Sunday, July 23, 2023

Ringing of the Bell...


Good morning, Friends!
Well...It finally happened!  Ruth Ann got to "ring the bell"!  Pronouncing to the world that as of right now, she is cancer free and has taken her last chemo!  Her oncologist turned her loose for four months then, she will come back in for another CT Scan, and if that's still clear, another appointment in six months and on and on until it's been five years...then she'll be formally pronounced cancer free.  But in the meantime, she is setting up her appointment for surgery to re-attach her colon and kick the colostomy bag out the door!!  She's so excited and grateful!
Thank you all for your continued prayers!!  I totally believe in "prayer in unity"...simply meaning a large group of people praying together, and heartfully believing in the prayer.  
It works miracles...
I am so blessed to have you all in my life...



The Bell Ringing...click on the "enlarge" button in the bottom right hand side of the player to watch if you can't see well.




Ruth Ann comforting another patient...trying to let her know we're all in this together.



Myself...Ruth Ann's son, Brian (he has cerebral Palsy) and Ruth Ann.  We are over the Moon, happy!



More happy tears...



Brian and Laura... She has to undergo surgery again on her back...but also for her Melanoma.  You can see one of the surgeries on her arm.  She's pretty well in constant pain.   Four or more surgeries, to go...please pray for her! 



We are nothing without God in our lives...




Nephew Brian and myself...he's such a sweet boy...I love him.





Laura and Ruth Ann




Amen...



Larry placed a can of salmon on my cutting board....lolol...His way of placing an order for salmon patties.



And salad...



With a dessert of Double Chocolate brownies.





Sloane is now standing alone and taking quite a few steps across the room!!  Won't be long before she's off and running!



Snack time! lol



Sugar time!  Love that smile!




What a week.  Back in January, Larry and I decided to give each other a 50th wedding anniversary gift of new wedding rings.  Our old gold bands were pretty well worn out.  So we decided we'd start out the next fifty years with new white gold ones.  A new beginning, so to speak.  Well, we never got around to getting the rings bought...Ruth Ann came first.  So... on Friday, (everything was on a Black Friday sale at Zales...) we bought new ones.  We each got the ring we wanted. Had to have them sized but should be ready this coming week.  Can't wait...It's been a long time since we've been excited about something...maybe our Samantha (granddaughter) announcing she was pregnant with Sloane...?  I don't know...I think you all know what I'm talking about.  I guess life has a way of keeping "high hopes" for us older people, tamped down...We know sad things are coming so we don't really expect too much from life.  But when happy things come along, we are thrilled, all the more.
We celebrated with yogurt...lolol...yep...
 We just took time for each other, looked at one another and I said, "What a ride"... he looked me dead in the eye and said, "yep..." (meaning our whole 50 years together) Lolol... and it has been...Would we do it all over?  Yep...
Larry had mostly chocolate, and I experimented with Key Lime pie and chocolate...Seriously yummy combination!!









Lolol...fooled me too...



;o)





Every time I look at this child, I thank God in Heaven for my family and our lives!  We may not be rich, but we are comfortable.  We may not drive the latest cars (2011 and a 2013) but they take us to our destination.  
I've always heard, It's not the destination, but it's the journey, that's important.  Love each other...laugh...be kind...comfort others.  
Find your Joy...
Until next time...

29 comments:

Sooze said...

Such good news about Ruth Ann. I'm so happy for you all x

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Donna. Sloane is such a cutie and is getting so big. Watching a little one learn to walk to so much fun - I remember that it was one of my favorite memories of parenting. I love salmon patties too. My mom made them a lot when I was growing up. So glad that Ruth has finished chemo and is now cancer free. I hope that her upcoming surgery goes well. I totally agree with you about our need for God in our lives. I hope you have a good week! See you again soon!

Chatty Crone said...

You sure have a gammit of blessings - Ruth Ann and Sloane. Now for Laura.

Lin said...

Hooray! So happy for Ruth Ann! I'm so glad she pushed through and made it through all of the treatment. I pray for Laura and that she has the same good news.

Happy new rings! That's exciting and something fun to look forward to!

Bill said...

Great news for Ruth Ann and may Laura be next in line for her great news too. Congrats on getting your new rings, that's exciting. Hope it's not too hot for you, take care and stay cool.

Mari said...

Wonderful post! Congrats to RuthAnn. The Doctor who is the head of our office had stage 4 cancer and went through treatments last year. When she got to ring the bell is touched her so, that she bought a bell for the office. She encourages us to ring it for accomplishments.
Congrats on 50 years! Our 42nd is coming up in August.
Always love to see Miss Sloane!

Catherine said...

I am happy for Ruth Ann and will pray for Laura.
We should also get new rings, we gave them to our daughter and her husband when they got married, we passed them to the youngsters ! Sloane is always so cute , she could walk with Maxime he is walking by himself now and dancing ( so cute!)
I am really impatient to see him in November !

Granny Marigold said...

Wonderful news about Ruth Ann!!!
Sloane makes the cutest faces ever!!
Great idea to celebrate your anniversary with brand new rings.

Jeanette said...

I am over the moon happy for you and your family! SO many things to be thankful for. Your sister being cancer free and being able to ring that bell! How exciting that you are getting new rings! Can't wait to see them! This past week on vacation I spent a lot of time looking at Maxwell and Levi and thanking God for those precious gifts!

