Sunday, November 1, 2009

November 1st..and Several Announcements!

Good Morning Everyone! Did you get enough Candy last night?Hahaa...We've had candy on hand for a blooming WEEK now...think I've had enough for awhile! We had ZERO Goblins come visit...No knocks on the door...Oh well, guess all the crackpots and mean spirited people in this day and age have thoroughly RUINED Halloween in these parts! Unless you take kids to the mall, to structured events, or to new neighborhoods with young children, you're going to be left out of all the fun! Our block has been here for over 40 years...the kids are all gone. Our Granbabies were either off to friend's houses or with their father...Am I too old to adopt at 58??HAhaaaa...probably...Those 2AM feedings are Tough!!
Did you also remember to set your clocks BACK an hour last night(USA)?? I have the clocks that do it automatically FOR you, so no worries here. It's done!
Also! I'll have the next Brenda Photo Challenge set up by this afternoon. It's ALSO going to be the last one, on the every TWO week schedule! During the Holidays, it's just too hard for everyone to do it so frequently, SO, I'm knocking it back to Once A Month. That Should give everyone enough time to get out and take photos and get them posted WITHOUT stressing! Well, I can't think of anything else except...don't forget to go back to the Challenge Blog and check for late comers! We've had several! ALSO!! Miz Brenda of What's Up Down South has had Internet problems for almost a week now, so Don't panic! She DID NOT...I repeat...DID NOT run away with Jose....LOL
Hope you use the extra hour today, doing something truly remarkable...and FUN!!
PS- Don't you just Love the word,,,Also...?Hahaaa

17 comments:

SOUL said...

everytime i read 'grandbabies' -- i saw cranberries!
please, donna, find a place to just lock me up! i'm losin it.

anyhow-- we left just as the little kids were startin to come out-- but we didn't see many. then of course we got home a little late and didn't see any at all. we did buy candy tho-- which i will be takin to the church pantry-- no one around here needs to be eatin that stuff!

as for plans of the day around here? payin bills, hopefully gettin some bills paid, pickin up my child, and perhaps buyin -- finally-- the elusive duvet cover :))

hubby is in there now-- puttin the comforter in the washer right now. cross your fingers that it doesn't explaod -- bah!

happy sunday!

Sally said...

Jose
is
here.

The
end.

:)

Jeanette said...

Yep.Good idea bout the photo challenge..busy days ahead although I always made time for that!! Sally-you are a crack up!

Dick said...

We did set the clock a week ago, I think it's weird we don't do it all at the same time.
Yes I like the word "Also" very much, lol

Joan said...

We only had 6 sets of kids come to the door. What the heck? Oh well more candy for me.

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I can lend you a child or three???
My Darlings are currently Complining because there are sultanas in the cereal!!!
And You'd think they were spiders....Ugh!!!!!
Trick a treating must be soooo Much fun!

Donna said...

Brenda-Hahaaa...You just need some HAPPY in your life!!LOL...And I Pray the comforter came out of the dryer all Puffy and such!!hughugs


MIZ SALLY!HAHAhahahaaa....OhYouScampYou!! I Knew it! We've been searching hi and lo for that man!!Hahaaa...hughugs


Jeanette- Hope it works out for everyone during the holidays...We'll see...hughugs


Dick- Hahaaa..Good! I Used it enough today!! And it IS strange about time, isn't it...hughugs


Joan- Take it to work...That's what I do...:o(
hughugs


Cupcake-Hahaa..I'll take one off your hands! But ONLY until it starts crying for Mummy!!!LOL
No Trick or Treat there????
hughugs

jenn said...

You can adopt me...no 2am feedings involved! lol!

Donna said...

JENN! What a PERFECT solution!! I'll be expecting you First sunup!!Hahaaa...hughugs

Ann said...

I didn't pass out candy this year, I went out shopping instead and bought myself a treat...lol I'm such an old grump :) DH took care of the clocks and the only ones I ever pay attention to are the ones on my cell phone and computer so no worries for me.
Ya know, I don't think I've ever checked out this Brenda photo challenge thing, I'm going to do it right now.
Have a great week.

SquirrelQueen said...

Sorry you had no costumed kiddo's last night, we had bunches. My hubby and I were talking about it last night, ours is probably one of the few neighborhoods in town where parents and kids can feel safe and comfortable for Halloween. It is not that it's all that ritzy but it's on the edge of town with no through streets, not on the way to anywhere. We never have any problems here, knock on wood.

Judy

Donna said...

Hahaha - YOU LIE! Jose would never, ever leave Miz Sally. Besides, Florida has warmer weather than Arkansas and Jose likes it HOT, if you know what I mean!

No tricksters here! One of the great advantages of living way off the road in the countryside. That will all change when we are moved into our villa home next year, LOL.

I won't be able to participate in the next challenge. Too much chaos going on this month and I'm sure that I will be computerless for a period of time. GAH - what will I do???????

Anyhoo, I'll be saddled up and ready to participate on the next one. Changing to once a month is a good idea! It's been hard to keep up with every two weeks!

Donna said...

I LOVED getting that extra hour of sleep.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Donna

Anvilcloud said...

We had hundreds (literally) fairies, witches and what-have-yous.

Vicki ~ FL said...

Loved the extra hour of sleep and we had NO globlins at our house... next year no candy!

Sandi McBride said...

The only goblin who came a'callin' was the witch from next door...she looked just fantastic! Hope your week is lovely!
Sandi

Brenda said...

I was sure wanting Jose to visit so I could run! Ha!