Sunday, October 6, 2024

Surgery...Oct 9th


 

Good morning, friends!  Well, the time has come for my eye surgery.   I will be out of commission for 7 to 10 days.  I will have to hold my head with chin to chest for at least 12 hrs. a day.  I suppose the other 12 hrs., I'll be resting, chin down...somewhere. lol

I will get breaks from that position for bathroom and meals but only 15 minutes at a time.  I hate Macular Holes...I've already been through this with my left eye...now it's the right eye.  The sooner you see a doctor, if your eyesight goes a bit wonky, the better the repair is.  IF you were to wait 6months to a year...there's no guarantees, it can be fixed.  I happen to like being able to see straight! So, as soon as I noticed a change, I checked in with the doctor.

SO... this means I don't know when I'll be able to do my next post... (lucky you!  lol) but I'll be back as soon as I'm able...I also will find it hard to read and leave comments on your blogs...please forgive me...so...

 DO BEHAVE WHILE I'M GONE...lolol




Our old buddy Henry from school days, stopped by for a visit...





Click on the photos...they enlarge so you can read them better.





Aren't these interesting facts?  lol





Daughter Crystal and hubby Tim on the way to a wedding...such sweet faces...




Grandson William always acts up when someone tries to take his picture...SIL Tim joined in! lol





Miss Kitty resting on the back of the sofa...



Finally got a current photo of Will and new girlfriend, Caitlin.  I think she's tiny compared to Will's 6'-1" frame.  Pretty girl...and right now, Will's happy.  That's all that matters to us.




My turn to make the wings...lemon.





I was also in the mood for hot chocolate in a Christmas cup...I added a tiny bit of cinnamon...really good!







Here's my old recipe for Big Red Ice Cream... I made some yesterday...big hit!







Got to keep our greatgran Sloane yesterday...Gampa served her my Big Red Ice cream for the first time...lol...need I say, she loved it?



Made toast in the air fryer!  Worked great!!




The egg??? Lolol...not so much.  I'll stick with a fry pan in future for those!


Well friends...I hope you see you on the other side of my surgery.  Please take care of yourselves!  I'll hopefully "see" you in a few weeks.  Until then...


2 comments:

Linda said...

Adding you to my prayer list. And all that food you listed, yum...and of course, Sloan...just so precious.

Chatty Crone said...

You have a beautiful family.
Best wishes and prayers for your surgery.