Saturday, June 1, 2024

June...Chicken, Reunions and Pugtummys.


Good morning, Friends...Welcome to June.  I hope all the storms are passing you by.  There are still so many without power!  Praying they get the power back on soon! Also praying for a wonderful June!

I threw another chicken into the air fryer...It was day old because Larry was taking his Dad (98) to a "family" reunion at his cousin's house.  Larry's Dad wasn't going to go, at first...but they were celebrating his brother Harvey's, birthday, with lunch and cake so, he changed his mind and called Larry and asked if he would take him.  So...and no... I didn't go...I had tried for years to get that side of the family to love and care about each other but to no avail...pulling teeth, as it were.  Do I need to go now?  I'm 72...haven't heard from them in 7 or 8 years...and when I did, it was constant gossip about everyone else!  I've had 51 years of that behavior... I don't like that kind of "love" so, I'm now just going to stay away...tired of throwing my "pearls" before swine? lol...It stems from jealously over Larry's Dad starting a plumbing business back in the 1960's, making a great company of it...having his brothers come work for him...and gradually having resentment set in because the brothers (and the wives) wanted to be part of management, with all the perks...not happening.  They didn't want anything to do with running a corporation back in the day...Gerald would have shared ownership...but no takers.  So, Gerald worked his butt off making a go of it and it cost him his family in the long run.  My thoughts?  Never hire family!  

I don't want any more drama.  I got things to do...like scrubbing out toilets...yeah, that's how I roll...and Larry's fine with it.

I'm better than a Soap Opera...lolol...intense story lines, and all...lolol

 

And That's why the roasted chicken was had for the next day's lunch.  I'd just taken it out of the refrigerator in the above photo...but after about 30 minutes back in a hot oven, it crisped back up. Turned out really good.  Larry made a lemon sauce  (you know how chicken gets dry if you refrigerate it) ... Really needs to be eaten on the day you cook it.



Oh, and I'm also down 10.1 pounds!  I might cook a lot of goodies but my willpower seems to be stronger than ever! lol...I'm tired of how those extra pounds make me feel!  Now, 10 more to go!  Hopefully, by the end of July?  Maybe...
 
 
 
  
 
Gerald (Larry's Dad, L, and his brother Harvey on the R)


Our sweet great granddaughter, Sloane doing inspections on her car...You know things need to be in tip top shape for the Summer travels! lol

 

 Sloane got to go to a swim party...here she is with her cousin, Arlis...They've spotted something new...lolol...decisions, decisions!  Should we or shouldn't we?!  They didn't...lol

 

 

An added source of fun was keeping Sloane on Wednesday...She was telling me all about how things were 'gonna be! lol...We'd been missing her so I called Samantha and asked if she'd drop her off with us when heading for work...she agreed, and it was off to the races! lol

Lordy, we love her so much!  It was a fun day.  Our lives have shifted into the "old people" gear...and occasionally, we need a kick-start! lol...Sloane did that for us...

 

Makes me remember our days on the family farm back in 1960-1963... (my parents thought we could learn a lot on a farm...so they bought one) and a story for another day...it involves a nut that thought my sister, Ruth Ann, was the Virgin Mary...remind me to tell it later...lol

 



I also planted a couple honeysuckles in pots, just to get things started.  One went directly into the ground...we'll see which works out better.


Then while looking around, I saw this ??? growing and blooming!  I recognize the leaves but can't recall the name...





Have you ever seen a mushroom like this?  Started out looking like an umbrella then ended up with a flat top?
I pulled them all up and chunked them because of the dogs.


Truth!!

 
 
Our Libby's tummy was acting up...hope she didn't eat any of the mushrooms...or I'm thinking it could be the new senior dog food.  I'm going shopping today for the sensitive tummies brand.  


 
 
Well, I suppose that's it for me...for now...Please stay safe wherever you are!  Be prepared!  Storms can pop up at a moment's notice...
SO, until next time... 

21 comments:

Margaret D said...

Those memes are good, sure do make me laugh.
What happened for there to be no power for some people?
Fortunately, we don't have family squabbles, I don't have any siblings and my husband has just two sisters, and we are fine with our sons. Yes, sons, my husband and I we did work together and it's good, it turned out well for us, but understand what you are saying.
Loved baked chicken and you are correct it gets dry in the fridge mostly.
Take care.

Ann said...

Aw, there's Sloane again on her little pink riding toy. She's so adorable.
Hearing about Larry's family makes me think of my ex husbands family. I never really enjoyed being around them.
That chicken sure looks tasty.

Barwitzki said...

Completely agree with you - at some point you have to arrive in life. No, we don't dance at all weddings anymore :-)) we do what we enjoy now... ha!
Enjoy life.
And when I see the sweet little ones - what could be nicer?
A hug to you from Viola.
I wish you a wonderful June.

Sooze said...

I've unfriended some family and friends on Facebook, there comes a time when we're just not prepared to put up with their behaviour anymore. We're getting more warm sunshine days here now, although still having the occasional rainy and cold windy day - somebody should tell the weather gods that we like all 4 seasons, and in the right order!

