Saturday, October 7, 2023

Dog Sitting...A Move, Pumpkins and Pirates.



Good morning, friends!
Goodness!  Another week has flown by!!  
I had to venture down state to my daughter Crystal and hubby Tim's house, in Magnolia (love the name of the town!) to babysit their three fur babies.  I apologize for not commenting on your blogs...it's been a week! 
 They were heading to Arkansas with their son and his girlfriend, Alyssa and dog, Wesley.  Will is in the Airforce and has gotten informed he's moving to Little Rock AF Base, which is in Jacksonville, AR... I'm not positive on all the locations yet.  I just need the new address.  I was told they'd be gone until Sunday...but...they came back in the next day, late.  Business concluded, apartment rented, they just wanted to get back.  Will and Alyssa still need to drive home to Tucson, AZ, which is a 14 hr trip from Magnolia.
Leaving today or tomorrow.
I left the next morning that they returned, to head back home to Larry and my fur babies.  It was so good to see our grandson Will...he's now 24!!  Hard to imagine!
I made the trip home safe and sound in about three hours.  Larry stayed behind to keep our babies.  I got unpacked then we ate lunch... and I rested. 




This is Bo.  He has to take medicine for seizures morning and night.  He did great while I was there. 




This is Toby...the ham...the 'lil old man.   I swear he's part human!  He was a bit upset with me because Bo was sitting next to me instead of him!  Sat on his bed (one of many!) just staring at me...lolol




I finally coaxed him onto the sofa after Bo left.  But he was still stand-offish.  





Finally decided to forgive me...lolol
He's just a little (big) love!





Here's Tim, Wesley the dog, Alyssa and William working out the apartment agreement.



It has a very nice pool...and after Tim (dad) called the local police station to verify location and neighborhood statistics on crime in the area, the deal was struck.  Will and Alyssa had been victims of a robbery at their third-floor apartment last month.  They were asleep in their bedroom but thank God, the bedroom door was also locked so they didn't bother trying to get in.  Will woke Alyssa and told her someone was in the apartment and to be quiet while he investigated.  Glock in hand, they made off with what they had time to steal.  The police said they had too many cases right now to investigate but as soon as they were able, they'd check it out...(WHAT???)...  Okay...it's Tucson, Arizona and there's a border crisis going on.  I get it.  You know they'll never catch them. 




SO... onward to a new state, a new apartment (supposedly a great reputation).  Will needs to report to his new duty station by the week before Thanksgiving.  His mom and dad (Crystal & Tim) will be going there for Thanksgiving to meet Alyssa's parents...hummm...:O) we love her!





I think we all remember the little old lady across the street...always on the lookout! lol




And I must post about Sloane's adventure to the pumpkin patch!  




I wasn't there but they said she had a blast!



Well, that's about it for this week.  Hope you all enjoyed your "week past" and are having a sweet and peaceful weekend.
So, until next time...

33 comments:

Sooze said...

The distances you Americans drive are just incredible to us here in the UK....I can't imagine doing a 14 hour drive! How scary for your grandson and partner to have a break-in whilst they were actually in the apartment, thank goodness they weren't hurt. I love all the dogs! And Sloane looks like she had a wonderful time.

Linda said...

When I first moved to Texas I lived in an apartment that had a pool. I LOVED it and I spent time at the pool every afternoon. Now I rent a house and sadly there's no pool. It's been years and I still miss it.

Sounds like you had a nice adventure.
Have a good weekend.
Linda

Chatty Crone said...

I love the work desk in the header. Wish I had one like that.
I love dogs - especially pugs.
You had quite a cute bunch.
Sloane is adorable as usual.
Love your meme's - especially the security cameras.

photowannabe said...

Can you see me grinning ear to ear over some of the things you posted?
Of course not the apartment robbery! Yikes such bold bad guys. Glad everyone was okay though.
Those photos of Bo made me laugh right out loud. Love the way he is sitting on the couch assessing the situation and the last one with his one eyed harumph..sp? haha
That is priceless and I think they all need to be put into a collage frame.
Aww sweet Sloane and the pumpkins..adorable..
Sue

photowannabe said...

Oops I misread the dog's name ... I meant Toby..he's definitely a ham and I do love the "Security Ladies"
Sue

Bill said...

The security ladies cracked me up. Always fun when you have dogs around. Scary that your grandson and his partner where home when the break-in occurred. Busy week, hope you have a slower week with lots of fun.

Jeanette said...

Wow! That must have been scary for Will and his girlfriend. I hope they don't have any problems with this new apartment! It looks very nice! The picture of Sloane with the pumpkin is too precious!

Lee said...

I love the cartoon! :)

Crime is rampant everywhere these days with no sign of abating, sadly. One has to be so vigilant at all times.

Baby Sloane is delightful. She's a beautiful little girl. :)

The dogs are lovely, too...I love animals. They certainly do have intelligent minds. I'd love to know what they are thinking. I was always asking my beloved Remy and Shama what they were thinking. They knew what I was thinking, so it was only fair I knew their thoughts! Is the sweet little kitten on the window sill real?

Take care, Donna :)

Ann said...

Well you've been busy. Love the pictures of the granddogs and that face is so darn cute it's irresistible.
Glad to hear that Will and girlfriend will be in a safer area.
Sloane is looking adorable as always.

Wanda said...

