Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Swimming, Spaghetti and Silhouettes...

Good morning, friends!  Hope you are all doing well and are having a wonderful Spring/Summer, so far.  Larry and I are getting over this...whatever you want to call it...sinus, upper respiratory thing.  Larry is having a tougher time of it than I did.  He was still fatigued, and his cough is lingering so, I opened up my trusty JASE bag and started him on an antibiotic.  Two days now and he's feeling better.  Thank God for JASE.  And yes, I could have made him an appointment but he was adamant about staying home!  "No doctors visit...I'm fine!", stubborn horses...butt!   I love him but my LVN license trumps his Master Plumber's license! lol
So... we haven't done much this past week.  Laura (read last post), will be having surgery today on her lower leg then Thursday, to remove the cancer from her forearm and lower leg area.  Melanoma is scary... It's complicated so, we'll just be waiting for the biopsy reports.



This was lunch a few days ago...we love roasted chicken with onions and bell peppers.



Before Larry became ill, he built me this potting station.  I'm trying to think of ways to cover it.  I'm looking at gazebos on Amazon.  Not quite sure what to use.  Any ideas?
I refuse to ask Larry to build something else...he's not well and he's done enough.  The yard is a work in progress...a day at a time.  It'll get there.




He also started cutting out silhouettes that represent all out beloved pets, over the years, then attaching them to our fence!  He would have never done this years ago...but he's 75 now and is realizing that life IS short and we need to make the best of it!  Starting with, "whatever makes you smile!"
The one above is our Buddy...



And this is our pug, Libby.

 He's now working on four more... all gone......Corky, a yorkie, two poodles, Rusty & Danko...and my lovely black cat, Kiki.  
We miss them all, something awful...



Now onto our sweet greatgran, Sloane!  A happy topic! lol
I'd bought her a swimming pool back in early March, just waiting for warm days to hit.  Well, yesterday (I get to keep her on Mondays until she goes to her new daycare sometime in the future?  Who knows...but right now, while she's with us, we are loving every minute!  She loved the pool!  Splashing and playing with her water toys...(they'd all floated to the right side of this photo). 




Her lunch was spaghetti...and she ate almost half of it! lol 
Loved it!



As you can tell!! 



She was ready for her nap after lunch...wore out! lol



I'd made roast, rice and gravy one day...Larry loves it.




Our granddaughter and hubby Everett with baby Sloane...love them so much!



Sloane and Gampa (feeling better after two days on antibiotics) discussing future adventures.  We are just waiting for Mom Samantha to pick her up... :o(



This was two days ago...feeling rough.  I'd just given him the antibiotic.



SO true...




And this is true as well!!  Have you seen some of the girls out there with those loooong lashes???   SO many look ridiculous...sadly.  But I can't say anything...I'd rather be beaten than hurt another's feelings.
They will learn on their own.




Who else has done this?? Lolol
Oh, come on, fess up!

That's about all for me...Maybe next week will be more newsworthy and not involve pills or sickness!  
Have a wonderful and peaceful week and remember to be kind!  You never know what's happening in another's life...
Until next time...

25 comments:

Lin said...

Prayers for Laura and Larry...that they are healed quickly! Love the little pet silhouettes...what a cute idea! Yeah...I miss all of mine as well.

Jeanette said...

Well, I'm glad Larry is feeling better. I just got over a Spring cold myself! Prayers for Laura, melanoma is no joke and I hope they can remove it all. I think a gazebo would look great in that spot! Sloan is such a cutie! They love playing in water, don't they? Have a good week my friend! XO P.S. I was looking through old blog posts and realized we've "known" each other for a long time!

Red Rose Alley said...

I hope all goes well with Laura's surgery today, and that she gets the right care and treatment. I'm so sorry she is going through all of this. The roasted chicken with onions looks delicious. So glad to hear Larry is feeling better. And look at Sloane splashing away in the pool and having fun. A cute picture of her mom and dad, and a dear one of her and grandpa. Oh my gosh, I'm with you on the fake eyelashes. Some are ok when they're not too long, but then you have the long ones, and I wonder how they keep them on. Delightful 50's picture. I was born in the 60's, and couldn't party in the 80's, as I was pregnant with Nel at 21. haha. Always a pleasure to visit your blog, Donna. Have a good June week.

~Sheri

Granny Marigold said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Laura.

Good thing you had the meds so you could give Larry what was needed for him to feel better.

When little ones are asleep they look positively angelic. ( Not that Sloane doesn't look angelic when she's awake 😊 )

DeniseinVA said...

Hello Donna, I hope you both feel 100 percent real soon. Like Larry, I get real bad respiratory illnesses and it takes forever for them to go away, but I hope he gets over his quickly. You too! I also wish Laura the very best with her op. Your meals look scrumptious! Larry did a great job on your potting station. The gazebo sounds like a great idea, but a simple frame covered on the top and trellis work around the sides? How about an awning that you can roll out? Oh well, that’s all I’ve got. Not sure if that would work, just throwing it out there, and if Larry is out of action, maybe not the thing right now. That’s such a sweet idea about your pets and those silhouettes. Adorable photos of Sloane and the ones with Gampa, and her parents. Loved the hippies and the other funnies, and yes I can relate to the bed clothes. Enjoy the rest of your week and speedy healing to both of you.

Mari said...

