Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Collages...Will, Tim, and PF Chang


Good morning, Friends...I thought I'd try out collages since I have a tendency to post a lot of photos... ( I heard that! lol ).  
Sloane and cousin, Arlis out to watch the fireworks.




Our sweet grandson, William, came for a really quick visit.  He showed up on Wednesday but had to leave on Friday because his truck kept stalling out.  He wanted to get back to Cabot, Arkansas, to the AF base where he's stationed.  If repairs took too long to do here, it would present a problem with him getting back by Sunday for work on Monday.  He said there's a repair shop on base he'd rather use, just to be safe.  Our baby took his testing for Staff Sergeant (E5) a while ago and will hear results in August. 


Our Sloane and Uncle William



William's fur baby, Kiley...so sweet.  He found her in the pound and rescued her...for some reason, black dogs have trouble getting adopted...I can't imagine why...she's adorable and smart!



Will leaving and our little daredevil, Sloane.  She's not quite 2 yet but doesn't let that stop her!  Doesn't need Momma to help her once she gets the hang of something.







Mommy Sam and Sloane






This is so cool!





We went to PF Chang's yesterday...We won't be going again.  It wasn't the price...it was the food...and the food all over the floor...and the waitstaff.  It was like walking into an old Taco Bell...I know most Asian restaurants put MSG in the food...okay, no problem...but the amount of ginger?  Overpowering!  Strong!  It's supposed to be orange chicken, not "Slap yo' Momma Silly, Hot Ginger chicken"...Then, while cleaning tables, we watched the young man wipe all the crumbs from the tables onto the floor!  Who does that??? Anyway, when leaving, I told Larry to watch where he stepped...That's all we need is for one of us to slip and fall.  I kid you not...it was that bad.  I wished I'd shot a photo of it but, we just wanted out. 









I made William his favorite, sausage gravy and biscuits.





Ribs and Sweet Bacon Beans





Air fryer chicken and smashed potatoes






Well...I guess that's about it for me this week.  Hope you all made it through the storms.  We got a
little rain but not much.  Daughter and SIL Tim, got a lot...they live close to Houston and we're just now finding out they have no power...over 2 million are once again, without power!  Houston is shut down...Tim said he had a generator wired into the house about a month ago, so they do have lights and air...thank God...Crystal hasn't said a word about the no power thing!  Bad girl!  Didn't want us to worry...Tim will be heading home again when he's done doing whatever he does...lol
 Tim (SIL) just paid us a surprise visit on his way to another job.  He works for Praxair.




So, until next time...


 

22 comments:

Jeanette said...

How nice that you got a visit from Will! Such a handsome guy! Rich and I went to PF Chang's a few months ago after not going for quite a few years. Very disappointed and how it has gone downhill! Love the collages and Sloan is so darn cute! Stay cool my friend!

Ann said...

Nice to have William home for a visit. Best of luck to him on his promotion. Love all the photos of Sloane. My daughter Amanda was fearless like Sloane when she was a little one.

Mari said...

Nice to have a visit from your grandson! He's as good looking as the rest of the family.
Sloane is such a hoot! So cute being independent.
Love that trick photo!
I like your collages too. I'll have to see if I can do that - I post a lot of pictures too.

MadSnapper said...

Sloane is adorable and Will is handsome and so happy he rescued the black dog. our Big Boy we adopted him at age 7 because he was a senior and black and no one wants them.. that sounds awful about the restaurant. I saw the 2 million without power on TV this morning, prayers for all of them and for your family and for the E5 promotion.

Sandra Cox said...

Sweet collage pics:) Best of luck to William on the Staff Sarg position.
Hugs

photowannabe said...

That Sloane of yours...too cute and I just love her expressions. Looks like you had a fabulous family time. Precious memories.
We haven't been to PF Chang's in a few years. We were so disappointed over the food and rudeness of some of the staff. Considering the prices and the food we have not been back.Too much ginger is awful for me.
Yikes on so many out of power. thank goodness Tim has a generator. Your food photos are making me hungry.
I'm making chicken divan for dinner tonight. Think the chicken is cooled enough so I can get it off the bones and into the casserole.
We are still in our heat wave but its only going to be 103F today instead of the last week of 113F...ugh
Sue

Erin said...

