Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Sunday!

First of all, I'd like to say Thank You Lynn (Musings from the Texas Hill Country) for hosting the Shadows theme for all of us this past Saturday on the Brenda Photo Challenge Blog!! It was Great fun Lynn, and we really appreciate you helping us out with the theme!! Everyone's pictures were wonderful! As Soon as our Next host, Judy (The Road to Here), decides on her Theme and Date, I'll get it posted on The Brenda Photo Challenge Blog! Don't forget to go Back to the Brenda Photo Blog and catch our late posters!


Right now, you're saying..."What IS this stuff?".....It's APRICOT Preserves!!! I ordered it for a good cause, from Joni at Morning Coffee!! OH MY WORD PEOPLE!! You know how some preserves can be...well...Super Sickeningly SWEET?? NOT THIS! OMWord! It is Wonderful! I'm afraid I'm going to Have to order MORE Joni!!Hahaa...I'm Serious! You can Also get it HOT and pour it over vanilla ice cream!!!...WHAT!! Not ME! I didn't do that...it was Hubby...that... did... that...Hahahaa
Make sure to look for the July/August edition!
Also, I wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to Trisha of Once Upon a Time!!! Trisha is a writer! I've been a reader of her blog since I started blogging several years ago... She submitted a short story to a new publication called New Love Stories...and they published it!! How wonderful is That?!!! The story, Phantom Rose, is Beautifully written! Trisha KNOWS how to write and write well...I could "see", "hear", and "smell" everything she described and when That happens for Me, it's a wonderful story! And the story itself??? Oh No you don't!Hahahaa...(HINT: A Pirate and....Hahaaa) Get to your bookstore right now and grab a copy! I found mine at Books A Million but it's also at Borders and Maybe at Barnes & Nobel. Way to go Trisha!!
Well, guess I'll get this posted...I now need to do a post on my Rant blog...SO, Have a Wonderful day or night and be safe!

18 comments:

Joni said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your apricot preserves! Yes I have a few jars left and I'll be happy to save you a couple. I'll be making peach preserves very soon too! Word of mouth has really made my sales skyrocket...ha, ha...the ladies at the bank saw the memo on your check and put their orders in too! Thanks for your support!

Donna said...

Joni!!! PEACH??Hahaa...Crystal's Favorite!! I'll need some of THAT when they're ready!
I'll get you a check out Monday for the Apricot!!! Thanks sweetie!! I'll Bet your sales Did jump!! IT's GOOD STUFF!
hughugs

Trisha said...

Thanks, Donna! I'm shocked you found it but I'm glad to know you did. I will have to look at Books A Million. I hope you liked the story. It was a just a little romance. I actually wrote when I was recovering from surgery and needed something to think about besides being in pain.

Donna said...

Trisha- I Loved it! It would have Also made a Great novel!! I can't wait to read more from you! Now get IN there and get busy!Hahaa...hughugs

Amanda said...

It's great when you find a new and great author to read ~ and especially one you know!!
I have just scrolled down and that chocolate brownie looks so good!
l,
Amanda x

Donna said...

Amanda- Come on up and I'll fix you a fresh batch!!!
Go check out her blog! She's a wonderfully sweet lady!
Happy day to you sweetie!!hughugs

Donna said...

That jam sure looks good! You always have the BEST pictures of FOOD! hahahaha!!!!!!

Maybe I'll be up to participating in the next photo challenge. If I can just get to feeling a little better. No promises, but maybe, OK?

Donna said...

Donna- We MISSED you!! You take it easy and stay OFF motorcycles...Hahaa..You know, if the urge hit you!
We'll be looking forward to your return to the challenges Soon sweetie! You just get better!!! I know DH and Marty are taking Really good care of you!!hughugs

Brenda said...

The jam does indeed look delicious! And a new author! You're just full of good news!

Donna said...

Brenda- It IS good stuff! And you've just Got to keep plodding along...Sweet day to you Sugar!!hughugs

SOUL said...

looks yummy---
and i am a late poster-- very late.. but my pix are up now.
happy monday

Sally said...

More food? YIKES??? Just kidding; it all looks SO good!! I'm gonna weigh 300 lbs just from looking!!

Going to check out the new author you mentioned; I'm always happy to hear success stories!! :)

Donna said...

Brenda-Hahaa...Loved your pics!! You did Good Girl! You know you could have passed this time! We know you've got a lot on your plate right now...but we're glad you did!hughugs


SallyGirl- Just for You!!Hahaa..Geez that apricot stuff is WONDERFUL!!!
Have fun at Trisha's!hughugs

Joan said...

I was thinking about putting up some balonie jam...are you interested?

Donna said...

Joan-Hahahaaa...Depends on price! I hear that Balonie is Pretty expensive these days!Hahahaaa...And what's this I hear you not going to keep up with your BLOG much??? You're in SO much trouble little girl!!hughugs

Jeanne said...

Oh my those preserves look marvelous! Love 'real' fruit preserves not the stuff in the supermarket.

♥Rosie♥ said...

That apricot preserve looks so good Donna I'm salivating at the thought of spreading some on homemade bread hugshugs Rosie xoxox

Donna said...

Jeanne- You and me both! They can be too sweet!!hughugs


Rosie- Now I need the homemade bread!!Hahaa...
hughugs