Monday, September 14, 2009

"A Give-a-Way in Ben's Name"

Sally of Whispering Hope is having a give-a-way in honor of her Grandson, Ben who passed away last September of a motorcycle accident. Without furthur ado, I'll let Sally speak in her Own words...Bless you Sally Girl!


"In memory of my grandson, Ben, (the first anniversary of his passing is Weds 9/16/09) I'm offering $100.00 toward a skateboard." "Aside from Moto Cross, Ben loved skateboarding. If he wasn't on his dirt bike, he could be found on the skateboard. Every year, before Christmas, when I'd ask him what he'd like ~ he'd grin, and I'd know! I'd let him choose the board off the Internet, order it, and then on Christmas morning he'd act so excited and surprised.
If you know of a young person who would like a skateboard either for Christmas or just in general, please leave a comment. I'll leave this post up until Thursday, and the winner will be announced on Friday or Saturday. Perhaps, if there are no children in your life, you may know of one who would be happy to receive this gift.
If you win, you or your child can choose the board over the Internet, and I'll pay up to $100.00. I hope this will make someone happy just as it always did my grandson, and I know in my heart he would be smiling now....."


(Taken from Sally's blog, Whispering Hope)

3 comments:

Sally said...

Thanks, Donna. I lurves you!!

I remember the day I took that picture.

Donna said...

You're SO Welcome sweetheart! What a wonderful gesture!!!hughugs

Ann said...

What a sweet way to remember her grandson.