Thursday, June 13, 2024

Warmer...Buns, Banks and Rant.



 

There will be a short rant later...I also don't usually post things political on my blog but when things are continuously being shoved in my face... I can become a little "witchy" about it.  So...if you'd rather move along, I'll understand...and enjoy the rest of your day.




I think today's post is about toys! lol
I ordered this mug warmer from Amazon.  It's called, Dimux Coffee Mug Warmer.  Auto switch off...you can even warm your candles on it!  Sends out the fragrance without burning the wick!
Works great...and doesn't burn the coffee.





Oh...then I made Cinnamon Buns...and yes I cheated a bit...these are "doctored" buns from Grands.  I added cinnamon sugar, butter and cream to them.  Lordy..so good!




You ever "feel" our plants staring at you? Lolol
Think I'll go water mine...lol




We made it out to our friends cafe...pure country and really good down-home fare...Steak finger basket...




This is a piggy bank for Sloane...Her Lolli (our daughter, Crystal) asked Gampa if he could make her one...You put money in it and continue to do so until they graduate high school...then, they can break into it and use the funds.  He built it Big...and you have to use a hammer to get into it.  I doubt Larry and I will still be around to see it but hopefully, we'll watch from on high...? lol




My sister Ruth Ann...decided she needed puppies to raise and breed to sell... sigh...They are adorable, and she takes care of her dogs but...her health is iffy, at best.  If I try to talk to her about adding more stress to her daily life...I get told to shut up and mind my business.  Oh well...so be it.




This was staged but it would make the Border Patrol's lives so much easier! lol 
Trust me...here in Central Texas, that border isn't that far away.  Illegals are still pouring in...Don't listen to the Media...Biden signed a garbage bill the other day...it does nothing to protect us All...He just wants his voters to think he's doing something so they'll continue to give him their vote...13 Million as of today…Ask us voters who live next to the border what we think about how he's doing...lolol





Larry finally made us this "Day of the Week" clock!  We love it!  We used to laugh when older folks said they couldn't figure out what day it was...No More!  We certainly get it...


Okay...warning...rant time...



Okay...I was watching videos on YouTube yesterday...a cooking video that wasn't really that interesting so my eyes wandered over the page... See the colorful eyes?  See what it says when you run your mouse over it?  "Meet the Drag Community"????
I searched high and low for a way to get it off the page but it wouldn't let me...If you look on your link, it's there...
This crap sickens me...and if you like it...well, scroll on by...let's be clear...I don't give a ratsa$$ what you do in your life...dress up like a cat for all I care...but...Stop shoving it down my throat!  I don't want to have to see this stuff everywhere I look!  I keep my sex life private, as it should be...It's about 5% of the nation now...that are doing this...so called Influencers.  To me, it's just pure evil garbage.  I do Not want this around my babies and I'm proud to say it! Stand UP for how you feel...  Come on November 5th!!!  Vote this crap out...
Rant, now over...








How cute is this!  The envelope was a little worse for wear when it arrived but the card was safe.  Our post office is showing signs of the times...
Thanks to Ann ...I got another big smile today!  Thank you Miss Ann!!




We got to pick up our little Sloane from daycare...seems it was just in time before the rain storm hit on Tuesday...!  The kids were heading to Port Aransas, Texas on Wednesday, for a few days of rest.





This apparently, was a real thing, back in the day...Can you imagine?



Well...guess I'll go find something to do...








Got the urge to make and can some Cherry Jam.  This digital canner is a "set and go" canner.  I don't know how I've made it in life, without it!  It's by Presto.  I got it on Amazon.  It's a water bath and pressure canner!  Love it...
Taste wonderful!  I used three cans of tart cherries and the juice.  SO easy.
Well, guess I'll go find some more mischief to get into.
Hope you are enjoying your week and are safe and well, wherever you are.
So, until next time...


22 comments:

Visits With Mary said...

I soooo agree with your rant, Mr D and I have said the same thing many times. Great post today, sure wish I had one of your cinnamon rolls with my coffee♥

Jenny the Pirate said...

YES girl, rant on. God help us. The things I see in the "news" literally make me want to punch someone in the throat! Like the article the other day about some trans person saying it wanted to get a uterus and ovaries installed so that it could be the first trans "woman" to have an abortion! Can you imagine the evil mind required to come up with such a thing? OK so I went to YT and looked for the made-up eyes but today its' a swish of color and when you mouse over it, it says Meet the Speed Painting Community ... whatever that is. I hear and agree with you that it's time to stand up to these nasty bullies and just say NO. To switch to a more enjoyable topic, I wanted to say THANK YOU for the envelope you sent for Dagny's birthday. She has seen it but she knew she can't open it until tomorrow at her party! I told her about how when she was born, you sent a big box of presents and then turned around a week or so later and sent ANOTHER big box of presents, hahaha! "Just because ..." ... just because your tender heart overflows. We know and love you in this house although we may not meet until eternity in heaven. Have a great weekend and get a lot of smooches in on that Sloane babydoll! And tell Larry I think his projects are wonderful and so clever, and tell Ruth Ann I said she's a nut to add two dogs to her life right now. Good grief girl ... hahahaha xoxo

Red Rose Alley said...

That cherry jam looks soooo good. I miss the days of canning jams. Little Sloane looks darling in this picture. That's so nice of grandpa to make her a piggy bank for her college days. That is something that the kids are doing now, which is a smart thing to do. I hope Ruth Ann does well with raising these pups and selling them. I hope they get to a good home. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing. Good idea to add extras like cinnamon and butter to them. That's a cool coffee warmer. I just spilled my coffee all over this morning. Grinds everywhere, it was a mess! Must have been going too fast. And lastly, about the illegals coming in.....no one wants dangerous people coming through here, of course, but some of these people just want a better life, and I can understand that. : )

~Sheri

Wanda said...

