Monday, March 17, 2008

I Think The Worst is Over...











Well, when we got home, Sami was still asleep. Crystal was making dinner. William had asked me if Sam was alright...(he's a worrier) several times on the trip home. Of course, you have to answer several times. That's alright though. I'm glad they are so close. Crys and Sami just wanted you to know she's feeling a little better, especially when I pull out the camera and say cheese!LOL...Even William had to have his picture taken!
Hopefully, the vomiting has now fled the scene and only a fever remains. She's had 7Up and Coke, crackers and not much else. She Loves strawberry milk (Nestles Quick) but I put the brakes on that. NO MILK...It's actually a solid and that's a no-no with an upset stomach. Fruit juices also are an irritant, so those are out. If it's fizzy then go for it...Anything that helps you burp! Relieves gas build up...LOL...You Needed to know all this, didn't you!!!
After dinner, I took another stroll in the yard, looking for more signs of Spring. Snapdragons! Blooming like crazy. Made for a peaceful ending to a worrisome day...
Interesting Info: Julius Caesar's bloody assassination on March 15, 44 B.C., forever marked March 15, or the Ides of March, as a day of infamy. It has fascinated scholars and writers ever since.
Just thought you wanted to know that....LOL....

10 comments:

Dawn said...

I am glad that Crystal and Samantha are doing better.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Donna said...

Dawn- Thanks Sweetie...Is your internet problem "cured"??? Have a happy night!!hughugs

Pauline Evanosky said...

My sister says the BRAT diet is what she would give her kids when they weren't feeling well...Bananas, Rice, Applesause and Toast. Hope everybody gets through it okay.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear Samantha is feeling better. Throwing up is never fun! Do you think the rest of you have avoided it? I suppose you probably won't know for sure for a few days. These viruses are tricky, aren't they?

jenn said...

I'm so happy to hear the yucky part is over. I hope this morning sam is fever free as well.

Donna said...

Lady Skye- That Brat diet sounds pretty good!!LOL...Thanks for checking in on us!! Have fun today sweetie!!hughugs


Jazzi- I pray we'll miss out on all the fun stuff!lol...Yeah, it'll be a while before we know for sure. Have a happy day!hughugs


Jenn- She was still sleeping when Will and I left so I'm not sure about this morning...Crys said there were no troubles last night so that's great. Hope you're all feeling much better?!!!hughugs

Brenda said...

I used to babysit for a woman when I lived in England, who gave her kids warm milk when they were feverish and then wondered why they upchucked. I'd wait till she left to go out and give the kids sips of ice cold fizzy water (they didn't have Sprite in England back in those days, only coke).

Donna said...

Brenda- They just don't teach the younger generation of Moms, the do's and do-nots. Gads, could you imagine what that Warm milk tasted like on a sour stomach??lol
Have a Wonderful day Sweetie!!hughugs

Sea Angels said...

I am so glad everyone is better, poorly is not good...
It was my birthday on March the 15th, so does that mean I should watch out for a knife in the back, mmm thats food for thought!! haha !!
Happy Easter Donna
Hare Hugs
Lynn xx

Donna said...

Lynn- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!!! I'll have to make a note of that for next year!! And No, but you share in a historical moment! LOL...Have fun today love!!hughugs