Saturday, November 28, 2009

Coke Salad!

OK...Here it is...You Bad Blogger Buddies! I HAD to pose this thing on my plate and, well...You CAN'T put it back in the bowl, now CAN you????Hahahaaa.....I HAD to EAT the thing...Geez, people!! WHAT?????LOLOL....

Coke Salad

2 small boxes Cherry Jello (NOT the sugar free!!LOL)
1 cup Boiling water
1 can drained Bing Cherries, Pitted (Any Tart sweet cherry)(Save the juice!)
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 - 7oz can Coca Cola soft drink
1 - 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
Whipped Cream
2 - cups chopped Pecans (Pronounced Pah-khan if your a Southern cook...Pee-can if you're Northern...LOL)
1 tablespoon Mayonnaise

Get the bowl out that you're going to serve it in.
Pour boiling water into the jello and stir to melt grains.
Pour in the Coke and drained off Cherry juice
Stir and put bowl in the refrigerator until the mixture has Just Begun to set!
Whip together the cream cheese and mayonnaise (set aside)

Now that the jello mixture has Just Started to set..(Very Jiggly) Pour in the cream cheese and mayo mixture and stir well.
Add pineapple and Squished up cherries (mashed)
Now add the pecans, stir.
Put back in the refrigerator, uncovered until it's set.
When ready to serve...top with whipped cream.

Enjoy!

17 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh My Lordy! Is That nice???
It sounds kinda funky!
But Hey i love coke,cherries cream....The mayo is worrying me alittle! LOL!
Glad you are sooooo dedicated to us to have yet another helping for Tutorials sake:()
I too am a Pee-Can!

SquirrelQueen said...

Yum, looks good!

Donna said...

Cupcake...HAHahaaaa...I'm SO Dedicated!!! But it is SO GOOD!hughugs


Judy- And ...it...Was!!Hahaa...Now if I can only roll to the sofa...hughugs

RNSANE said...

Well, of course, being from Columbus, GA, I have had "coke salad"
many times. In fact, Columbus, was the home of Dr. John S. Pemberton, a pharmacist who concocted the original (and still secret) formula for Coca-Cola syrup. He died in 1888.
I have a couple of other "jello" salads I love, one with lime jello, pineapple and cottage cheese and the other with strawberry jello, fresh rhubarb and cream cheese.

bichonpawz said...

Well....that just sounds terrific!!! May have to give it a try! And I got it....NOT sugar free...LOL!! By the way, I was going to venture out to see Sarah Palin when she was in town signing her book last week. I'm glad I didn't...as people told me it was rather a riot scene and many folks were turned away...but I'm still going to read the book!!

Ann said...

Sounds good. My husband has a similar version that he has to whip up every year.

Karen M said...

looks and sounds yummy! And it has fruit and dairy products so why all the guilt?!! Just enjoy the yumminess!!

Jeanne said...

Okay I've never heard of it but it does look totally decadent. And Donna I so appreciate the sacrifice you made having another piece for us all ROFL. Saving this recipe to try out.

Donna said...

Marty is an EXPERT in "salads", and he most assuredly says that is NOT "salad"! hahahahaha!!!!!!

SOUL said...

hmmmmm. i just don't know what to think about this.
at least i say Pah-khan right. :))
anyhow-- part of me wants to try it-- part of me screams at the the mere thought of mayo in such a yummy sounding 'thing'.
if i ever do make it-- i would be forced to substitute sour cream..or plain yogurt . i just can't see mayo in this. can ya tell i'm not a mayo fan?

anyhow-- thanks for sharing your recipe. i'll let ya know if i give it a whirl.

hugs

dabrah said...

All this yummy food - and I'm on a diet. I've never heard of coke salad before, but I'm intrigued.

Paula said...

Oh boy- this sounds sinful, Miss Debbie!! (But I like to be BAD every once in a while... *snicker*) Thanks for sharing this!

Faery said...

I never heard about this but it sounds delicious...I may try it...yes I will, tomorrow I'll go to the store and buy the ingredients I don't have here, just what I need: a new recipe, i am so exited, Thanks for sharing Donna.

Donna said...

Very interesting....but sounds yummy!!

Hugs,
Donna

Queen-Size funny bone said...

sounds different will have to give it a try. thanks for visiting.

Queen-Size funny bone said...

sounds different will have to give it a try. thanks for visiting.

Nita Jo said...

Oh my! I am gonna have to try that! Love Pecans! Used to say "Pah-khans" like my Grandma...
then watched "When Harry Met Sally" and can't stop myself from saying "Pee-cans" now! Lol!