Sunday, January 28, 2024

I Saw the Light...Lazy, Prices, and Cats.



                                     Good morning, Friends...

Well, I had my cataract surgery last Monday, the 22nd. 

I must say it was all like a "cattle-call"...fast assembly line.  I was number #4. We got to the surgical center at 12...I didn't have to undress!  Loved that!  Just took my sweater off my left arm so they could put the blood pressure cuff on me.  Then inserted an IV on the top of my right hand and I was ready to go.  I was asked medical questions...met with the anesthesiologist...then with my surgeon.  Once that happened, it was time to roll to the operating room.  My head was taped down to the bed...They injected "happy juice" (fentanyl)...enough to help with that anxious feeling...but just enough to let me sleep and wake up if the surgeon asked me something while he was operating.   When I woke up...I had no vision in my eye!  It was totally black!  Scared the crap out of me!  They said that happens sometimes and to just give it a minute.  Finally, pink (love it) sparkles started appearing!  It was quite the light show!  Then I started seeing things...faces with auras around them...then finally, sight.  A tiny bit blurry (pressure in the eye causes this) but I could see.  Took about 5 minutes. 

It's now been 6 days.  My vision is sharp.  Now I just have to contend with eye-drops...7 weeks of medicated ones...and forever, as needed, Thera-Tears.  Just helps keep your eyes from feeling dry, if needed.

If you're thinking about getting the surgery, this was just my experience.  




This is all I've been doing since the surgery...must say, It's been nice.




I made breakfast this morning...good stuff.





Larry grilled sausage and made up a small pot of beans.






Hahaa...good one.



 
 
We went out to breakfast on Friday to a spot we hadn't been to in ages...Georges.  Cheap and lots of food!
 


 
 
Will you look at these prices?  For Cake?  I make my own but I guess, if you don't bake...this is an option.









Our great-gran Sloane with mamma Samantha...




It seems we have inherited a cat...It's been around the neighborhood  for several years but it's feral.  Larry made it an insulated box with towels.  It's been very cold here lately...and we're suckers for homeless kitties.
Kitty won't let us get too close but meows at Larry when it's chow time...lol



 
 
Larry also baked chicken and made my favorite veggie, yellow squash.  Delicious.



 

Well friends, guess I'll get off here, for now.  Hope you are all well (there's a stomach virus running rampant in the USA now...Keep using hand sanitizer!!)
Also, a question!
I seem to be missing my "About Me" information on my blog sideboard!  I've tried to figure out why but no luck...Blogger drives me nuts...
So, until next time...
 

22 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad your surgery went well! I can imagine how scary it must have been to not see anything at first and then that blessed pink! Sounds like Larry is taking good care of you! Yes, the price of those cakes is ridiculous along with everything else you want to buy! Take care buddy!

Mari said...

Glad your surgery went well. Waking with no vision would have scared me too! Glad that is all behind you.
Larry is a good cook. :)
Yes, those cakes are priced crazy. I will say they do look prettier than mine would!

Polyester Princess said...

I'm pleased to read that your eye surgery went well, Donna!
But oh my goodness, waking up to no sight at all must have been pretty scary!
Can't get over the price of those cakes! xxx

Margaret D said...

How good is that, your eye surgery, so pleasing all is well and you can see..
Your food does look nice, lunch time here and the food has made me more hungry..
Take care.

diane b said...

So Glad that your eye surgery was a success.

Ann said...

Not only are you missing your about me info but when I scrolled down to comment it doesn't show what anyone said. The pop up window shows their comments but they don't show up on the blog.
Glad to hear the cataract surgery went well. That must have been scary waking up and seeing nothing.
All that food looks so good. It made me hungry.

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that eye surgery. I'm relieved and glad that all went well. Those cakes look fabulous! I am drooling at all the food on here, but I have to say there's nothing like fried eggs and toast for breakfast....and a little bacon, even better. It's my favorite breakfast. "Today I'm Doing Nothing" quote made me chuckle. I have to send that to the girls haha. And what a beautiful picture of little Sloane with Samantha.

