Monday, May 18, 2009

Went By In A Blur!

Geez! This weekend went by in a Blur!! What did I DO?Hahaa...Isn't it awful when you can't seem to grab the peaceful moments of time? I Know I had some...Hubby went out of town to spend some quality time with his buddy in San Antonio. That left Corky (pooch) and I to hang out together. I cooked...did some reading (James Van Praag's new book, Unfinished Business), cleaned out the refrigerator and listened to the rain...Saturday and Sunday! I suppose I could have gone to see the new Star Trek movie but I really don't like to go alone...the kids were all busy with their own lives (HOW UNFAIR!!Hahaaa...). Oh well, I just patted the dog and kept on reading. UnFinished Business is great! If you get a chance, pick up a copy.
Well, guess I'll get back to work...and wonder if there's a way to make time slow down. Happy Monday everyone!

10 comments:

Brit. (lille meg) said...

Oh, is it raining in yur place?
We have had sunny weather a couple of days now. But tomorrow it will rain here too, I heard...... I hope it will not be true......
Have a nice day in spite of the rain!:-)

Donna said...

Brit- Thanks Sweetie!! The Sun sounds nice! Stay dry!haha..hughugs

Sally said...

Gently raining here all day; I love it and have had my nose in a book also. But, not a new one. The local librarian suggested I read Catherine Cookson (she knows the type I like). The one I just finished was "The Silent Lady" and I believe it was the last one she wrote before she passed away in 1998. Wow, she's an awesome writer!!

Okay, I gotta go now. :)

Daniela said...

I LOVE lazy weekends. Unfortunately I haven't had one in a while..so I'm do.

It's real good for the soul to take a couple of days by yourself to be alone...just be. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Donna said...

Oh! I went and read about The Silent Lady and it sounds Wonderful! I may try to find it here!! Sounds like you'd like English Cozys!
Have a Wonderful night sweetie!! I'd Love to take off and just Read!!hahaa...hughugs


Daniela- It was good! Do what I wanted, When I wanted...for as Long as I wanted!Hahaaa...Happy night sweetie!hughugs

Sandi McBride said...

Can't wait to read James' new book! Lucky you, pooch and a book...what a wonderful weekend!
hugs
Sandi

Donna said...

Sandi-Hi Girl! Hope you're still doing well! The book is Great!! I love the way he thinks!! Happy night to you!!hughugs

Brenda said...

A peaceful weekend is nice sometimes, isn't it? Now, you should take a weekend for an out-of-town trip for you and really get some rest!

Donna said...

Brenda- If Only...hahaa...wouldn't that be nice?!! Happy day sweetie!!hughugs

Jeanette said...

Yes, the weekends go by way too fast! Sounds like you had a good one!!