Linda said...

I about spat out my coffee on your cow graphic, thanks for the smiles. Sloane is just so perfect, smiles. I have no family on FB or social media, I do not need their drama, period, which is probably why I am the social pharaoh, LOL. Have a beautiful day. smiles

Mari said...

Good one today!
I don't blame you for missing that. You've tried and no need to put yourself through it again.
Love the memes today, especially the missed belt loop and the cow! :)
Hooray for you for losing 10 pounds. I keep saying I have to get going, but I don't.
Sloan is just the sweetest, that pic of her on the car is adorable.

dori said...

Hope x your dear dog feels better now and that you found a better food for him!

You have a lot of tasks and so you have to fill your free time with loving moments.

Sloane is lovely! O she is growing!

Its a blessing, that Larry can acceppt your opinion and feelings! Thiss a basic for all the good things which come from you to your family.

I wait for the story of Mary-Ruth-Ann! :)

A farm is a good school, I think the same. But not each farm..

No more tornados please!

Many greetings and blessings to you from Dori from the Bavarian Forest!

P.S.: Congratulations for 10 Kilo less! Really another 10 Kilo less till end of July?

dori said...

Hoffe, deinem lieben Hund geht es jetzt besser und dass du ein besseres Futter für ihn gefunden hast!

Du hast viele Aufgaben und musst deine Freizeit deshalb mit liebevollen Momenten füllen.

Sloane ist süß! Oh, sie wächst!

Es ist ein Segen, dass Larry deine Meinung und Gefühle akzeptieren kann! Das ist die Grundlage für all die guten Dinge, die von dir an deine Familie gehen.

Ich warte auf die Geschichte von Mary-Ruth-Ann! :)

Ein Bauernhof ist eine gute Schule, finde ich auch. Aber nicht jeder Bauernhof..

Bitte keine Tornados mehr!

Viele Grüße und Segenswünsche von Dori aus dem Bayerischen Wald!

P.S.: Glückwunsch zu 10 Kilo weniger! Wirklich noch einmal 10 Kilo weniger bis Ende Juli?
Feedback geben

Jeanette said...

Sloan must have had a little growth spurt! She looks so big! Loved the memes! I don't blame you for not going to the birthday party. Who needs more drama these days?! Good job on the weight loss!

Catherine said...

Hope the weather will settle down!
I just come back from our outing and it’s nice to read you blog and have a good laugh with your cartoons! Makes my day!
I know it must be so good to have babies back in the house. I will have two in three weeks now and I am really impatient . Sloane is very cute.
I don’t know where your mushrooms are coming from? The space 😆 ?
I did the same as you did with my mother’s family and I feel fine!

ashok said...

Yummy chicken!
Sloane is so cute..
Fun post

Polyester Princess said...

First up, I am admiring your willpower! Well done for being down down 10.1 pound, I'm sure you'll be able to lose the remaining 10 pound by end of July!
I am also hearing you on the family issue. Well done on deciding enough is enough and keeping away!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your newly planted honeysuckle! One of my favourite scents in the whole world!
Oh, and thank you for sharing your photos of cutie-pie Sloane in her divine little bathing suit and inspecting her lovely pink car! xxx

Bill said...

Enjoying life, great update and photos. Have a fantastic month of June.

maureenlthompson said...

Found you from a comment on another blog. Her in and him out. I am adding you to my blog list. Maureen in MO.
ilikeknittingandsewing.blogspot.com

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haahaha I love that last one! Yeah I can go in a garage and say I'm a car but it don't make it so. This world has gone crazy. Looks like Sloane has a handle on things, standing there telling it like it is! And the chicken with lemon sauce ... yowza!!!! I don't blame you for sitting out Larry's "family reunion" hahaha! I'd stay home with a cuppa and a book and perhaps a lovely cozy nap. xoxo

photowannabe said...

I'm glad you were able to come to terms with "family" issues. what's left of family seems to get along rather well. Having no siblings solved that problem for me. Sons get along fine even though they live in different states.
Hope your pup feels better asap.
Oh my, that little tummy peeking out is so cute. Sloane is so cute. I don't blame you for wanting to see her.
Don't know what the flower is but its pretty as are its leaves.
Hmm those mushrooms look dangerous. glad you chucked them. They are definitely photo fodder though.
Sue

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I understand about family issues, but I thank God that ours are resolved. All your good makes me hungry and that German chocolate cake from your other post looked outstanding. Good for you in losing 10 pounds, Donna. Your little Sloane and her cousin looked so cute together. She’ll be in high school before you know it!
Happy June!

Sandra Cox said...

I thought that mushroom was artificial! ;)

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on your weight loss.
A very good collection of memes.
Sweet picture of Sloane on her car/vehicle.

All the best Jan

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Sloane is such a good tonic and pick me up. She makes me smile each time I see her.
Congratulations on those pounds dropping off and I hope they continue to disappear through the summer.

ashok said...

Awesome post