Ann said...

That's awesome news about your sister. What a happy moment. I'll keep praying that all those future appointments come with happy news.

Margaret D said...

What wonderful news that you have shared along with Ruth Ann, watched her ring that bell, well done.
Prayers for Laura and I'm sure she will be ok.
Wedding rings, gosh my husband got his caught in something and it in turn got caught and cut his finger, so a new one was bought, then he lost that one only for it to turn up about 5 years later and we got that altered but then his finger became swollen so he's not wearing one at the moment.
Good idea of yours to get new ones as they do wear thin.
Sloane, beautiful children soon be into everything, or will try to.
Take care and good luck to all.

Linda said...

Praise God for the Good News!! I will keep her in my prayers and Laura also.....

Jennyff said...

A lot of happy blessings in that post, you do take a positive attitude to life which I admire. Keep on.

Polyester Princess said...

That's the best of news, Donna! I'll definitely keep Laura in my thoughts.
And well done to Sloane for taking her first steps, which is another milestone. And holds the promise for more mischief, surely. LOL. XXX

Sandra Cox said...

Yay Ruth Ann. Ringing that bell is huge. I remember when our little guy rang it.
Hugs

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well Praise the Lord for Ruth Ann's good news!!!! That is truly an answer to prayer. I pray that my own sister will get that same good news soon. She goes back tomorrow to see if a fourth chemo treatment is recommended for her gastric lymphoma. She has been through so much. Your pictures of you with Ruth Ann and Brian and Laura are so sweet. Priceless memories! Laura's smile is miraculous given what she has been through and what she faces. I have no idea what that is like and I marvel at how people handle such crushing blows. And you're right about it being few and far between when we older folks have a chance to be really excited about something. That's wonderful about your rings and I can't wait to see what you picked out. I had such fun getting my diamond anniversary band on our 40th in 2019 and I love it so much. And two new grandbabies coming within the next few months have us pretty stoked, hahaa! Sloane is the most precious gift ever. That key lime ice cream looks fantastic but I think I will take the homemade brownies with the whipped cream! xoxo

photowannabe said...

Oh, my heart is so full now.
Reading all of the news just has me praising God from whom all blessings flow.
Continued prayers for RuthAnn and Laura.
Love the idea of your new rings. We are coming up on our 60th anniversary in January. Hopefully we can take a small trip somewhere and celebrate with a scoop of ice cream (Dave dislikes yogurt).
HaHa on the hair..too funny
and of course Sloane gives me a smile too. Look out world she's on her way. Love the snack time photo with her impish grin.
Yes we each need to "Find our Joy"
Sue

dori said...

What a post!
I see all these photos of yur dear belovd and fall into a prayer of Thank-you-Lord. What heroes! Also little Sloane! :)
You have documented valualble staions in your Blog. This is great!
We have our wedding-anniversity in 2030. 50 years...... The LOVE is the same.. full of experiences.

BLESSINGS BLESSINGS BLESSINGS

dori said...

Was für ein Beitrag!
Ich sehe all diese Fotos von deinen lieben Geliebten und verfalle in ein Dankesgebet, Herr. Was für Helden! Auch die kleine Sloane! :) :)
Du hast in deinem Blog wertvolle Stationen dokumentiert. Das ist toll!
Im Jahr 2030 haben wir unseren Hochzeitstag. 50 Jahre...... Die LIEBE ist die gleiche.. voller Erlebnisse.

Segen Segen Segen Segen

DeniseinVA said...

I can’t tell you how very happy I am at this news, and what a wonderful way to announce such an outstanding occasion, one of total joy. It’s lovely to see you in the photos too with your sweet family. I will be keeping Laura in my prayers, and she will be ringing her own bell very soon.

Sloan is ever adorable! Oh my goodness, she will be off and running very soon. The food you share is so yummy, made me chuckle at the can of salmon Larry put in front of you. With mine it is lime jello :)

The wedding bands are a great idea to celebrate this special anniversary. Beautiful sentiments to end your post. I couldn't agree with you more. Hugs, Denise xo

Granny Annie said...

We have all been awaiting that good news on Ruth. You and Ruth and Sloane are all favorite people of ours.

Sandra Cox said...

Here's wishing Laura a speedy recovery with all her upcoming surgeries.

Red Rose Alley said...

Such wonderful news about Ruth Ann. And still saying prayers for her and Laura. I don't care for salmon much, but the salmon patties look really good. And double chocolate brownies! I usually always get a box of double chocolate brownies to make at the store. Sloane is beginning to walk, and her smile always makes me smile too. The key lime yogurt sounds refreshing during these hot Summer days.

Have a good rest of the week, Donna.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps.....Yes, we are nothing without God in our lives. : )

Sandra Cox said...

Good pics of you:)
Hugs

Sandra Cox said...

I'll take a salad and a double brownie;)
Hugs

Romance Reader said...

Awesome pics. And what great news for RuthAnn.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Happy to hear about Ruth Ann. May she have many healthy days ahead!

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh that is good news about Ruth Ann, so very pleased for you all.
Lovely to get your new rings, and I enjoyed seeing sweet Sloane in your photographs.

Blessings.

All the best Jan