Thursday, December 28, 2023

Pooped...Partying, Eating and Love



Good Morning, Friends...Wow...It's been a whirlwind of a week!  There was lots of cleaning (I had been a bit behind on things...) Cooking...a little baking...wrapping presents...hanging more bobbles on the tree...I did most of the decorating and cooking this year.  I didn't want to ask Larry to do much of it.  He has two more treatments and a procedure (scope) to see how things look.  Hopefully things are going great.
We all had a fun time...Sloane was her usual happy self (except when she started slowing down...lol...as witnessed in the photo with mom Samantha, and granny Lolli, Crystal. The video was an unexpected fun gift of Sloane!  Too funny...to us, anyway.  We love her so much.

 









Getting ready to implode...




Implosion...Lol...She'd had enough.




Larry's 98 year old Dad, Gerald.



Larry and SIL, Tim




Sam's hubby, Everett and then Samantha



Sloane's Lolli (Our daughter, Crystal)



Crystal (and Samantha's Mom) helping with some cooking.


SIL Tim helping hold the sofa down...lol...We love him.


Crystal made some Rice pudding.


I made a fruit salad.


I made some apple dumplings.



We all made cookies.



I made Biscuits (not cookies, for my Brit friends...lol) and gravy.




Sloanes plate...she recognized the bear.



I made peanut brittle, crispy...not hard!


Crystal made cookies...









Sloane and Gampa resting earlier in the week when we needed to sit with Sloane.  Notice the sleight of hand...lolol...cheeky girl!
 




Samantha did the AI thing that's going around on the internet.  I think the photos look wonderful.












Crystal gifted me with this sachet from Bridgewater Candle Company.  (6 1/2  x  4 1/2 inches) 
All I can say is OMG!  After we'd all finished unwrapping gifts, I walked over to the tree and put the sachet onto a branch and went about my business.  In about ten minutes I started smelling this wonderful fragrance!  I've had sachets before...nothing worked like this one did!  Filled the whole house!  Later that morning, after all had gone, (we ate at 8am this year so everyone could progress on to the next relative's house.  Sam and Everett left here at 11am and still had two more homes and parties to attend...) :o0  
I think I'll plan on doing our celebration on an earlier weekend...so the kids aren't so stressed.  After all, we're now the "old" ones...and Larry and I are just fine with it.  Large families?  You have to be organized! lol)

Anyway, about the sachet, I got online to the company and ordered six more! lol...Only cost $30.10.  I love it!  Go check them out...


Well, I guess that's about it for me on this Christmas 2023.  I can't say I'll be sorry to see it go...we've had better years.  But I am grateful nothing more sinister happened!  I'm so ready for more laughter and sounds of happiness...
No more crying!  I forbid it! lol
Friends...I pray 2024 will bring us a better world...a peaceful one.  May God Bless you all and keep you from harm.
So, until next year...Thank you for putting up with me!  
See you in 2024!


31 comments:

Linda said...

What great images you have as memories for this Christmas. Looks like it was very sweet. Linda

Sooze said...

You must all have really good genes - you all look so young!! Larry and his Dad look like brothers, Crystal and Samantha look like sisters. How do you do it?! What a wonderful array of lovely food. Looks like you all had an amazing time. Happy new year to you all x

Deanna said...

So enjoyed visiting your delightful blog. May you have a blessed New Year! ~d from the Kansas Prairie

Bill said...

Looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas filled with fun and new memories. Have a wonderful New Year!

Jeanette said...

Love all your pictures! Larrys dad looks nowhere near 98 years old! WOW! Glad you had a wonderful time. We did our Christmas on an alternating day for quite a few years. Much less stress on everyone! Happy New Year my friend! May this year bring peace to you all and big changes for the good to our country!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

It looks like you had a wonderful celebration. I really got a chuckle out of those leg lamp cookies. I’m always greatly relieved when it’s all over, but never so much as this year. For whatever reason, this was not a good holiday season for me. Perhaps starting it off with food poisoning set the tone, who knows? I’m just glad to be looking forward to spring.

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful time with family! Goodness but that food looks yummy...and, yes, Sloane is the star of the show!!:) What a sweet Christmas she had! Here's to a wonderful start to the new year. I look forward to getting caught up with blogging, etc....and visiting more in the new year!

dori said...

Sooze says, what I also think 100% the same! Larry and his father look like brothers, Crystal an Samantha like sisters!!

You organized a great and wonderful Chistmas-feast! And all helped together! The star is of course little Sloane! :))

I nearly cannot imagine, how you were able to make such a family-table, decorations and food and and and! So I can imagine, how you felt on the day after Christmas :))) Me the same :))))

Have a good way into a happy and healthy good new year 2024.

Greetings and blessings to you all from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

dori said...

Sooze sagt, was ich auch zu 100 % genauso finde! Larry und sein Vater sehen aus wie Brüder, Crystal und Samantha wie Schwestern!!

Ihr habt ein tolles und wunderbares Weihnachtsfest organisiert! Und alle haben gemeinsam geholfen! Der Star ist natürlich die kleine Sloane! :))

Ich kann mir fast nicht vorstellen, wie du so einen Familientisch, Dekorationen und Essen und und und machen konntest! Ich kann mir also vorstellen, wie du dich am Tag nach Weihnachten gefühlt hast :))) Mir geht es genauso :))))

Kommt gut in ein glückliches und gesundes neues Jahr 2024.

