Thursday, July 16, 2026

July Rain...Summertime



Good morning, Friends... I keep apologizing for being late, don't I ...lol...well, quilting is my only excuse.  I finished up on our grandsons' quilts...got them labeled...packed up and mailed them off to their Arkansas destination!  I've already had a response from Tylar...as you can see his in the photo below...Will had just now moved and so I had to mail his quilt to Tylar's house, as well.  Will hasn't made it to Ty and Sara's yet to get his...



William's quilt...






I packaged them up in the same box then we took them to UPS for shipping.  They arrived safe and sound. 


Tylar and his funny self...we love him...They just moved into their new house...that's why it looks "undone".





Sloane and her cousin...on the Fourth.




Lottie enjoying a cookie from Gamma...lol



Sloane (far right) and cousins enjoying the holiday.











I buy bananas, cut them up...lay out on parchment paper then freeze for smoothies.  Then I throw the skins out into my flower garden.  Makes great fertilizer.


I made a peach cobbler...but the dough turned out "cakey"...and we weren't impressed with the recipe.


After church, lunch was taken at a new Chinese restaurant...China Star.  Larry enjoyed himself...lol...it was really good.



My plate of shrimp and chicken...very good.



I made pork with gravy and green beans...


I cheated and made cinnamon rolls courtesy of Pillsbury....




Another after church lunch 2 weeks ago...before the restaurant salad and cold stuff contamination thing popped up on my radar.  Bactrim seems to stop the nasty infection you might get...explosive loose bowels for a week or as long as a month!  No more restaurant salads for me!  Not until this infection is stopped!




It was cooler than usual one morning because of the rains... and I whipped up toast and rice cereal.  Hit the spot!



SO TRUE!

Well guys...guess that's about all from me...I've got a new quilt done and at the longarmer's for my granddaughter, Samantha...  called, The Chicken Coop.
Now I'm working on a quilt for my son in love, Tim... a bull rider theme... it's puzzling me.
SO... hope you all stay safe out there...and have a great weekend!
hugs
Donna

23 comments:

Shug said...

lots and lots of cuteness on your post!! and the quilts!!! oh my.. how beautiful they are. you are so talented not only the quilt making area but in the kitchen too!! Thanks for sharing all this goodness .. ♥️

photowannabe said...

Your quilts are totally mind-boggling to me ...
What Works of Art to be cherished forever.
Your little munchkins are growing so fast. Tell the to slow down.
I always like seeing what you have made for your meals.
You are making me hungry.
Sue

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your quilts are amazing! Wow - you have been very busy.

Red Rose Alley said...

What happened to the appliances from long ago? Our parents had their washers, dryers, fridges, tv's for years. Nice job on the quilt, and it looks like grandson loved it. I haven't had peach cobbler in so long. They start to love those little cookie treats at Lottie's age. Funny corn on the cob pic and quote. I hear it's crazy hot in Texas. I love those summer rains. Those cinnamon rolls look amazing. Delightful post, Donna.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your quilts are quite amazing ... wonderful gifts of love.
Great picture of Sloane with her cousins and sweet Lottie eating her cookie.

All the best Jan

Margaret D said...

Talented women you are the quilts are just out of this word, so beautiful. The photos are good and I did laugh at the frog one..lol
Take care, keep well and cool.

Ann said...

Quilting is an excellent excuse. That one for Will is awesome. I love it. Looks like he does too.
I always enjoy seeing sweet Sloane and her little sister.
All that food looks delicious. Looks like Larry got a good assortment at that Chinese restaurant. YUM

Anonymous said...

Shame on the parents of that poor blonde cousin, the swimsuit is two sizes too small for such a rotund child.

NanaDiana said...

Maybe the little girl loves it. Children often decide to wear what they love to wear whether it fits right or not.

NanaDiana said...

Your quilts are so beautiful. I really envy your talent. What a treasure for the people that receive them and have an heirloom for life. Maybe you could adopt me? lol
The kids are so darned cute...and they grow up way too fast.
Happy weekend, my friend. xo Diana

Jenny the Pirate said...

Your quilts are gorgeous as usual but WOW I am loving that one for William! Instant heirloom! I adore Chinese food but your pork with gravy and green beans looks better. And I am well acquainted with the chicken of depression, hahahaha! More's the pity 🤔🏴‍☠️

Donna said...

Lololol…I love you Diana😂🌷🌷🌷

Donna said...

I’d love to! 😂🌷🌷

Linda said...

What a beautiful quilt, smiles. Nice to see you post, Donna. Wishing you a beautiful evening.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Chatty Crone said...

I loved your post. Yours are so interesting.
Your quilts are beautifully made.
I liked your memes and jokes. Must be hot there like Georgia.
I can't believe Sloane has grown up that much. I remember her as a baby. Now she has a sister.
Your food always looks great too.
I agree that they make washing machines too complicated. We got a new one and I just want to wash clothes!!!
I agree too about the veggies and fruit. I think I will hold off for a while.

Jennyff said...

Our fridge freezer went on the blink during hot weather, fortunately it came back to life after husband cleaned and tinkered with the works. We looked at new ones, apparently they can open the door for you if you ask and a knock on the door can turn it transparent so you see inside. I need none of that just a frosty cupboard to safely store food. Such beautiful quilts by the way. x

Linda said...

Your American Flag quilt is gorgeous!! I decided about 5 years ago that I'd make a singe-bed sized quilt for each new grandchild, but I certainly didn't know there would be so many of them. My daughter has a 5th (2nd bday next summer) and my son has a 2nd, soon to have bday #2. And now there's a great-grand baby who will be 2 next summer. I just started one quilt and hope I can get the 3 of them done in time. Your post has inspired me.

Prims By The Water said...

I wish I could quilt as good as you. They are gorgeous! Loved seeing all of the grands and kiddos. They are growing up too fast. I so love Chinese. We also went the other day. No salads for us either now. Dealing with Canadian wildfire smoke now since Wednesday. UGH Janice

Donna said...

So glad it has! Get busy!😂😂

Jeanette said...

I love the quilts you made for your grandsons! Those two little girls are growing fast! So adorable. XO

diane b said...

You are so clever. The quilt looks lovely. The meals look nice too but sorry to hear one caused an upset. It looks hot in the holiday photos. We are still in cool winter weather and loving it.

Kay G. said...

Bless you. Sounds like you have excellent health care! So glad you do! Now, after your post, I am hungry. I wonder why?? Take care!