Monday, February 27, 2023

Celebrating Birthdays and my Week

 Good morning! Had a couple of birthdays to celebrate over the weekend.  Our Son In Love, married to our daughter, Crystal, mom to our granddaughter, Samantha...who is mom to baby Sloane...Lolol...got that?

Anyway...They enjoyed their special days, together, with Sloanes grandparents, Lolli & Pops, Sam's mom and Dad.

They don't live close so Larry and I had to forgo the celebration in person but there were photos sent to us.




Tim loves anything chocolate and Sam loves strawberry.



I made Banana Pudding cookies for Sam to carry with her to her Mom and Dad's home...



Our Sloaney Girl.  I kept her Friday for a few hours before Sam had to leave town and head to her folks house.  She ate 3/4ths of that jar of carrots!  And another 1/4th of blueberries and pears...Big girl!  I haven't given her anything she didn't like, so far.



Here's Larry, Great-Gampa, having a deep conversation with Sloane...lol



Nap time 



Here's a photo of my sister Ruth Ann, in her early 30's.  



Ruth Ann just about five years ago...perfect time to get that colonoscopy...and didn't.



Made toast for Saturday's breakfast.  I experimented by adding poblano chilis and cheddar cheese...Larry loved it!! 


Also made chili with homemade bread for Sunday's lunch.





This is our Libby (pug).  She's my constant companion.  She's now nine years old... and has my heart.  We've had other furrbabies over the years and also have, now, a Chihuahua, something else...lol...rescue pup we love, as well, named Buddy (12).   He's adorable but not very cuddly.  I think he's a man's man type of dog.  He's chose Larry as his Alpha.  I once sprayed him with after bath puppy sweet smelling spray and since then, if I'm anywhere near him with a spray bottle, I get the stink-eye...lolol...but he's our sweetie boy.


Well, I hope you have a sweet and peaceful week.  Ruth Ann begins her second chemo treatment this morning.  She's doing well, no ill effects showing up yet.  She's driving herself to the center...says she feels up to it now.  Sister Laura said she wants to visit with the doctor a bit and I'm not going because our Sloane can't attend daycare today because of illness...so...Laura will fill me in on the visit she has with the doctor, later today so, until next time, 


26 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Ruth Ann ( in her younger photo ) is the "spitting image" of super star, Debbie Reynolds!!!

Cute puppies. Love'em.

Your breakfast toast and chili with homemade bread ...I'm on your doorstep in a jiffy. 🙂

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday to your family! That chili and bread looks delicious. Haven't had chili in awhile. That's a cute picture of Ruth Ann on the horse. And she looks lovely here in her 30's. I chuckled at the picture of Sloane eating her carrots and enjoying them. Nel used to love spinach, and she just kept wanting more haha. And this is such a sweet picture of grandpa and Sloane. She looks so intrigued by what he's saying.

Have a pleasant week, Donna. We are getting a snow storm today and tomorrow.

~Sheri

Jeanette said...

Well Happy Belated Birthday to Tim and Sam! Those cakes sure look good! Sloan is so precious and is there anything cuter that fat little baby hands??? I'm glad you sister is doing well so far. Let's hope things keep going good for her. XO buddy!

Mari said...

Such great photos today!
I love the pic of Ruth Ann when she was young.
Sloane is just as cute as ever, the pic of her and Larry is sweet.
Your kitchen is putting out some good looking food!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wow Ruth Ann and you both were certainly great beauties! And you of course, still are, and I know she is doing the best she can. I hope she does not suffer too much with the treatments. Sloane is in good hands no matter where she is, or on which day! Happy Birthday (belated but no less sincere) to both Tim and Sam! Wow that bread looks good and I AM going to make those banana pudding cookies! I just have to figure out how to not eat them all! Haahaaa xoxo

Ann said...

Happy birthday to the ones celebrating. Sloane is just too adorable for words. Great picture of your sister.

DeniseinVA said...

Happy Birthday to the birthday sweeties. Great photos all of them and your food photos, I wish you lived closer, lol!

ashok said...

Happy birthday to all the loved ones in your family...Sloane is so cute!

Margaret D said...

Happy Birthday to all.
The baby is gorgeous, Ruth Anne and attractive women indeed.
Lovely photos.

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday to those who celebrated it!
Dogs are very good friends I have one myself.
I hope your sister’s health will be better.
I wish you a good day

dori said...

Your lovely family! Best wishes to all - small and big!

A very lovely baby! Good to give her only what she wants.

Your sister is wonderful, and you all 3 sisters have such a good friendship! I also have two sisters.

I hope everything is going well with you and your family!

Greetings and blessings to you and hugs to your sweet dogs, if they allow!


Dori from the Bavarian Forest

Granny Annie said...

I was fascinated with this whole post and realized I do not know my daughter's favorite cake. My son's is Angel-food and my SIL is Key Lime Pie. I also have never heard of banana pudding cookies and will research that immediately.

Bill said...

Happy birthday to all those celebrating their special days. The toast with chilis and cheddar cheese look delicious. The pups are cute and adorable. Have a wonderful week, Donna.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday to your family - mine was yesterday too.
So those two cakes look so good.
Your sister was and still is beautiful.
I love the two dogs you have. Always love pugs, but I am allergic. But would love a Chihuahua - we lost ours last year.
You always make so good meals - your hub is lucky.

Gill - That British Woman said...

you need to share the cookie recipe, they sound and look lovely.

I love your furbaby, so cute, I have always loved pugs. Also your gorgeous Sloane just a bundle of love, super photos.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

You have had a lot going on in your life lately. I hope everyone enjoyed their birthdays. Those cakes were lovely. Recently, despite the fact that I’m not much of a baker, I have been intrigued by a recipe that requires 3 6” cake pans. So, not only did I buy them, but I bought a cake leveler. A cake leveler! I guess I am going to have to call myself a baker now. That cheese toast with a Peppers looks delicious to me. What a great idea. I’m going to try that for breakfast one day this

Lin said...

Baby Sloane is so pretty! I'm always happy to see your photos of your family....but not the food...it makes me HUNGRY! Hahaha!

Your sister has been through a lot. To see her on a horse just a couple of years ago..and now she isn't well. That's hard, emotionally. I can understand why she is struggling.

photowannabe said...

Yummm, your food looks so yummy. I'll be right over. (:0)
I love the photo of great Grandpa having the conversation with your precious Sloane. Prize winner.
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

Belated birthday wishes to the young people. Two cakes? Double yum. In fact, all your food pictures make me hungry. There doesn't seem to be a problem with Sloane's appetite. *smile*

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Happy Birthday to your family. The babies are all adorable. The chili looks so delicious.
Hope all goes well with Ruth Ann and the treatments.

Linda said...

You really know how to make birthdays special!!
I hope you are having a good week! Prayers for your Ruth Ann.....
And I love seeing what you're cooking!!

Lee said...

A lovely post, Donna with lovely photos...some very tempting!! :)

I wish Ruth Ann all the best...I hope all keeps going well for her, and for you all standing by her side.

When my late brother and I were kids we had a pub...named "Whisky". :)

Sandra Cox said...

If Sloane likes baby food, wait till she gets a taste of your cooking:)
Hugs

Sally said...

I can never see too many photos of Sloane Avery. She's a doll if there ever was one. Adorable!

Both my brothers were born in February. l9th and 27th.

Mom and I both in March and Dad was way out there in August. :)

Prayers for Ruth Ann and all of y'all.

xoxo

Sandra Cox said...

What a cute picture of Larry and Sloane.

Lowcarb team member said...

Belated Happy birthday wishes to all those celebrating their special days.

All the best Jan