Grüße und Segen an euch alle von Dori aus dem Bayerischen Wald

Lowcarb team member said...

What a super fabulous family time you've had.
Loved seeing your photographs and video.

Enjoy these last few days of December and I wish you and your family a Happy New Year.

All the best Jan

Wanda said...

Donna ~ I would love to put up with you for another year. You have made 2023 so special for me. So glad we found each other's blogs.

Your pictures are so lovely and real, I feel like I'm been spending Christmas with you. Beautiful family, and lovely table settings, and the FOOD! Beam me over Scottie...I want some of that gravy!!

We had a marvelous Christmas ~ how can you not, when you have a wonderful family. You can see our Christmas Surprise on my new post.

Love and Hugs.
Wanda

ashok said...

Great memories and pictures! Food looks yummy!

Margaret D said...

Lovely to see the family photos and all having a good time.
The dinning room table does look wonderful, the colour red sure does look so good for Christmas.
Larry's dad certainly looks a lot younger than you say.
It's hard eating meals at different places at Christmas time, we did it before the children then for a few years after, mother in laws 30 mintues ways, my parents one hour away for dinner in the evening with two little ones...then everyone came to our place as it was easier for me on Christmas Day - we did this for years till all the parents were gone (to heaven).
Happy New Yearand I do hope it's a good one.

Ann said...

It looks like you had a really nice Christmas. Sloane is adorable as always even with the implosion.
All the food looks delicious.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Great Christmas pictures. Looks like you and the family had a great time together. Enjoy the rest of the holiday and I am raising a glass and wishing you a wonderful New Year. Here's to 2024 xx

Sandra Cox said...

I love the blogger post card and your meal looks luscious. Larry's dad is 98???? Good gracious, he doesn't look anywhere close to that.
Here's to a wondrous 2024.

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Donna, that first picture made me laugh out loud, along with the cookie funny. The room with your your Christmas tree looks gorgeous! Thinking of Larry with his remaining procedures. Wishing him only the very best. Adorable photos and video of your sweet family, and what a great card to end it with. Thank you for your wonderful posts. It’s been a great pleasure getting to know you and I echo your sentiments for 2024.

Granny Marigold said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful but very busy Christmas. No wonder you're ready for some time to relax now that it's over. Good to know Larry seems to be healing. He certainly looks well and as for his father...hard to believe he's 98.
Those scented sachets sound delightful. I must check them out.
Wishing you health and happiness in the new year ♥
Granny M

Linda Stoll said...

what a delightful Christmas with family and delicious food and all kinds of creativity! i look forward to doing the online life with you in '24. blessings!

Catherine said...

Nice video of Sloane! Maxime also dance a lot, they are a generation of dancing babies 😆 !
The food and cookies look very good.
Nice to see Larry and his father ( he looks younger than 98!)
It sounds that you had a nice family lunch together, I wish you to enjoy the last days of the year and wish you a Happy New Year, joy and health!

Donna said...

LINDA STOLL ...friend...I have tried all kinds of ways to sign into your new blog with no success! I must not be doing something right but it keeps rejecting me and telling me I need to subscribe...or join something...over and over again. I give up...I need a college education or a tutorial on how to do it! lol
So if you don't see me, I'm sorry! I have tried for days to get on...
Happy New Year
Donna

Granny Annie said...

I love every bit of this post. The crisp peanut brittle made my mouth water. You family picture were definitely perfect for the Friday Face Off because each face was a winner.

Lin said...

WOW! Looks like an awesome holiday! The food.....AMAZING! I'm coming over for biscuits and gravy!!! You certainly outdid yourself. That baby is just so cute. It's so hard on them at the holidays--so many sights, sounds, tastes...it's a lot. But she seemed to be a trooper! I'm so glad that you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year to you.

Polyester Princess said...

It definitely looks like you've had a wonderful - if pretty full-on - Christmas! What a lovely family you've got, and I can't get over all that delicious looking food. Yum!
And of course I'll "put up with you" another year :-) Finding you and your blog in 2023 has been an absolute delight!
Wishing you a happy & healthy 2024! xxx

photowannabe said...

I do pray that this coming year is better for all of us. Thankful that Larry is doing so well and that your precious Sloane is the Life of your party!
You have succeeded in making wonderful memories and joy in your hearts. Christmas isn't always the Dec. 25 date, its when we can be together with those we love.
Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year, from our home to yours.
Sue

The Happy Whisk said...

98, that is so cool. What a great time to be had. Even with the imploding.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It looks like you had lots of good food and family time this Christmas, Donna. Those pics of Samantha are beautiful! I need to check out the sachet. Happy New Year to you and your family!

DeniseinVA said...

Just popping in again to wish you and your dear family A Very Happy and Healthy New Year Donna. I send hugs to all of you.

Linda said...

Wishing you a beautiful New Year my friend.

Jennyff said...

What a beautiful fun filled exhausting Christmas you had. The photos are splendid, the food all looks delicious, lovely decorations and table settings, your family is beautiful. I can only imagine how you feel coming out of such a full on time, well worth it for the memories you made. Take it easy, good wishes to you all for the new year x

Sandra Cox said...

That first meme is a hoot and oh so true:)