call the doc if it happens again.
Thanks for all your nice comments on my blog, sorry i have not been by. I will try to do better. I love Bing AI and like to play with it,

I saw your comment on Photowanna be and clicked on your name to see what you were up to.. she is a dear friend since 2009. so scary as we deal with health issues for both of us and see evil people stealing from the good ones. I enjoyed your post, and wow on the cat condo/hotel. my son buitl one for his four feral and I will not show them this because they can't afford to buy it and he would.. hope everything levels out and thing go really well today

MadSnapper said...

PS i bought two of those steaks a week agg and they were 16.00, never again...

photowannabe said...

Oh my what a week you have had. Scary things with your sweet hubby. I'm glad things seem to have returned to more normal.
The price of beef is horrendous, no matter thick or thin.
Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I will still do a bit on my blog for a while but will not be posting much on FB. My son's orders, until we get this financial nightmare dealt with.
Sue

Lin said...

That was scary! I'm so glad Larry is back to himself now. Yikes.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Donna. Wow, you have had quite a week! I did not realize that your husband is battling cancer. I hope that he is feeling better after his treatment. My husband almost died from a brain aneurysm in 2017 so I do understand how these men we love can give us quite a scare! The new door that Larry installed looks great. Your steak looks good, even though it was thinner than you expected. We haven't had steaks in quite a while. Your chicken looks good too. I hope that this week goes better for you. God bless! See you again soon!