Saturday, September 14, 2024

Cats...Cake, Shrimp and Steak

 

Good morning, Friends...The temps have been better but I think they'll be on the rise next week, again...90's again...Ugg

Larry goes in for his 6 month Cysto wash on Monday for the bladder cancer.  No signs of a reoccurrence of any cancer cells and that's a good thing!



Miss Kitty (our feral cat) perched up high on the old dead tree stump, surveying her kingdom...lol.  She's under and over all sorts of places, as you can see by the bits of web in her fur...but we're just happy she now comes in the house whenever she wishes by the dog door...and she's lately, started sleeping on our bed at night!!  I know it's a silly thing to be excited over but at least she'll hopefully be warm this Winter!  I'm letting a little more time go by before we take her into the Vet's office for an exam and some injections.  Maybe they can tell us how old she might be...





I threw together a pound cake...vanilla.  






I remember my Mom and her switch...lol...We were really good when she threatened to use it!   lol   Today's kids have no idea...I never used one, but I think just the thought of it makes a kid use his or her brain...to make good choices.  This was old school...





I got busy on the quilting...really need to get it finished!





Then I made Shrimp Fettuccini...Goodness, it was good! 







I did some experimenting with using Ramen Noodle Soup...You know, the food that gets most college kids through school on the cheap?  Lol
In a separate sauté pan, I lightly browned onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and cut chicken sandwich meat into strips, then fried.  Goodness!!  It was a hit!  Larry and I both loved it, and I will be making this again!









I was in a hurry to get back to my sewing, so I threw these steaks into my cast iron pan to cook.  I know...sacrilege...but I know if I tarry too long, I'll lose my momentum.  I've wasted too much time as it is.   





Added green beans...




Along with some lemon pepper shrimp.




Then a little cinnamon roll baked in my air fryer...oh, that was good!







And can't have a post without our little Sloane...She had ear surgery again!  New tubes...sweet baby girl!






Ann sent another lovely card!!  How she comes up with all her ideas, I have no idea, but her work is so pretty!  Thank you, Miss Ann!!









Well, that's about it for me this week.  We don't have much planned for next week except Larry's treatment.  Our grandkids (Ty & Sara stationed in Hungary, are coming to Tim & Crystal's (Outside of Houston) on the 18th I believe...Larry and I will travel down to see them on the 22nd.  Can't wait to see them!
So, until next time...Hope you all are well and happy and safe...


16 comments:

Linda said...

I didn't see anything after cake (lolol)---I am allergic to shrimp, sadly. But the rest of it looks really good! And Sloan just makes my day, have a lovely Saturday my friend.

photowannabe said...

Awww sweet Sloane, I do hope these new ear tubes will do the trick. No more pain!!
Your meals look so good. I'm actually doing something similar for dinner tonight. Its Udon packaged and frozen noodles and veggies and me adding left over chopped up pork chops and leftover peas. Perfect since our appetites aren't back to full swing since our colds.
How wonderful that you can see some of your family next week.
I agree with your quotes and cartoons.
Prayers for Larry and his procedure next week.
Sue

Mari said...

Glad for that good report and Larry and prayers for the procedure next week.
You are a great and creative cook. I like the ramen idea!

MadSnapper said...

All the food sounds delicious and looks delicious I have never eaten ramen noodles but I know what they are and that recipe looks easy. I am not one to cook but even I could cook that. Prayers for your husband and his procedure. Sloan looks like she's somewhere between clapping her hands and praying

MadSnapper said...

I forgot to comment on the part that I love the most! The fact that you have a sweet feral cat that comes and goes at well and sleeps on your bed. My son Dan has three cats and two dogs inside and four ferals outside but his ferals are no longer feral and one of the three that's inside was feral but is now an inside cat. I love that part of your story

Prims By The Water said...

Sloane is a cutie. Glad surgery went well. Loved all of the food pics. Chef Bob made us bbq pork chops with apple bbq sauce, grilled asparagus with fresh parmesan and stuffed mushrooms.. It was delish. Hope kitty gets use to coming inside. She will like it so much better when the cold weather comes in Janice

Granny Marigold said...

I hope Larry's procedure on Monday goes well.
That cake looks wonderful...all that icing.Yum
Those ear tubes are such wonderful things. Son#3 had to have them inserted at least twice before he outgrew the need for them. Never did really understand how that works ( outgrowing them, I mean).

Ann said...

I always get hungry when I come to your blog. Everything looks so delicious. I never would have thought of doing something like that with ramen noodles.
I love that the feral cat is getting so comfortable with you. How sweet that it comes in and sleeps with you.

Red Rose Alley said...

First, I'm so sorry about Sloane having ear surgery and then tubes, poor baby. I do hope they help her. The food on here looks amazing - don't know where to start. Well, I'll start with the shrimp fettuccini - it looks delicious! Oh, how I love that blue quilt you are working on. The colors are so pretty. I love the switch pic. Although, it was never used in my house or growing up, kids today do need a little discipline I think. A delightful post, Donna, and I still like Ramen Noodles every now and then with nothing added - but yours sounds so much better. And now, I'll have a piece of that vanilla cake with my coffee. ; )

~Sheri

Polyester Princess said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Larry's treatment goes well.
Oh my goodness, what a stunner Miss Kitty is. I can totally get your excitement that she's coming inside and even sleeping on your bed!
The Shrimp Fettuccini is looking mouth-wateringly delicious and surely that Ramen noodle soup is the epitome of comfort food!
Little Miss Sloane is as cute as ever, but oh the poor thing having to have ear surgery again :-) xxx

Hanielle Baker said...

cutie kitty! and the foods look delicious.


Aqualine Steel Rainwater Tanks

Bill said...

I hope Larry's treatment goes well. It's nice that the Miss kitty has found your house nice and comfortable, she found the right people. I hope that Sloane's ears get better, it's so sad that she has to go through this. Have a wonderful week.

DeniseinVA said...

Sorry that Sloan had to have tubes put in. I remember all the ear problems I had when I was little. I really feel for her. That’s good news about Larry, happy to read that. I always enjoy the pictures you share at the beginning of your posts Donna. The mice one is very pretty! Miss Kitty sounds like she is making herself at home. I don’t think it's silly at all, knowing she will be safe this winter, that’s wonderful! Talking about wonderful, all your food, yum! I never used a switch, a good talking to was about it and that was oh no, the talking to, always worked, lol! Your blue colored quilt is gorgeous! Loved Ann’s card, always a pleasure to receive them. A busy week for you and next sounds like. Great that you will be seeing family. Will be thinking of Larry and his procedure. Thanks for another great post.

Dianna said...

I think I want to come live with you...your food always looks amazing!
I hope Larry's treatment goes well this week. Please keep us posted.
Family times are the best...glad you are going to see some more of yours on the 22nd.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope Larry's treatment went well today. Hard to see those little ones have surgery and ear tubes but so worth it not to have ear infections all the time. I always use my cast iron skillet for steak! Have a good week:)

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

You are taking such good care of Miss Kitty and she now has the life she deserves. I wonder which of the two mice she prefers!
Cake looks yummy :-) and I'm liking the noodles recipe too.
Lovely to see a smiley Sloane and hope the new ear tubes help her.
Have a great week x