I SO AGREE! SO SICK OF EVIL BEING PORTRADED AS GOOD! Loved everything on your post. Sorry I've been slow in responding. Lot's going on!

Ann said...

I stand in agreement with your rant. I'm sick to death of always hearing about gay rights, transgender this and so on and so forth. Tell me why I should worry about not offending them when I'm constantly being offended.
I like that mug warmer, I might need one of those.

Mari said...

Sloane is just so cute! That's a mischievous grin. :)
The piggy bank is a great idea.
I've heard about those cinnamon rolls with cream. I need to try it.
I'm so intrigued by that canner. I'll be checking that out!
I'm with you on the rant. I'm so tired of having it pushed at me all the time. I went to you tube and it's not on mine - so far!

Margaret D said...

We down here in this house haven't seen anything on YouTube as you did. Husband watches it most evenings. I don't care for it to be flashed in my face either all the time. Sloane is lovely as usual.
Amused at the hair on the mans chest..lol. You do a good post and I always get a smile from them - thanks for that.

dori said...

A rich post - and many smiles went over my face and also some anger, you know..

Cherry-jam! I LOVE cherries! We have a lot of cherries here in the garden on he tree and I cannot stop to steel a lot of them the birds!

The box for collecting money for Sloane is very nice and special. What a good idea from Larry! It makes me smiling and also thinking about the time..
Sloane has beautiful eyes and beautiful Grandgrand parents!

O the plants need water - I see it!!

The political situation is so complicated. Here in Europe we are afraid and distressed and everyone has another opinion. Maybe it's a big fight in heaven, and the big men here are only puppies of the great fight.. Jesus is the victim!

Ruth Ann and the sweet young dogs: I cannot imagine, that she can sell them later. Maybe you will get them? :) :) :)

Many greetings and blessings to you and to your big family from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

dori said...

Ein gehaltvoller Beitrag – und viele Lächeln huschten über mein Gesicht und auch etwas Ärger, weißt du …

Kirschmarmelade! Ich LIEBE Kirschen! Wir haben hier im Garten viele Kirschen am Baum und ich kann nicht aufhören, den Vögeln viele davon zu klauen!

Die Kiste zum Sammeln von Geld für Sloane ist sehr schön und besonders. Was für eine gute Idee von Larry! Sie bringt mich zum Lächeln und lässt mich auch an die Zeit denken …

Sloane hat wunderschöne Augen und wunderschöne Urgroßeltern!

Oh, die Pflanzen brauchen Wasser – ich sehe es!!

Die politische Situation ist so kompliziert. Hier in Europa sind wir ängstlich und verzweifelt und jeder hat eine andere Meinung. Vielleicht ist es ein großer Kampf im Himmel und die großen Männer hier sind nur Püppchen des großen Kampfes … Jesus ist der Sieger!

Ruth Ann und die süßen jungen Hunde: Ich kann mir nicht vorstellen, dass sie sie später verkaufen kann. Vielleicht bekommst du sie? :) :) :)

Viele Grüße und Segen an dich und deine große Familie von Dori aus dem Bayerischen Wald

dori said...

I mean: JESUS IS THE VICTOR OUR SALVATOR!

😇🌹

dori said...

JESUS ​​IST DER SIEGER, UNSER RETTER!


😇🌹

Lin said...

I'm glad you said it. I feel like Alice in Wonderland most days.

Now...for a laugh..

I told Joe that I witnessed my first "Tennessee Dunking" at the YMCA pool yesterday. Two kids, messing around trying to dunk each other. One girl climbed up on the shoulders of the other and yelled "In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost...I BAPTIZE YOU!" And then pushed her under. Kid you not. I cracked up.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Your rant could have been my rant. God, but I am sick to death of this garbage! I agree with you, do what you want, but do it away for me. And stop calling cosplaying men, women. Without the double X chromosomes, they’re still men no matter how much cosplaying they want to do. As far as men competing in women’s sports because they failed their own, don’t get me started.

Have a great weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

Your Presto pressure canner looks intriguing. And...the jam looks so good. I do love cherry jam.

diane b said...

Love the money box idea. As for politics, we looking into the USA from outside can't understand how a country with hundreds of millions of people can't find two better candidates for president. Neither inspire us as leaders of the world.

Linda said...

100% agree with the political thoughts...I always enjoy seeing Sloane, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

Jeanette said...

Yes, preach it sister! I totally agree with you! This whole administration and the past 3+ years have been a complete clown show! Sloan is so cute and that bank is a great idea! XO

photowannabe said...

Right on Donna..Dave and I rant about all of this all the time. Evil is evil..plain and simple.
Illegal is illegal...Do it right within the law or don't do it.
Our Pres. has made us the laughing stock of the world.
It is scary how far the "influencers" have gone..
Pray
Love your sweet Sloane and those cinnamon buns too.
Sue

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Sloane's money box will be a wonderful gift for when she graduates. Always good to see a new photo of her.

MadSnapper said...

when my kids were small I made cinnabuns that way and also used a medicine bottle to cut the center our of canned cheap biscuits and fried the holes and the donuts. they loved them, I dipped them in sugar or powdered sugar.

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my goodness. I just gained five pounds looking at those cinnamon rolls;)
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww Sloane is just so cute, that's a great photograph of her.
I think the piggy bank is a very good idea.

All the best Jan