Feel better, Donna, and wishing you good February days. Can't believe January is over soon.

~Sheri

**oh, forgot to mention the "Never forget" quote with the birds. That is so true, and am finding that out. Love that one.

dori said...

Congratulation for your eye-surgery! Big respect!! BRAVE!!!! Wonderful - you see now everything clear!
Sloane and her young mother look beautuful!
A lot of cakes for brave women! :))))
Best wishes to the homeless cat! What a blessing, that Larry is helping her!
The grace of the Lord is with you all!

Many greetings and blessings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

dori said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu deinerAugenoperation! Großer Respekt!! MUTIG!!!! Wunderbar – du siehst jetzt alles klar!
Sloane und ihre junge Mutter sehen wunderschön aus!
Viele Kuchen für mutige Frauen! :))))
Die besten Wünsche an die obdachlose Katze! Was für ein Segen, dass Larry ihr hilft!
Die Gnade des Herrn ist mit euch allen!

Viele Grüße und Segen von Dori aus dem Bayerischen Wald

Catherine said...

Glad you had your eye surgery. I had both eyes already but here we don’t sleep during the surgery and it’s a bit scary!
Larry is a good cook! The cakes in the shop look nice and well decorated. Sloane is growing fast now

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Glad the surgery went well even if it was scary waking to no sight at first.
We don't often buy cakes here as our daughter loves to bake them instead. They are nice as a treat when we go out sometimes though even if they are more expensive.
Take care and have a good week, Donna xx

photowannabe said...

Your surgery was quite an adventure and I'm glad its over. Drops aren't so bad if they help your eyes.
Can you RENT your sweet hubby out?..boy, does he make yummy looking meals. Makes me hungry just looking at your post.
I'm with you..Blogger drives me nuts too but I don't have an answer for your problem.
Stay well
Love ya
Sue

photowannabe said...

I just scrolled down the left hand side of your blog and found "ABOUT ME" right below the picture that says Protect Us, Oh Lord.
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased your eye surgery went well.

Lovely photograph of Samantha and Sloane.

Take care of yourself.

All the best Jan

Kay G. said...

Pink Sparkles, I really think you should write a song about it!! I love that!
My sister had to have cornea transplant but it didn't "take" and she had to have it done again! The 2nd time was a success, thankfully. Now, she has to wait a while and have cataract surgery on the same eye. I will tell her to look out for pink sprinkles. Take care. xx

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I’m amazed that they put you to sleep, Donna! That’s the way to do it. I’m glad that all went well. I read on down and saw that your daughter had it done, too. I hope you have a wonderful week with clear vision. 😊

Denise at Forest Manor said...

Hi Donna,

I'm so glad to hear that your cataract surgery went well. I took my mother-in-law for hers years ago, and she said the same thing as you. It was like being on an assembly line, and she wondered how many people they did in one day. $$$$ :D I appreciate so much your recent visits -- I finally got here to visit you. Take care of that eye, and I'll be back again!

Hugs,

Denise

Sandra Cox said...

Glad the surgery is in the review mirror.
The meals look luscious.
Nice of Larry to fix your favorite veggies.
And I'm very glad you are taking care of kitty.
Hugs

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I'm just glad that after your season of taking care of everyone, someone is taking care of you! Love that lazy cat meme ... that is ME to a T, hahahaa! No quitter here. I sent the "Do I look fat" one to my girls and we all got quite the chuckle. Universal experience, it seems. I'm also glad you got your surgery and that it all went well. TG got both of his eyes done in 2019 but I have yet to enter that room of experience. Love you girl! xoxo

J. S. Vila said...

Very nice photographs in your Joyfull article. My prefered are probably the cakes in the shop. Late from the surgery is good to rest and recover forces. Have a great month, with very good health, and a lot of LOVE and happiness.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Happy to hear that everything went well with your surgery. I’m sure it was a very scary thing to go through, but it’s now behind you.

Holly King said...

So glad to hear your surgery went well. I too just had it done. It really is a bit frightening to say the least. The whole ordeal is so weird. But praise the Lord for great vision now!

Blessings
Holly