Wow!! What a week. Love ALL the dogs. You got some great pictures. And little Miss Sloane is stying in her Pumpkin Patch outfit. Adorable!

Moving is a big deal! Glad they found a good home.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

diane b said...

Love the expressions on the dog's face. How exciting for the young one's to be moving. It looks a nice apartment and pool. The robbers were very brazen and the scum od the earth.

Margaret D said...

That a nice drive 3 hours. We went for one today for 5 hours, a drive.
I must say Bo has such a gorgeous look on his face, it's really priceless.
Not a nice feeling having been r
obbed, I should imagine.
Lovely photos..

Jennyff said...

The robbery was shocking and even worse the police failing to investigate. I hope the youngsters are safe and happy in their new place. Sloane as delightful as ever, bless.

Gattina said...

So far we were never robbed ! I think that leaves a shock. Dog Toby is so funny sitting on the sofa ! The only thing missing is Churchill's sigare !

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Donna, I love that pretty scene you started off with. Sounds like a busy but wonderful trip to see your family. All the photos were great. The photos of Sloane at the pumpkin patch, very, very cute and those fur-babies with such expressions, made me smile. The robbery at Will and Alyssa apartment sounded scary. I am glad they were unharmed.

Polyester Princess said...

How absolutely horrifying for Will and Alyssa to have experienced a robbery in their apartment. I'm glad to hear the neighbourhood they're moving to is considered a safe one!
Thank you for sharing Sloane's adventure in the pumpkin field, which totally cheered me up! xxx

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I’m so sorry to hear about Will and Alyssa being victims of crime. It is a scary world out there.

Red Rose Alley said...

I hope your grandson settles in his new place, and the area is a nice and safe one. Your dogs surely missed you while you were gone. I love that pose that Bo is in on the couch, made me chuckle. Oh, Sloane at the pumpkin patch! That must have been fun for her. I was so glad I was there to visit the pumpkin patch with all the kids this year. That doesn't happen every year. I love that first picture of the craft corner. I've always wanted a craft room, but it just never happened, oh well.

Have a wonderful week ahead, Donna.

~Sheri

dori said...

A great compliment or your heart for the brave dogs. Each of them has his story and human feelings! Sloane is so sweet in her "pumpkin-skirt" with the small pumpkin in her hands, big enough for her :)

dori said...

Ein großes Kompliment für dein Herz für die tapferen Hunde. Jeder von ihnen hat seine Geschichte und seine menschlichen Gefühle! Sloane ist so süß in ihrem „Kürbisrock“ mit dem kleinen Kürbis in ihren Händen, der groß genug für sie ist :)

dori said...

I mean: A great compliment FOR your heart for the brave dogs...

Lin said...

Yikes! How scary for those young people to be in the apartment while it was burglarized! I'm glad they are safe and that they got out of there quickly. It is a very scary world we live in now.

The dogs are so funny. I'm glad you could help out with Bo. It is so hard to leave a pet that needs meds. We couldn't travel when we had Hobbes. I didn't trust anyone to give him his insulin. It's nice that you could help them out...even if Toby wasn't so thrilled. Poor guy!

Jennifer said...

They had too many cases to investigate - WHAT?? I don't even know how to correctly comment to that??! But, oh that Toby! How could you not fall in love with him?? That attitude - lol! Glad you were able to help out!

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Toby seems a real character, wonderful expressions and I'm glad he has forgiven you now.
The police being to busy!!! shocking! I hope Will and Alyssa settle in quickly to their new home.
Have a good week.

Sandra Cox said...

Yikes, so sorry about the break in.
My son and DIL had a boxer and it was one of the best dogs I've ever known.
Good on you for critter sitting.
Have a grand week.
Hugs

Lowcarb team member said...

The robbery at Will and Alyssa apartment sounded very scary, so pleased they were not hurt.

Lovely pictures of Sloane's visit to the pumpkin patch.

Take care, my good wishes.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hope my comment came through okay, I seem to be having a few glitches with blogger today!

Sweet pictures of Sloane at the Pumpkin Patch.

All the best Jan

NanaDiana said...

Donna- What fun with those dogs! Isn't it amazing how different all their personalities are and how they interact with you and each other? So comical. Love the little one with the pumpkins. How very cute. I am glad you got home safe and sound and while it is nice to visit it is always nice to get home, isn't it?
Have a wonderful week! xo Diana

Catherine said...

Love the security cameras!
The dog sitting on the armchair is so funny.
I hope they will be in a safe place now, SO scary!
Sloane is cute among the pumpkins.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I stole that pirate cartoon. Pirate! Haaahhaa xoxo

Sandra Cox said...

You find the prettiest pictures to open with.
Hugs,

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Donna. That is so scary about your grandson's apartment in Tucson getting robbed! Wow, my daughter Tiffany and her husband lived in Tucson until they moved up here to Utah about ten years ago. Yes, the situation at the border is a crisis for sure and I am sure that along with good people just wanting a better life, there are a good number of criminals and drug deals coming over too. I hope your grandson finds Arkansas more to his liking. My husband was a civilian employee of the Air Force for a number of years and we lived near several air force bases. I hope you have a good week. So glad you were able to do some doggy-sitting.

Linda said...

I am glad your grandson and girlfriend weren't harmed. Sloan is just the cutest, smiles...and I am trying to talk my husband into getting a pool, grin.