Glad Larry is doing better. My daughter also had that bug and it turned into pneumonia. She's feeling better after antibiotics being started.
Sloane is cute as ever!

Bill said...

Hope Larry feels better soon. I really like his silhouettes, what a great and creative idea. Sloane looks like she is enjoying herself and having fun. Have a wonderful week and take care.

Ann said...

Sending good vibes for both Laura and Larry.
Those silhouettes are pretty cool. Not sure on ideas to cover the potting table.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ugh Donna I am so sorry that you and Larry have been sick, and that he had it so bad!!! Just awful. I pray that now he is feeling ever so much better. Sloane is darling and I know you cherish every moment with her. The pool! Wonderful! It'll be hotter'n a firecracker soon enough. The pet silhouettes are SO cute! I haven't the slightest idea how you should cover your potting bench but you'll figure it out! And now I want some roast and rice and gravy! xoxo

Wanda said...

No fun being sick. So glad they are doing better. I had to chuckle at the picture of Larry sleeping,...I take pictures of my dearest sometimes like that. To me they are precious.
Oh that great gran, Sloane. And what a lovely granddaughter and hubby.

I think your potting station will end up being just what you want. How nice to have one.

Love the cutout of the dogs. Oh my, we have so many blessed memories of dogs that have gone where all good dogs go. Sam, Kesha, Heidi, Sambo, Hiligard, and last but not least, Molly Girl...15 years at our side. Our last pet!!

Linda said...

I'm so happy to hear Larry is feeling better.
That Baby Sloane is beyond precious! We love our gazebo and even one of those vendor tents would give you some shade and protection!

My Amber has eyelashes that she has put om by a - what do you call them?? Eyelashist???
They are quite expensive but she loves them and they look great! No black caterpillar on her eyes! Mike told her - "They make you look so AWAKE!!!"

Margaret D said...

Do hope Laura is getting on alright.
Larry, your husband, just a chicken yet :) hope he is improving.
The family are looking happy and healthy..
Take care.

Sandra Cox said...

I love that you are adding past pets to your fence.
Sweet, sweet Sloane.
Yup, done the punch thing:)
Hugs

Anonymous said...

You've been having a tough time lately in may areas. Hopefully, soon, very soon all that will disappear into the bank of memories.

Amongst it...there is the beautiful little Sloane...she brightens up everyone's day, of that there is no doubt. :)

Keep taking very good care...my best wishes to you all. :)

Lee said...

My apologies...the "Anonymous" above is me, Lee. :)

photowannabe said...

Hope you are both on the mend now...no fun being sick. Your last quote about the blanket just made me laugh out loud.
Been there and done that ... Ouch...how rude .. and what a way to wake up!
Oh yes on the eyelashes..I have seen some that really do look like the picture..caterpillers for sure.
Spaghetti and babies, can there be anything cuter?
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

Sending positive vibes and healing wishes for Laura and Larry.

Your roasted chicken with onions and bell peppers looks great.

Love the sweet pictures of Sloane, she looks to be loving her paddling pool.

All the best Jan

dori said...

Best wishs for Larry! He is so wonderful and pretious! Many greetings to him!

Your granddaugter is most lovely! What a beautiful couple, perfekt with most sweet Baby Sloane!!!!!

A highligt are the wooden animal-figures on the fence!!!!!!! I LOVE this!!

O yes, once we were happy Hippies, now we are happy grandparents :)))))
:)
Hugs and blessings to you all from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

dori said...

Die besten Wünsche für Larry! Er ist so wunderbar und wertvoll! Viele Grüße an ihn!

Deine Enkelin ist sehr lieb! Was für ein wunderschönes Paar, perfekt mit der süßen Baby Sloane!!!!!

Ein Highlight sind die hölzernen Tierfiguren am Zaun!!!!!!! Ich liebe es!!

O ja, einst waren wir glückliche Hippies, jetzt sind wir glückliche Großeltern :)))))
:) :)

Herzliche Grüße und Segen von Dori aus dem Bayerischen Wald


P.S. : I don't mean pretious but precious!!!!!!!!!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Donna. So glad that you and Larry are on the mend. I have heard the Jace Case advertised. Sounds like a good idea to have one. I should check that out. I hope that Laura's surgery went well. Your food looks so good! Roast, rice and gravy is a favorite meal of mine. It's always fun to see pictures of your cute great granddaughter. So glad you get to spend time with her. I will stop by for another visit again soon!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I hope the both of you are feeling 100% soon. It is no fun being under the weather. Your mention of chicken and peppers was a reminder that I haven’t had that in some time. I just bought a nice variety of colorful peppers as I wait for the six different varieties I have growing in my deck garden. At the moment the plants are quite small, but I can’t wait for them to start producing. In addition to the red, orange, yellow, and green, I also have white and purple. I think chicken and peppers will be on my menu for the coming week, if not this weekend.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your grandchild is so precious. I sure hope Larry is feeling better and you are better, too. The dish of chicken and peppers sounds awesome.

diane b said...

Glad you are feeling better and hope hubby will do soon. It must be nice but tiring looking after Sloane.

Catherine said...

I Hope they both will be better soon.
Your husband has very good ideas and creating quite a lot for you, your lucky!
I like the eye lashes girls! It’s so true 😂
And your food always give me ideas for cooking!
I also bought a little swimming pool for Maxime and bought it early.
They should come in August.

Sandra Cox said...

Love that potting station. Larry did an amazing job.
Hugs