Monday, October 22, 2007

What's for Dinner?


Well, today, the north wind, she be a blowing! High 40's this morning with a noon high in the lower 60's. It would be pretty nice if rain wasn't in the mix! But, so what, it's cooler and I'm happy.
So, what's for dinner, on this, our first cold day in almost 6 months? I'm staying late at work today so I'll have to figure this meal will be for tomorrow night. Not that I don't trust Crys to make it...but you know how it is when you look forward to making something for a while. I'm thinking of either Chicken & Sausage Gumbo, or a big pot of Chili. What's your favorite?
Well, besides the cold wind and rain, nothing much going on today. So, I'll say hope you have a great evening and a better tomorrow.

8 comments:

JR said...

I'm jealous, you've got cooler temps than we do. This has been a really warm "Fall" for us in Maryland. It's 79 right now. I keep waiting for the weather to cool so I can start using the crockpot to make soups. I did one a few weeks back when we actually had some cool temps - a Butternut Squash Bisque. I lean toward the creamy soups and meaty stews. I have a bean allergy, though I love chili, it just doesn't love me.

JR said...

Oh I almost forgot to mention, I used to live in Texas too. I've lived in Austin, Round Rock, and College Station. Glad to be back up north though, I never handled the heat and sun very well, too harsh on my Scandinavian features.

Donna said...

Vancouver V- So glad you dropped by! Yes, I know those towns well! The bisque sounds wonderful and since you've lived in the south, you know the difficulties in choosing between chili and gumbo! lol Have a great evening!

Joan said...

I don't know what gumbo is..but it sounds ahhhh gummy... just like my stew yesterday. So, I just might have made a dish that crosses all the borders. Who knew! Stew Gumbo. Gord said it wasn't thick enough, and I told him, ....well you don't want to know...children might be reading your blog.

Donna said...

Joan- How funny! The chicken & sausage gumbo is my favorite. Not the least bit gummy unless you were to add okra, which I don't. I'll do a recipe for it on the blog. I think I'll make a believer out of 'ya!! lol Have a grande day!

Crystal said...

And, mother, what did you have for dinner last night?? Thought it was going to be left overs since daughter would be the one home early, huh??? I saw you licking your fingers after you finished the Salmon patties...Yum, you thought, what a nice suprise...;)

Brenda said...

The Gumbo sounds good but I like Chili too. Have you ever made the gumbo with sausage and shrimp?

Donna said...

Crys- yes dear they were yummy..thank you!

Brenda- Oh yes and it's just as good as chicken & sausage! Gumbo is just wonderful if done right. Have a fun evening.