How lovely to have Will visit. Our second oldest grandson is a Marine stationed in Okinawa and has only gotten home once in 4 years. (Thanks to Covid). We're still without power in Klein ... we don't have a generator but every hurricane makes us think maybe we should! Luckily we'd just cleaned out our garage freezer so at least we won't lose much. The heat, though, without A/C is brutal!

Bill said...

Looks like Sloane and her cousin had a fun time together. I'm sure it was a nice time when your grandson came to visit. It's too bad about your eating out experience, I wouldn't be going back either, with those conditions I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of business. Thanks for this wonderful post and have a great rest of the week.

DeniseinVA said...

These are definitely happy posts for me and I leave smiling every time. Great to see all the photos of your family, and the ever sweet and adorable Sloane. So nice to meet William too with his good heart in rescuing Kiley. She looks like our Bridgette. She was part black lab and part dalmation, mostly black with a blaze of white and black spots on her chest and on her front paws. We had her for 15 years and there are times I miss her wagging tail banging on the garage door when she heard us come home. It was such a happy sound. I wish William all the best on getting his staff sergeant position and hope he gets his vehicle sorted out without too much trouble. The food looks real yummy. It’s been years since I went to P. F. Changs, they did great Singapore Noodles if I am remembering correctly. Too bad you had such a bad experience. It is always disappointing when that happens. Thanks for another great post. Enjoy the rest of your week and sending hugs.

Margaret D said...

You always make me laugh if not laughing at your posts with the things either you say or memes, it's a gift you have - so well-done Donna.
Where you had that chicken doesn't sound too good, never seen or heard of a waitress/waiter doing what that man did, it's disgusting.
The children are a delight, lovely photo of the grandson and so on.
Take care.

Lin said...

So many good things in one post! Sloane is adorable, as usual. Sweet to see William and Tim. Looks like you had a nice holiday with all that going on!

We avoid chain restaurants like the plague. Mostly because of my Celiac, but also because of what you wrote about. I watch the health scores of the restaurants here and I really wonder if anyone else does. It's an eye opener for sure!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

What a delightful family visit. The Chinese food looked good until you described the restaurant and I lost my appetite. I'm wondering where in Houston do they live...my son and his family live in Conroe, a suburb of Houston. They have had no power since Monday but supposedly it will come back on Wednesday night.

Polyester Princess said...

Collages are the way forward :-)
How lovely that you got a visit from your grandson, and I am positively swooning over cutie-pie Sloane's 4th of July dress! She is absolutely adorable! xxx

Dianna said...

That Sloane is so adorable! How nice that William came to spend some time with you. And I love your blue and white dishes. I'm a sucker for blue and white. 💙🤍

Granny Marigold said...

I would have had a hard time even eating my meal in that restaurant. Sounds so unpleasant.
I didn't know that black dogs have trouble getting adopted. We had a Black Lab for years. He was a cutie. On the subject of cuties...Sloane and her cousin are a couple of darlings💗💗
Great collages. I have yet to learn how to do them.

Jennifer said...

Hope Will was able to get his truck fixed. I did not know that about black dogs...but I can venture a guess as to why:) So enjoyed all your pictures! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I liked your collages, Donna! It was nice of Will to visit you. I hope all goes well for him in the AF.
That’s pretty disgusting about your PF Chang’s experience. I did like your hidden Jesus picture.
We are into the heat of summer here in Texas, aren’t we? Keep cool 😎

Sandra Cox said...

That Sloane is awfully cute. Before I gave up meat, sausage gravy and biscuits was one of my favorites. Hugs

ashok said...

Sloane is so adorable 😍
Happy to see the family pics

Catherine said...

My baby William is crying now !
Yours is a grownup one! Nice to see a picture of him. Sloane is doing a lot of different sports now 😜.
Love the food you cooked !
Have a nice week. For me it is the last of the three weeks…

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

It was lovely that William was able to surprise you with a short visit on his way back to his base and that you were able to spoil him with your wonderful cooking.
Sloane is having a fun as always. Such a joyful little treasure.
Shame about your meal at the restaurant but I'm not surprised you won't be returning.
Wishing you happiness this week x

Jenny the Pirate said...

Uh oh, I'm so sorry about Tim and Crystal being powerless for a while. I hope that's all resolved by now! That's what I fear the most in a storm! I have never been to a PF Chang's but I love love love Chinese takeout! We have a restaurant here called Sun Ming that is my fave but it's gotten SO expensive! Still I crave it, hahaha! General Tso's Chicken, mmmmmm ... xoxo