Friday, February 4, 2022

Winter Finally Hits...

 Good Morning!  Hope this finds you well and happy...It seems Winter has finally raised its ugly head.  The dreaded ice storm has come upon us.  Radio says it's the worst seen in several decades.  I don't know about that but, I do know our streets are frozen over, So... that left me the only thing I could do...cook and bake.  I also juiced lemons and mandarin oranges.  I often buy sacks of both just for juicing and grating zest, then freezing.

I've also been checking out things I could make for Samantha's upcoming probable baby showers ... I can't believe the many things you can do with diapers!  I'll be attempting some of them.  There are tons of ideas on Pinterest and Youtube.  

Here's hoping you all are safe and warm... or cool, wherever you are!

Heading over to check on you!  See you next time! 💗

                                             Vanilla cupcakes






                              Vanilla Pound cake with Orange Glaze


                                               Roasted Chicken




                                         
  I love these diaper cakes!


                I believe I could do a little better in the making of this cute idea.  Here's a giggle for you...





So, until next time...

8 comments:

Linda said...

That is hilarious!!!!! What a gods laugh!
I am in awe of your baking - that CAKE!!!! Oh, that CAKE!!!!
Then that CHICKEN!!! And all that citrus! You are amazing!!!

Lee said...

Hahahahaha! Love it!

And forget the sides and which side they go on...I'm starving now from looking at all those delicious pics!! :)

Take good care. :)

Nita Jo said...

Thanks for the laugh! Love the baby shower ideas. So cute! And that food... Oh my gosh, I'm so hungry after scrolling through those photos. Thank goodness my husband is making up a big batch of "Wendy's" Chili! Perfect for this cold, winter's night. Now if only I had one of those cupcakes! Haha!
Hugs!
Nita Jo

Mari said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the great grandbaby! What a blessing.
We had a terrible storm here too - ice and then a bunch of snow.
You were very productive with your juicing, freezing and baking.
Cute pinterest ideas. I get lots of ideas from there too.
Ha to the KFC joke. :) :) :)

Ann said...

You can keep the ice. I hate snow but ice is way worse.
Those diaper cakes are adorable.
LOVE the KFC story. That's hysterical.

NanaDiana said...

Love that diaper cake. I used to make those for showers and sell them at craft shows. I love the idea of the dressed baby on it though!
Gotta love the KFC story. xo Diana

Sandra Cox said...

You've been busy.
That pound cake looks luscious. Can't wait to see what goodies you make for the showers.
Hope your snow and ice melt soon.
Hugs

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haaahahaha when faced with left or right, always choose right. And potato wedges, hahaa! Wow those diaper cakes always amaze me and aren't you clever with those mandarins and lemons???? Now gimme some of that pound cake xoxo