Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sorry! It's Been Busy 'Round Here!

Grilled Chicken Thighs with Fontina Cornmeal and Lima beans were on the menu over the weekend...OK Now! Don't turn your noses up!!LOL...What in the World is Fontina Cornmeal, you say? It's Delicious! Fontina cheese melted in hot cornmeal...salt and pepper...a few chopped green onion. You can even let it get cold...slice it up and fry it. We have it at breakfast or supper!
That big old Green Egg grill is Nice! Yes Soul! It was a Great investment! I may even learn to use it!LOL....NOT! Hubby does a great job!
Well, it's been pretty busy around here lately! End of the year job stuff. Also, yearly Insurance audit...someone NEEDS to come clean my office...HAhaa...Lordy! Looks like hell in here! Ripping through files and such, trying to locate this and that...Hahaa...Now it needs to all be put UP again! Then there's the yearly dental, doctor...blood work appointments to get through. What a pain...I Swear! If I didn't Need my thyroid meds, I would only go every couple of years! What a racket! Yes, there's lots of reform needed in health care, BUT...Don't lets go Nuts with it!
Well, guess that's all the juicy news I can come up with...Hope you all are having a Wonderful day! It's cold and rainy here...

13 comments:

Sally said...

More yummy food. :)

Hope the busy-ness slows down for you soon.

Have a great day!! ((hugs))

Jeanette said...

That dinner looks yummy!!

Donna said...

Sally- Me tooooo Sally! Smile today!!!(((((HUG)))))


Thanks Jeanette!! Have a great day!hughugs

jenn said...

It's cold and rainy here, too. I am not looking forward to walking to get Brandi off the bus.

Oh, and that fontina cornmeal looks yummy, just like everything else you make.

Joan said...

That looks excellent!

Lynn said...

I'm drooling over the cornmeal cakes.
Yummmy...And, I don't envy the rest of your schedule.

Donna said...

Jenn-Don't you just hate when that happens?!!hahaa...Stay dry Girl!hughgus


Joan- Thanks Miz Joan! It really is Good!!hughugs


Lynn-Hahaa...You're not coming to help out???Hahaa...hughugs

Lilli & Nevada said...

Now that looks wonderful, nope never heard of the stuff before but sure does look good.
Question i have for you is Do you make sweet tea? and if so how do you make it. I got addicted on our trip from the stuff in the stores. Although i make my own ice tea with lipton it don't taste like the sweet tea.
Oh and i went in yesterday as well for my blood work for my thyroid, they keep changing and changing.

Donna said...

Hi Lilli! Sweet tea...Yes I make it. I put 2 family size teabags in my coffee maker (drip) basket...Put in 10 cups of water and run it. Then I use about a cup to a cup & a half of sugar.(to taste). If it's too strong for you, add a bit more cool water to the container.
We like it...Makes it a little stronger than just dropping the bags in the container of hot water...Hope that helps! Let me know!hughugs

Ann said...

fontina cornmeal huh? never heard of it. but your pictures sure do look yummy, except for the lima beans....YUCK...lol

Donna said...

Ann-Hahahaa...I use to hate 'em too until Hubby fixed them His way...Very good!hughugs

Donna said...

Wow, that chicken sure does look good!

Don't work too hard!

Hugs,
Donna

SOUL said...

NO donna-- don't you dare learn to use the egg! he will make you cook on it for the rest of your life!! play dumb sistah ! i have yet to learn to use any grill-- slash -- smoker. don't call me names-- i'm brilliant ! :))

besides-- grillin is mans work :)) and they do a fine job anyhow. just don't forget their 'gold medal' they'll burn it next time for paybacks :)).

anyhow-- you must send me the recipe for the -- whatever , cornbread -- or whatever you called it-- forgive me-- i have no memory. but- you already know that.

anyhow-- the meal looks wonderful! don't forget to invite us next time. we're only an hour away.
and remember-- brisket is THE best on an egg-- if hubby wants any tips-- just ask soulman.. he has perfected it-- and also pork butt. ahhh.. this makes me hungry!

so-- here i've been the past few days thinkin you forgot about me, and you haven't -- i feel much better now-

sorry you've been so busy-- hope things slow down for you soon, and you can chillax on the weekend.

happy humpday-- lotsa hugz
laterz